Pages:
Author

Topic: How can I increase the appeal of my node? - page 2. (Read 476 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I think the main issue here is that your ip keeps changing. It probably causes more of a problem to connect to it than it does not doing... You might be better off just using it for yourself unless you can get a static IP. Often, public places have multiple IP addresses so thst might be an issue too if you get switched between routers (as most use systems to switch from one router to another when one is busy).
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
Do you have a discussion as to the other info on the public Wi-Fi?
I have some thoughts but they might be a re-hash of another discussion.
But:
1) Are you always in the same location? Or are you getting different IPs?

2) Are you sure it's the sporadic traffic is the fault of the connection and not your PC? When you get in a block it thinks about the block and if you don't have enough CPU you wait.

3) If you have a node that lets you connect make a note of it and then use addnode in your conf file to make sure you try to connect to it next time.

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
As many of you know, I maintain a full node over public WiFi. This means that I have several restrictions imposed on me. I can only allow outbound connections, and there is a maximum of eight permitted. However, very frequently I see that  I have only been able to make 2 or 3 connections, or none at all for some periods, and traffic is sporadic. Often there are quiet spots of many minutes between communication bursts. This is common to a variety of locations, so I suspect it is not due to limitations imposed by the service provider. Speed varies between 50Kb/s and 2,000Kb/s, and node ping rimes are usually lower than 100ms, although at the moment they seem to be in the range 100ms-500ms. I'm using Core version 0.18.0 under Windows 10.

I had to switch back to Windows for a couple of reasons, but I will probably return to Linux ( Ubuntu or Mint ) next month. I feel that the fact that I only run my node a couple of times a day, and that I am on a limited connection, may mean that some peers are blocking me, and that is limiting my ability to find eight good nodes for synchronisation. Is there anything I can do to improve my support for the Bitcoin system, and thus find some more peers who are prepared to  be my "friends".

Pages:
Jump to: