Pages:
Author

Topic: How can i secure my blockchain wallets private keys - page 2. (Read 256 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
there are some way to secure you wallets
1. split your keys to at least 2 pieces and save them at different place
2. enable 2 factor authentication
3. use a clean browser to login
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
First rule, never screenshot the keys as a hacker could get to them in your phone and use them to log in. Always write it down someplace safe only you have access to.
Activity: 16
Thanks guys for giving me good advice. I guess I have to buy a hardware wallet. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 23
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
I suggest the private key should be stored online (on google drive), and do not memorize it. You also do not just store the private code on the hard drive,SD Card and the like, because offline storage is very vulnerable, can be lost, formatted or other problems.
Worst advice ever. That is the first and chances are the last moment you will see your crypto if you follow the above advice.

As some other people have suggested, it is easy as ABC: if you want to store some more than very small amounts of money,
A. buy yourself a hardware wallet. Buy it from the original vendor (Ledger or Trezor), not from some eBay reseller, because chances are the eBay guys will scam you.
B. upon arrival, inspect the tamper proof seal.
C. create a 24-word backup wordlist and make sure it is kept safe and never disclosed to anybody

And you will be all right. But read and learn, so you don't do anything that will cost you money!
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
I secure my private key on the computer and also on the mobile so as not to be lost. I will keep my computer and mobile so as not to get damaged and not lost. if my mobile is borrowed by someone then I will not lend it if he is not a person I know.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
I don`t really know how to secure you private keys. I guess you should come up with a very reliable key. Strong passwords include letters, numbers, punctuation marks and at least 19 characters in length. Make sure that you never forget your password and store it in a safe place. But remember that if hackers want to crack your wallet, they will do it. That's why it's best to distribute your Bitcoin funds and store the necessary amount, covering your daily expenses, in your mobile or online wallet. Distribution of your funds among several depositories, reduces to zero the possibility of the theft of all your funds for one time.
Activity: 28
Get a hardware wallet if you have any significant amount, keep your seed very safe in a place only you know about.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
No need to worry about your private keys on blockchain, just setup 2fa on your account and always secure your 12 seeds. You cant access your private key from your blockchain wallet, you need use https://iancoleman.io/bip39/ . To check your private keys from your blockchain you need to write your 12 seeds on there. So if your seeds is safe, then your private key will safe too.

Just my personal advice, dont use blockchain to store your coin for long time. Use dekstop wallet or mobile wallet.
Activity: 98
Merit: 9
I suggest the private key should be stored online (on google drive), and do not memorize it. You also do not just store the private code on the hard drive,SD Card and the like, because offline storage is very vulnerable, can be lost, formatted or other problems.
Activity: 61
Hello

Im new in cryptocurrency. I registered on blockchain wallet. Someone told me to secure the private keys in the blockchain wallet. I know this post seems to be very funny for you tech people. But I want to know that, in which option in the blockchain wallet i could get the private key & how can i secure the private key. PLease help me out.
hacker can hack your wallet key at anytime they want, so I think you should cold storage like Ledger S, search google for more information
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
By blockchain, do you mean blockchain.info?

I don't use it so I have no idea if you can even get a copy of the private keys associated with your account, but there's no point either way. The point of protecting your private key is to keep it only to yourself, and there's no way to do this with online wallets as the service itself has access to them. You can protect your private key perfectly well and still be hacked because you're essentially at the mercy of your service provider.

You should consider setting up a desktop wallet/hardware wallet as they are much safer, and they actually keep your private key private.
Activity: 16
Hello

Im new in cryptocurrency. I registered on blockchain wallet. Someone told me to secure the private keys in the blockchain wallet. I know this post seems to be very funny for you tech people. But I want to know that, in which option in the blockchain wallet i could get the private key & how can i secure the private key. PLease help me out.
Pages:
Jump to: