Pages:
Author

Topic: How can I short the Bitcoin market? - page 2. (Read 979 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
September 02, 2017, 11:16:20 PM
THIS IS A QUESTION FOR EXPERIENCED TRADERS IN BITCOIN

I am an experienced trader in other markets and would like to trade the Bitcoin market on both the long (buy) side and the short (sell) side.

Can someone point me in the direction of the three biggest exchanges that allows me to go long or short the BTC/USD

I am a professional trader. I want to trade in minimum $10,000 blocks.

I am looking for mainstream (NOT crypto)  brokers that allow me to trade the BTC/USD without having to take possession of any Bitcoins. I want to just trade the BTC/USD  pair.

In the crypto exchanges, I have to convert my USDs to BTCs and then either store my BTCs elsewhere (for safety because the Crypto exchanges get hacked all the time) or take the risk of leaving my BTCs at the exchange (where they can be stolen).
Both alternatives are unattractive.

A better alternative is to find a reputable mainstream broker that will allow traders to just trade the BTC/USD.

Are there any traders here that trade BTC/USD on any mainstream (NOT crypto)  brokerages?
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
September 02, 2017, 11:05:40 PM
Why wouldn't you just google it?

Bitstamp. Btc-e, I think coinbase does it too. In terms of what the differences are, do your own research.

OP here

I am looking for more mainstream brokers. Not crypto exchanges.

I have just finished reading the article in Fortune.com (Hacking Coinbase: The Great Bitcoin Bank Robbery)
http://fortune.com/2017/08/22/bitcoin-coinbase-hack/
Coinbase was successfully hacked 30 times in a month. That is an average of once a day.  BTC-e is even worse.
And because Bitcoin is hard to trace, it means that the lost money won't be able to be recovered.

u can try usd tether ,then go for bittrex or poloniex,there buy and sell range is quite good. tether is more effective just as it uses cryptography so its your call whether to use it or not.
September 02, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

Bitstamp. Btc-e, I think coinbase does it too. In terms of what the differences are, do your own research.

OP here

I am looking for more mainstream brokers. Not crypto exchanges.

I have just finished reading the article in Fortune.com (Hacking Coinbase: The Great Bitcoin Bank Robbery)
http://fortune.com/2017/08/22/bitcoin-coinbase-hack/
Coinbase was successfully hacked 30 times in a month. That is an average of once a day.  BTC-e is even worse.
And because Bitcoin is hard to trace, it means that the lost money won't be able to be recovered.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
September 02, 2017, 10:41:23 PM

September 02, 2017, 10:37:26 PM
THIS IS A QUESTION FOR EXPERIENCED TRADERS IN BITCOIN

I am an experienced trader in other markets and would like to trade the Bitcoin market on both the long (buy) side and the short (sell) side.

Can someone point me in the direction of the three biggest exchanges that allows me to go long or short the BTC/USD
Pages:
Jump to: