Pages:
Author

Topic: How can I get rid of all my rigs at a decent price? - page 2. (Read 661 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
eBay's a decent place to sell if you've got some existing reputation on the site and you set the correct restrictions on your listing. I suggest setting restrictions on where you can ship your rigs or cards (e.g only the Lower 48 US States, etc.), as some people do try to buy items from far-away countries and that's a hassle for the seller. Generally speaking, eBay isn't a bad place to sell, but there are occasionally scammers on the site that intend to get products for free, but obvious scams are pretty easily spotted on the site.
Activity: 633
Merit: 267
You can create a post on Marketplace section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
Remember to use an escrow.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
I just bought a bunch of 1060 6gb for 75$ because market is so flooded with mining rigs.  If you sell now you will not make much.

Do you have any access to *very* cheap electricity or just bought them for mining in upcoming months?
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
I just bought a bunch of 1060 6gb for 75$ because market is so flooded with mining rigs.  If you sell now you will not make much.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Considering selling my rigs piece by piece via Reddit or looking for a bulk sale. Anyone have any recommendations on going about?

Around 200 1060 6GBS

People will only buy your "decent priced" gpu if the same person will be getting decent return, gpu gaming possible, mining not possible. If I were you, I would wait eth price to return to 800 usd or so, so you can get a better deal.

That might not be a very good idea; Ethereum's rebound to $1k could take more than a year, ultimately resulting in much more devaluation of the GPU cards.

@GPU Farm, IMO, you should first of all figure out that which GPUs are in absolutely perfect condition, not overclocked, and able to reach their standard (first-use) benchmarks. You'll most probably find gamers for such GPUs (especially since they're all nVidia) and get a much better rate.
Activity: 618
Merit: 21
New GTX1060 costs around 300 dollars at the moment. Your cards are not in good condition after mining that's why the price will be not more than 150 dollars per card. I'd recommend you to continue mining Ravencoin, Zcoin or Ether and use the heat from rigs for something useful. If you don't use heat from GPUs for space heating, then you have to find other solution to have additional profit. For instance, there are some homemade upgrades for mining rigs, serving for indirect heating boilers. But, frankly, earlier or later, all of us will sell our equipment sometime.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Yeah, eBay would probably be the best shot to get rid of your rigs. Also, depends where you are from, but often times there are forums dedicated to PCs and their parts. Finding a forum like this could also solve your problem.

Still, eBay is probably the easiest way. Though one should be a bit careful when selling there, watch the feedback that buyers have. I have seen multiple counts where the buyer is a filthy scammer and still wins a dispute that an honest seller has initiated.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Considering selling my rigs piece by piece via Reddit or looking for a bulk sale. Anyone have any recommendations on going about?

Around 200 1060 6GBS

People will only buy your "decent priced" gpu if the same person will be getting decent return, gpu gaming possible, mining not possible. If I were you, I would wait eth price to return to 800 usd or so, so you can get a better deal.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Seems like ebay would be the most logical choice....
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Around 200 1060 6GBS
Pages:
Jump to: