Pages:
Author

Topic: How bad is breathing in air from GPU's? - page 3. (Read 2683 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
October 29, 2017, 07:55:42 AM
If you live in a dusty area the gpu fans break the dust particles into fine particles which fill the air in the room. Breathing this air for an extended period of time might lead to health problems later due to the inability of the respiratory system filtering the fine dust particles.
Activity: 32
October 29, 2017, 06:58:14 AM
I have 12 GPU in bedroom with me, and still good until now,
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
October 29, 2017, 06:23:59 AM
It seems that you live in a hyperbaric chamber with the mountain air and come to the computer as a nuclear reactor. Lol. You are on the streets goes a lot of cars blowing in the wind that raises dust and many other things. You can't walk the streets in a gas mask. The computer is part of our life and it is not more harmful than anything else.
Activity: 661
Merit: 258
October 29, 2017, 05:25:46 AM
Sorry OP, but threads like this works like campaign participants magnets.
It works like this:
1.get in post 75chars of bullsh**t , or repeat any other bullsh**t
2.cash in
3.get out never return back and big thx for the OP

The answer for your questions is no one really knows , you need to ask a doctor , but i am sure it's not your biggest life risk bro.
Activity: 42
October 29, 2017, 05:07:07 AM
it's just hot air, not polluted air. but if you feel, you can buy air purifier anytime.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 29, 2017, 05:03:51 AM
It's just a hot air unless some chemicals evaporate from mining rig chassis.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 03:13:02 PM
I was sleeping next to 12 GPU's for more than a year and I'm still alive..
I think that the u are breathing the same air as it's going out of the vacuum cleaner.. Smiley
Activity: 39
October 18, 2017, 02:44:34 PM
I think more harm brings noise than the heated air. Or electromagnetic learning, so I would not advise you to sleep in an embrace with a mining farm.

I have to say that I disagree, you should embrace your gpus. There a high correlation between a gpu's overall level of happiness and productivity in terms of hashrate. Social needs are a factor to consider, and is beneficial for both you and your gpu.

Nothing puts me to sleep better than the hum of a hundred gpus.

I basically consider them part of the family at this point and you should too.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
October 18, 2017, 02:23:06 PM
I love the smell of it. It is not really a health hazard unless you stick your face close to the running GPUs for more than 8 hours a day. If you are always moving around then you're fine.
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
October 18, 2017, 01:59:22 PM
I think more harm brings noise than the heated air. Or electromagnetic learning, so I would not advise you to sleep in an embrace with a mining farm.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
October 18, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
🔥💣🔺😄 Its bad just like breathing air from a heated / cooled AC / heat pump / space heater 😄🔺💣🔥
Activity: 57
October 18, 2017, 12:58:31 PM

What about radiation or stuff like that? I have 20 GPUs in my apartment.

The only radiation that is dangerous from a PC or Graphics Card is heat radiation  Cool
Activity: 233
October 17, 2017, 06:40:00 AM
What about radiation or stuff like that? I have 20 GPUs in my apartment.

Yes, hot air mixed in with extremely toxic chemicals, beta and alpha radiation emissions due to the ghz frequencies, as well as proton emission decays due to the unique ethereum algorithm computation that happens inside the GPU will most likely fry your brain within a week if you stay within 100ft of more than 10 GPUs.

With 20 you should be dead already...

I guess I am lucky. Those 20 GPUs didn't kill me yet...
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
October 16, 2017, 06:16:48 PM
Mining on Lyra2Rev2 algo is proved to cause  altered state of consciousness (ASC) as stated by Dr Gurij Gibarov.  Primary consciousness is associated with unconstrained cognition and less ordered (higher-entropy) neurodynamics that preceded the development of modern, healthy adult, normal waking consciousness. The entropic brain hypothesis emphasizes the great research potential of the psychedelic state of mind for gaining more insight into general human consciousness.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
havent laughed so hard since last week.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1591
Do not die for Putin
October 16, 2017, 05:24:11 PM
Its not the GPU thats unhealty but you who are unhealthy. All that skin that you drop ends up into the nooks and grannies of the GPU. Thats why you should keep your GPUs in a room that is isolated from the rooms where the skin-droppers are living.
You are actually unhealthy for you poor GPU´s that end up loaded with your tissues and having problems to properly cool. You should sleep outside the house for their well being  Grin Grin
Activity: 270
October 16, 2017, 04:22:27 PM
Mining on Lyra2Rev2 algo is proved to cause  altered state of consciousness (ASC) as stated by Dr Gurij Gibarov.  Primary consciousness is associated with unconstrained cognition and less ordered (higher-entropy) neurodynamics that preceded the development of modern, healthy adult, normal waking consciousness. The entropic brain hypothesis emphasizes the great research potential of the psychedelic state of mind for gaining more insight into general human consciousness.
Activity: 256
October 16, 2017, 04:03:02 PM
I don't know that there is any major health concerns about emissions from the GPU cards. I do know that if you are in a small contained area that you better have a good air conditioner and a set of noise cancelling headphones. These rigs generate a heck of a lot of heat and noise, so more of a comfort concern versus a health concern in my opinion.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 659
October 16, 2017, 03:59:42 PM
The radiation can be an issue if you live close to a cell phone tower. Happened a year ago to some forum member. The cell phone company told him he must shut down his rigs because it causes interference.

Also if the equipment is very new there is small contaminants due to the flux burning off. After a month or so it should all burn off.
There would really be residue specially on new miners which would eventually burn off later on. I cant see that the air been produced by these miners are healthy at all.Even it is just a warm air but thinking off those are being generated which do really have substance accompanied and the main concern is not actually the hot air but the noise that it do generates and since you are operating mining then expect these kind of things and get used to it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
October 16, 2017, 03:53:17 PM
Nah, so many unhealty product we are eating and drinking that this small amount of not so helty air will make no difference.
Mobile phone is much more damage tu us, radiation, non stop in touch with who know how dangerous materials made from...
Activity: 57
October 16, 2017, 03:36:50 PM
Heated solder is bad because of the flux fumes. So, unless the GPU is releasing the magic smoke from its internals, you should be fine even with a couple of rigs.
The noise however, that's real pollution  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: