Pages:
Author

Topic: How cold can you run an Antminer (STRESSTEST) - page 2. (Read 2735 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I guess the fan is running at 600rpms, that's y the high temp

Too bad that he doesn't want to push it to the limit! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
That's pretty cool.  I'm surprised they aren't running a little cooler than that.  Thought I heard you say in the vid that they are at around 35&40.

Activity: 882
Where am I?
I think the true test would be to leave it off and let it get to -40F then try to start it.

As of now I would think it would self warm itself.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I don't want to freeze it haha

I would LOVE to have more in the garage. I cant afford it unfortunately.

I purchased an S5 but even though the S1 is running great I'll need to test it for a long time before I risk putting another out there.  If something were to happen I'd be pretty much out of mining at that point.

I do have a linksys router that's been out there Running DDWRT with the antenna CRANKED and its survived several summers and winters here as well.
Activity: 742
Pull the blue wire from the fan connector and have the fan at full blast. Then try more overclock! Grin

You should have put an s3+, s5 and sp20 there, to make a versus between all of them Cheesy
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Here's a video I have made of my Antminer out in the Canadian winter.

It will hit -40 for a few weeks usually. That is where Celsius and Fahrenheit sync up.

Last few weeks have been -25ish in the evenings and add wind  so converted that is -13 to -20F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7HtmNOA5Y

Pages:
Jump to: