Pages:
Author

Topic: How can this friend successfully ipo? - page 2. (Read 3404 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
July 21, 2014, 09:46:49 AM
what does he even need to IPO for?

More money?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
July 21, 2014, 09:15:03 AM
He mines with the University's system? If this is true. He is a scumbag. I hope he gets caught and they arrest him.

Edit: Nothing is free, if you're not paying for it and you're using it to mine. Someone else is paying for it. If you're morally ok with that then you're probably morally ok with fucking over your investors when shit goes south. Which is a very common thing here. I don't think your friend will do well IPOing here.

Yeah, clearly this is a bad idea. He's making (stealing) money here - what does he even need to IPO for?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 21, 2014, 08:34:15 AM
My friend works at a "big" University, and he has been responsible for a "big" cluster for years.

About 1 week ago, he knew digital coins from me and start to use that cluster to mine Altcoins and sell it for about 1---3 bitcoins every day. That means, no cost. 100% profit.

He want to ipo at cryptostocks or other sites. Because he thinks digital coin is a great opportunity so he wants to get much money (about 300 BTC) earlier to start bitcoin related business.

But he is uncertain if he can IPO successfully. Especially he can't give out his personal information to Public. So, how can people trust him?

He mines in the pools of altcoins, so every one can monitor the hashrate. He also can distribute the profit every day.

If he starts IPO, will you buy?

Similarily, in China, many people can use free electricity. If they use it to mine, and want to IPO, will you buy?

So, I suggest that he should wait 100---300 days to get enough bitcoins himself.

(Hint: He can't be trusted.)

He mines with the University's system? If this is true. He is a scumbag. I hope he gets caught and they arrest him.

Edit: Nothing is free, if you're not paying for it and you're using it to mine. Someone else is paying for it. If you're morally ok with that then you're probably morally ok with fucking over your investors when shit goes south. Which is a very common thing here. I don't think your friend will do well IPOing here.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
July 21, 2014, 07:47:05 AM
My friend works at a "big" University, and he has been responsible for a "big" cluster for years.

About 1 week ago, he knew digital coins from me and start to use that cluster to mine Altcoins and sell it for about 1---3 bitcoins every day. That means, no cost. 100% profit.

He want to ipo at cryptostocks or other sites. Because he thinks digital coin is a great opportunity so he wants to get much money (about 300 BTC) earlier to start bitcoin related business.

But he is uncertain if he can IPO successfully. Especially he can't give out his personal information to Public. So, how can people trust him?

He mines in the pools of altcoins, so every one can monitor the hashrate. He also can distribute the profit every day.

If he starts IPO, will you buy?

Similarily, in China, many people can use free electricity. If they use it to mine, and want to IPO, will you buy?

So, I suggest that he should wait 100---300 days to get enough bitcoins himself.
Pages:
Jump to: