Pages:
Author

Topic: How could futures impact bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 602 times)

Activity: 572
Merit: 250
December 20, 2017, 04:41:51 AM
If futures get bigger in the future I would expect big swings just like we've seen recently. It's only going to make things even more speculative than they already are right now.
This would happen but it takes time. It would be better if you say such will happen in far future. Recently as the prices just got wings and they were touching the skies within a day or two, believe me such charisma will be happening sooner or later. But yes there is one guarantee about bitcoins they will be increasing like anything and nothing can stop them from going to moon.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 16, 2017, 03:46:09 PM

People are investing in Bitcoin because of its increasing prices and it's increasing because people know that the world is turning digital. So online currencies can prevail over paper currencies. This is me main reason why Bitcoin is in the headlines and the countries are in a dilemma .

Currently it's more the fear of missing out that plays an important role as to why people buy themselves into Bitcoin. Fiat related infrastructure in digital form has been progressing as well, where at this point it offers an ultimate form of convenience, instant payments, insurance over your purchases, instant cash back possibilities, etc. So it's not like people are rushing into crypto just because the world is getting more digital with the day. At this point it's just a speculative investment opportunity for them that they want to benefit from now Bitcoin is going absolutely nuts. Everywhere you go you'll see and hear people talk about Bitcoin having broken this or that level, which motivates other people to invest as well.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
December 16, 2017, 03:23:01 PM
I don't fully understand the Futures market.
How could futures impact bitcoin and its price?
Because bitcoin greatly affects the digital currency, the government just wants to keep fiat money in place and stay in use. We know the world is now growing and technology is growing rapidly. This makes bitcoin will affect the economic system in the future.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
December 16, 2017, 03:20:07 PM
The futures market will not affect bitcoin  price too mush as there are not  going to invest in bitcoin but using it like gold futures , will definitely going to give bitcoin a little leverage. One thing that I think this future market is going to help stabilize bitcoin price from this high volatility we are experiencing now.  The fluctuations in price is too high  and though we need this as an investors but it is not good for adoption.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
December 16, 2017, 03:07:26 PM

Dude , you should understand this simple thing! People are investing in Bitcoin because of its increasing prices and it's increasing because people know that the world is turning digital. So online currencies can prevail over paper currencies. This is me main reason why Bitcoin is in the headlines and the countries are in a dilemma .
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
December 16, 2017, 12:49:28 PM
It's just way to loos your money if BTC will fall down
The opposite is true.
People could benefit from bitcoin going down, which means that it may cause the price to go down because some strong players may want to benefit from that.

I think that the price of bitcoin is maybe going to suffer from a dip as some whales who are interested to have huge profits may short bitcoin and then sell a large load of bitcoins and they will also profit from selling bitcoins at a high price and then profit from the shorts.
They can later rebuy bitcoin for a low price as they will enable panic selling.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
December 16, 2017, 12:34:43 PM
I am expecting for more pumps for all of us, bitcoiners, to have a brighter future. Transactions here in tge cryptocurrency world is much better in real life, because here all transactions are fast, and anonymous.
It will happen for bitcoin price continously pump in the coming future. The futures impact bitcoin is the transaction fees that most users are using bitcoin in terms of what you said fast and hassle free.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
December 16, 2017, 12:21:19 PM
I am expecting for more pumps for all of us, bitcoiners, to have a brighter future. Transactions here in tge cryptocurrency world is much better in real life, because here all transactions are fast, and anonymous.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
December 16, 2017, 12:18:19 PM
Bitcoin futures by top companies will help make bitcoin go mainstream and also boost the bitcoin price as well.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
I forgot to add that there was also a link in that article to this
https://medium.com/swlh/the-5-minute-guide-to-bitcoin-futures-804a4935b583

Also worth a read.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 16, 2017, 12:14:56 PM

the impact of bitcoin we can use money more easily when buying something goods without issuing banknotes because only with smartphones we can use the balance bitcoin connected in our smartphone and we can get the goods we want.
We can easily buy things we want as easy as buying though cash, but the impact is bitcoin will have a high fee for every transaction as bitcoin price increases. With that other persons will just hold it instead of using it for investing, with that bitcoin will truly get high more that we are expecting, and we can't afford anymore to buy it.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 12:03:26 PM
There would be a dual market, futures and Bitcoin market, might be interdependent or independent. Cash-settled Bitcoin futures would allow Bitcoin skeptics/institutional investors to bet against Bitcoin without even buying it or there is a possibility that these investors will want to suppress the price so they can buy Bitcoin at a discount, either way this would lead to a new price discovery mechanism.

Just read an article on, will the futures market do to Bitcoin what it did to gold?

1: The velocity of information is orders of magnitude faster — I doubt most market participants in 1975 even knew that gold futures were a thing.

2: The Demand to hold Bitcoin is one of the highest of any assets ever — Bitcoiners have learned to buy the dip and hodl.

3: Bitcoin has more competitors than gold.

https://medium.com/swlh/will-the-futures-market-do-to-bitcoin-what-it-did-to-gold-b7d35704641

Interesting article.
Activity: 364
December 16, 2017, 10:59:29 AM

the impact of bitcoin we can use money more easily when buying something goods without issuing banknotes because only with smartphones we can use the balance bitcoin connected in our smartphone and we can get the goods we want.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
December 16, 2017, 10:43:30 AM
I guess the impact will be the BIG CHANGE.
Why.? Change in every business payment. Change in everything involves in money. Change is everywhere. Schools payment, pair, payphone, foods, dress, food chains, sports, markets, hospitals, every payment.
It will be a revolution of CHANGE. The world of crypto is coming soon. just watch and listen. The BIG CHANGE is soon. Btc is coming to change the world. Be ready and alert. Change is the impact.
Activity: 352
December 16, 2017, 08:54:11 AM
Futures impact in bitcoin? If you buy today and just hold it for a year i think your future will become a better future, i know bitcoin will be increase more than a year so its better to hold now.
Yes I think if you want to see how your future will be and bitcoins would impact on your future life, then surely you need to hold bitcoins and see after a year. This will give you results of a near future and just relate it to some extra years of holding.

Bitcoins are so incredible that they don’t take much time to change a person’s life if he is willing to consider a turn in his financial health.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
December 15, 2017, 11:43:12 PM
If futures get bigger in the future I would expect big swings just like we've seen recently. It's only going to make things even more speculative than they already are right now.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
December 15, 2017, 11:41:03 PM
Currently they don't have almost any impact. I just read a article with possible explanation:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/12/15/bitcoin-futures-are-about-to-get-another-big-boost.html

In short:

"Here's the bad news: volume in the Cboe contract has been very small. On average, roughly $60 million in notional value has traded each day.

In just the last 24 hours, about a half-million bitcoins alone have changed hands. At $17,000 per bitcoin, that is about $8.5 billion.

Get it? $60 million vs. $8.5 billion."

Because most traders/miners/whales are outside US.

But situation can always change, so I'm watching it closely.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 15, 2017, 10:58:35 PM
The main thing that can impact bitcoins is the demand for it, if the demand reduces then bitcoins might become obsolete,apart from that government policies and regulation can aslo impact bitcoins, if government decides to impose taxes on bitcoins, this could hugely impact the future of bitcoins
Yes that's true, but I do not think the government can easily block Bitcoin. That's the same as we try to block various sites on the internet. There will always be loopholes and will always appear new sites. People will always find ways to get what they want. In my opinion, in the future there will be many people who are looking for Bitcoin. That will affect and increase the price of Bitcoin. The more people look for Bitcoin, the more Bitcoins will become scarce. And also, there will be many people who become rich because it already has Bitcoin, including me hahaha.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
December 15, 2017, 10:36:20 PM
This derivatives is only to be paid in cash and it'll affect the price is institutional buyers would love to influence the price on their own, and this could be a big deal later on.

Wrong. To influence the price of BTC, the institutional traders, not just buyers because they also sell, would have to buy real BTC. This is counterproductive if they also trade BTC futures. The futures market is maybe only good as a hedge to lessen risk for institutional investors who already hold BTC.

What do you mean by real BTC? there is no fake BITCOIN, lol, only real ones exist. The market of the cryptocurrencies and the market that we have in the real world is going to adopt bitcoin for sure in the near future, once they have realized what bitcoin really could do and what it could help them to make this society develop into something better, bitcoin is the future.

I know you know what I already mean. But if you didnt know trading futures contracts are not the same as holding BTC. Thats why I said REAL BTC because some of our fellow forumites doesnt care about the difference between a futures market and a cryptocurrency market like Poloniex.
Activity: 248
December 15, 2017, 02:45:07 PM
The main thing that can impact bitcoins is the demand for it, if the demand reduces then bitcoins might become obsolete,apart from that government policies and regulation can aslo impact bitcoins, if government decides to impose taxes on bitcoins, this could hugely impact the future of bitcoins
Pages:
Jump to: