Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency? - page 45. (Read 52948 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
I think social media and other way of getting more people to bitcoin and to make them use of it is enough to them to let themselves work to help them. I mean some of my friends that I thought about online currency wouldn't want them to get force if they don't want that's I let them go after I convince them for a reason.
While some prefer to actively promote bitcoin in social media and within their friends I find those methods to not be optimal, there is nothing we can do to make people adopt cryptocurrencies, people are not dumb and they are not going to go against their own interests, if they feel that it is in their best interest to adopt bitcoin then they will do it, this is precisely what we are seeing in countries that are experimenting a huge economic crisis, so it is my belief that something that will greatly help the adoption of cryptocurrencies is another crisis like the one that we saw a decade ago.

When that happens people will have a choice to make, to keep believing in fiat despite all the times they have been let down by it or to try something new.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
before making people use bitcoin, we better introduce what bitcoin is and how to use it. if it only tells people to use bitcoin as a tools of exchange, people will think if bitcoin is not practical, because people have to deposit first, then buy a bitcoin and can use it. It's different if we introduce Bitcoin first before telling people to use it, if people know what the advantages of Bitcoin are and how to get it without having to buy it, people will use Bitcoin for exchange without having to be told.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
for now I don't think it is possible to advise people to use crypto currencies because in my country crypto currencies are still considered illegal by the government and even direct transactions are still prohibited by the government whether maybe people will be able to be confident and fully trust
Activity: 406
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

By means of adoption and acceptance of the people is the only solution to get people to use bitcoin as a currency.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
Many do not see Bitcoin as a means of payment because of its high volatility. It unstable value will not be a good medium of exchange. Most use it as a means of investment HODL to make a profit
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.

You cannot force people to use bitcoin as currency because there are only a few things as what you mentioned that can be bought with bitcoin. When it comes to our country, I am using bitcoin as currency at times because I use it to pay some of my bills like credit card, phone bills etc. because our platform permits us to do so.

However, not all country has this kind of platform and in case they need money, they are force to exchange it to fiat first because most of the transactions can only be paid in fiat. It would start with the merchants if they would consider adopting it and then people would use it as currency.
It does not depend only on people but in public places holders of products or authorities should accept the Bitcoin or other coins as payment mode which is not common in many developed countries.

However, many countries are accepting it as payment mode especially companies where there friction-less transaction of Bitcoin is very necessary. As long as traders and investors who have business around should accept crypto coins as payment mode after which people will enable to use it.

Exactly, there's nothing to do with the people but it's with the firm itself, or the government who should first consider bitcoin as a currency. People are just consumers.
Currency runs when there is demand for it and for Bitcoin, there is big demand. However the behavior of the government towards the cryptocurrency in the developing countries has been not very welcoming.

Despite knowing the fact that it could be proved more economic for the economy, the ill effects have been a matter of concern for them and they have no intentions to introduce the technology in my country. So if there is no technology and no facility for people who want to use it, how come you attract other people who do not even know about it?
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
We need more merchants which accepts bitcoin, but before that government needs to do better regulation.
How we expect non regulated money, when everything is regulated.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
This will never happen. Even LLC Zhopamira will not accept in the crypt. No state will give such freedom, it can only be in the future in the national controlled crypt. You want to make a revolution))). More likely, communism will come on the Planet, than fat cats will release threads of control of loot from tenacious llamas.
Activity: 532
When bitcoin could be trade or invest to get much profit, why have to worried about bitcoin still not legal transaction, what for using bitcoin as payment but we can take profit by bitcoin with investment way, I will focus on bitcoin as trading or investment way.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
As of this moment there is a quite stores (physical and online) that has a method for cryptocurrency or just bitcoin. We cannot really force people to use cryptocurrency as a means of payment of every transaction, it is only applicable for those who has a wide perception for the future not with pessimists about the technology capabilities.
Regardless of the medium it is being used in, Bitcoin is no doubt an international currency that can show wonders however there is one thing that has been a show stopper and that is the fact that it is not being accepted world wide-been banned in many countries.

Had it been recognized world-wide in the start, it would have been the main stream for the international and regional transaction right now. This is a moment of concern that something with great potential is being avoided by us.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
There is a need to make it almost a real currency by building stores or shops that would offer bitcoin as payments. Volatility should be stabilized by creating more volume that could be enough for use by the entire people world wide, so that if there is any increase in the demands, bitcoin might not be able to supply and prices may not be very high.There is a need to make it almost a real currency by building stores or shops that would offer bitcoin as payments. Volatility should be stabilized by creating more volume that could be enough for use by the entire people world wide, so that if there is any increase in the demands, bitcoin might not be able to supply and prices may not be very high.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
Honestly, Most of investors buy bitcoin aiming at getting profit not for using as a currency . From consumer side , They don't care much about what kind of currency as long as they can use it easily in their daily life
I think this only happens since bitcoin is not yet totally accepted by the government.But if time comes that mass adoption for bitcoin will take place,then this will give a high chance to make this currency be legalized and accepted by the government.People will start using bitcoin as a currency just like what they did with fiat currencies.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Honestly, Most of investors buy bitcoin aiming at getting profit not for using as a currency . From consumer side , They don't care much about what kind of currency as long as they can use it easily in their daily life
Activity: 490
Merit: 123

Everyone of us can help us to get there.
As bussines owner, add btc as payment method.
As buyer, ask for option to use cryptos.

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
Actually no, various gateways allow vendors to bypass volatilty.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

fastest way is having shop owner to set up crypto payment service. like normal payment. people will start to get curious when its available anywhere. when its become a norm, the trend will start.
Sorry to say but I am not agree with you point of view as much as I know we are the actual characters of crypto currency, we can help to convince people use crypto currency more than government. We are citizens we know the mentality of our society so we know how to mold them, for me we can help to change the minds of people and convince them to invest better than authorities.
I think that it is not such an easy job. You cannot convince a person if you do not any solid reason and proof. You need to convince a persona bout to use bitcoin with good proof which can really put effect on him and he can easily understand and accept the fact about bitcoin.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
I think people will use bitcoin if the governments and banks would consider it as a valid means of payment. Meanwhile, all we can do is trading on the exchanges like CEX or Coinbase, buying and hodling (https://www.cex.io/buy-bitcoins), trying to make profits. Perhaps that would serve as a pattern to those who aren't involved yet – the more we trade, the more they know that this way of earning is real.
Attracting them in terms of this type of opportunities will lead them to gain interest, as of now there's only few establishment who really cater the actual usage of this cryptocurrency, we need more involvement coming from institutions and businesses to attract more people to take some consideration to
adopt tis chain, using investment means is very effective to invite them and make things reliable for them.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Bitcoin was always seen as a currency of the Internet. I suppose the numero uno way of getting it accepted as a currency is to encourage online retailers to accept it. Once people realise that the currency is something which can be used, they will be ready to use it.I'm probably reinventing the wheel here.  Also, we can do our bit to spread the word. Share with people the possibility of freeing the world from the control of banks.  Crypto currency is not just about currency. It's a cause. We should be ready to do our bit to help this cause, as committed believers in crypto currency. By spreading the word, we're doing something good in making this decentralized currency something to be desired.
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
I think people will use bitcoin if the governments and banks would consider it as a valid means of payment. Meanwhile, all we can do is trading on the exchanges like CEX or Coinbase, buying and hodling (https://www.cex.io/buy-bitcoins), trying to make profits. Perhaps that would serve as a pattern to those who aren't involved yet – the more we trade, the more they know that this way of earning is real.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency

What is a currency? Something used to get you paid for your goods or services and something you use to pay for other goods and services.
So all we need is to get businesses accept Bitcoin as payment and also get more businesses that pay in Bitcoin.

And here the problems arise. Businesses have to pay the taxes in fiat. Keeping a registry for Bitcoin transactions, their fiat value and I don't know what else to be IRS compliant may be a task many would rather avoid. Then there are the banks that may look at you as a scammer or at least "high risk" because you use Bitcoin in your business. Ant there's the volatility.

So while in theory it's simple, in practice it's still quite difficult now to have Bitcoin as a proper coin. Maybe we need to give it more time...
Activity: 674
Merit: 101
I am hired and not own by any Team!
The only answer is that when government accept crypto then people will be next to them because the government has the power to rule people if they implement that surely the people will now use crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: