Pages:
Author

Topic: how can we make gambling as an accepted recreational activity like sports game? - page 3. (Read 1487 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 509
Gambling for me not category as a sports game. Actually people play gambling to seek profits from gambling.
Sports game have a rule, nourish our bodies, and many positive benefit we can get from sports game.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
Maybe for me it was not accepted as a recreational game like sports game there was no rules and regulations to follow in gambling unlike other sports there was no skill and can be learned how to play it ,it just a luck  for winning nobody can tell who will or who will loose in this game.We did not know what happens next for whoever play gambling.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
gambling is being a recreational activity almost to all people but i don't think that it will be part of the sports games. if u say sports there will be lots of energy release it also gives people healthy life while in gambling it may show lots of skills but it gives you stress in life especially when you always lose in the game.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
One that I noticed is a board game where you play to bet but at the same time includes some small figures and colorful board and gives off tasks to do in the game which if played by a family it will be enjoyable, but its still a game of pairs.
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
it is not possible gambling does involve luck same as sports in most situations but in sports you require high amount of skills no matter what game it is , in gambling skills won't help you much you need luck more than skills
Basic thing about sports is that it gives you profits. Profits in terms of physical health, mental growth, muscles exercises and every other entertainment factors.
But gambling can’t give you anything even related to it. It makes you so loser and you are not making anything valid and efficient. So sports and gambling are just like the acronyms and synonyms. It is harmful for you.
To be able to make gambling as an accepted recreational activity is they need to have to design a system like fighting in a game and you have to bet in your game characters like in a game of king of fighters then your character is your bet and you are the one who play and it depends upon your fighting skill., and for that it is more fun and pleasure playing that gambling.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
I'm not sure where OP comes from, but from my experience most people don't see gambling as a problem. I don't think that many people do it, but I don't think you'll be judged when you tell people that you gamble a bit.
Of course, when you tell your family about it, they also need to know that you know your limits, and that it isn't a problem for you.

I can relate with OP.  Gambling is also illegal here in our country but you can still see many people playing it.  People will also judge you if they found out that you are a gambler.  Here,  people see all gamblers as the dangerous addicted gambler they think that all gamblers are the same which is very wrong.  Not all gamblers play for profit just like me. 

Anyways,  to make gambling as an accepted recreational activity will be like finding a good way to delete the bad image of gambling here in our country.  It will be hard since many people are very close minded here.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 515
I'm not sure where OP comes from, but from my experience most people don't see gambling as a problem. I don't think that many people do it, but I don't think you'll be judged when you tell people that you gamble a bit.
Of course, when you tell your family about it, they also need to know that you know your limits, and that it isn't a problem for you.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
it is not possible gambling does involve luck same as sports in most situations but in sports you require high amount of skills no matter what game it is , in gambling skills won't help you much you need luck more than skills
Basic thing about sports is that it gives you profits. Profits in terms of physical health, mental growth, muscles exercises and every other entertainment factors.
But gambling can’t give you anything even related to it. It makes you so loser and you are not making anything valid and efficient. So sports and gambling are just like the acronyms and synonyms. It is harmful for you.

Right. In gambling, the negative effects far outweighs its good effects. Far from sports where you'll benefit most of the time. In gambling, you open yourself to addiction which won't only affect yourself but your family as well.

It's negatve effects can not be the reason why we shouldn't gamble because if you have self control you will be a success at gambling if you are able to control your emotions and always have a cool head before you gamble.
Seeing on the ratio on those gambler who do have self control on playing gambling would really be lesser compared into those impulsive gambler which most of them do end up on wrecking their own lives because they do let such addiction to control them. Gambling can never really be considered as recreational activity.Just my own opinion.Instead of recovering up it will surely put you down even more.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253

Right. In gambling, the negative effects far outweighs its good effects. Far from sports where you'll benefit most of the time. In gambling, you open yourself to addiction which won't only affect yourself but your family as well.

It's negatve effects can not be the reason why we shouldn't gamble because if you have self control you will be a success at gambling if you are able to control your emotions and always have a cool head before you gamble.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
Activity: 307
Merit: 20
We can make this happen, but most of all people shouldn't be getting themselves more binded to play gambling as a sources of their profit. That's why most people who think critically doesn't accept this kind of activity a form of recreational activity, besides they've been having an impression of money wasting.

More and more bookmakers are talking about engagement of the "player".  I can only talk for sports betting because that is my industry, but we know that if your at the pub with friends and its not your team playing on the TV the best way to get engaged in the game is to have a few dollars on one of the teams.  You will watch the game much more intently, each shot on goal can either make you a winner or a loser either way you watch each shot with your heart in your mouth. 

This is the true entertainment value of gambling and as long as you are only having a few dollars on the event you will get as much enjoyment from it as you would going to the cinema whilst being out with your friends.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
To turn gambling into an recreational activity like sports we should make some limits and rules, because gambling it's a risky domain and we should be careful when we start it to avoid any kind of risk  losing too much money.
By the way, I don't consider gambling like a domain for getting profit, It's just for fun no more.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Remember that there are two types of gambling games - the luck based ones & the analysis based games. Considering gambling as a recreational activity is something that can't be accepted, you need to know first what's the meaning of recreational activity, it's an activity to give solution to another activity that we do that causes us a problem, mental, health and other types of problem.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514

Depend on what type of gambling do you play.
For example : poker , it's a matter of guts and luck or even just guts for bluffing your opponent to win for a big prize.
All you need is learned from past and implement what you've learned by process !

Though it still requires a lot of luck to be able to win it. And that is not something we can control or even learn to control even from a billion times of playing and getting experience from the game. There are things we cannot control and luck is one of them. That is why there is no one that can say that they can consistently win in any kind of gambling, be it poker or sports books.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther

Depend on what type of gambling do you play.
For example : poker , it's a matter of guts and luck or even just guts for bluffing your opponent to win for a big prize.
All you need is learned from past and implement what you've learned by process !
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
In my country, I don't think there is nothing to be done about that because its already accepted as a part of the society all you need to do is to meet the conditions attached among which are you must be above 18 years to engage in it. We already have a gambling commission that issue licences to operators of gambling sites to ensure they play by the rules.

The places where you need convincing are only countries that are predominantly Islamic States because they are bent on against gambling while the predominantly Christian nations are already secular states which makes gambling accepted in their country. I guess we still have to enjoy the freedom to gamble our funds while it last.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
The main concern about gambling is that it leads people to the addiction. So it's not healthy for us, being impossible to be considered a recreational activity that is endorsed by the society. It's not necessary to see gambling as a recreational activity, however it's not necessary to see gambling as an evil thing that leads people to their ruin, as it can be a powerful tool to boost countries and people's economy.
all things that can gain fun and entertainment is good for everyone's mental health to release stress, but if that activity will involve money buy losing and gaining then it will already called gambling because you gamble things with unpredictable result, eventhough you lost the money but still the fun and excitement is there and the only way that it will be recognize is that it should be accepted and legalized by the government.

Yup! I agree gambling can not become a part of a recreational activity that makes you unwind and let your stress out, it is sometimes cause the stress of someone because money is involve in gambling it makes people stressed out when all his money have lost because of it, well you can do this by simply not putting any money involve in a game of bet, I think just a friendly game of poker without involving any amount on it can sure be fun with friends.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
The main concern about gambling is that it leads people to the addiction. So it's not healthy for us, being impossible to be considered a recreational activity that is endorsed by the society. It's not necessary to see gambling as a recreational activity, however it's not necessary to see gambling as an evil thing that leads people to their ruin, as it can be a powerful tool to boost countries and people's economy.
all things that can gain fun and entertainment is good for everyone's mental health to release stress, but if that activity will involve money buy losing and gaining then it will already called gambling because you gamble things with unpredictable result, eventhough you lost the money but still the fun and excitement is there and the only way that it will be recognize is that it should be accepted and legalized by the government.
Pages:
Jump to: