Pages:
Author

Topic: How are you for Preparing Aug 12 if the Market Collaps - page 2. (Read 4416 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
How will you keep your money safe..
Buy goods, yachts, sports cars, paintings, land, jewellery and watches....before the dollar crashes.

Some of those work, but highly-visible, bulky things are not going to be safe.  If they're not outright seized, they'll be taxed to death ... and they know you have them.

Best option is gold coins ... easy to conceal, and easy to redeem for its previous purchasing power when the shizzle hits the fan.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
Even if debt ceiling is not raised by Aug 2, US will NOT default.
Don't believe everything the politicians and the media says. Rather, do ur own research and you will find out all this default thing is just a game.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hi

How will  you survive if the US Dollar causes the Markets to crash on Aug 2nd..

How will you keep your money safe.. if the Dollar experiences runaway inflation

Thank you..

The US dollar will not cause a market crash.  A default on or a downgrade to US debt is what may cause a collapse.  Absolute worse case scenario is a default situation where interest is not paid on Treasuries.  Odds of this happening are very VERY small.  Even without an increase in the debt ceiling.  A downgrade is much more plausible.  A raise in the debt ceiling has a fairly good chance of happening.  It would be a self-inflicted wound to do otherwise.  However, S&P says they need to see cuts of $4 trillion over the next 10 years in addition to the debt ceiling being raised in order to prevent a downgrade.  This may be harder to achieve as both plans in debate do not cut to this magnitude.

How do you protect yourself in a market crash?  Keep your money out of the market.  How do you make money in a market crash?  Short the market, buy gold, buy treasuries, maybe even play the VIX.

As for inflation, I see no signs of "runaway" inflation at this time.  In the end, I think Congress and Obama will just kick the can down the road. 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
You mean August 2nd...
Activity: 99
Merit: 11
Buy goods, yachts, sports cars, paintings, land, jewellery and watches....before the dollar crashes.

Or Maybe Silver
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
How will you keep your money safe..
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
They will probably find a way to raise the debt ceiling.
Again... -,-

Since this huge amounts of debt are build in the system there is no other way then creating more money to solve the problem temporally.
But at the end it will create more debt, its kinda like the chicken and egg story.

But eventually the debt will win and the dollar will crash.
Is this is on 2 August 2011? ... no I don't think so, I do not believe this.
Activity: 609
Merit: 501
peace
It's a good answer and the easiest to act on, despite the hoops needed to fund your exchange accounts.
Otherwise, it is put options, reverse trackers on indices, oil etc.
& Income producing investments.

I spread myself over these three options and need to put more focus on income producing investments now.

Especially, invest your time in what you enjoy and desire.
Good answer..  Smiley
Hi

How will  you survive if the US Dollar causes the Markets to crash on Aug 2nd..

How will you keep your money safe.. if the Dollar experiences runaway inflation

Thank you..
Pages:
Jump to: