Pages:
Author

Topic: How dangerous are email phishing links and youtube and twitter links? - page 2. (Read 215 times)

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
So I seem to receive a lot of those phishing link emails from a fake coinbase or binance or metamask that goes on my spam email.  However, it sometimes still appear on my regular email?  How do spammers do this that the email goes straight to the regular email?  

When spam emails don’t go through spam anymore and they go directly to your inbox, it might be possible that the reason for this is because your email was leaked publicly or you shared it in a website and your email got sold allowing spammers verify your email is yours and so they skip the spam section

Now what about when you can easily click on links posted on twitter by accident?  Since lot of twitter comments you read whether it's crypto or anything else would have people posting links.  If you click on that... is your laptop safe or not?  What about those youtube comments where these bots or hackers post links where it's very easy to accidentally click on?

yes some links present like they are from reputable websites or social media apps this is not only exclusive to social media apps i’ve seen people replicate wallets or exchanges or put up fake websites and asks people to put in their wallet addresses it’s hard to really know which links are sent out by scammers and which ones are not so it’s better to be always safe and don’t just be reckless
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
Let's talk about security, and you want to know how far security measures go, right? Isn't that something kind of secretive that not everyone knows until they experience it?

Some people say that up to a certain point, you're still safe. But the truth is, with every advancement in hacking, they're finding new ways and making us feel secure when we're actually not. We don't know how much those links can threaten our security until we face losses from what they target. So instead of trying to figure out how far the safe point is, it's better not to go further if there are any suspicious signs of potential harmful breaches.

It's okay to seek information, but if it risks the security of our valuable assets, that's not a wise move. Always secure your assets first. If you want to know about the many scams in the world, just wait for someone to share their story on social media.

It's true, being cautious is normal, but measuring and risking your own assets still isn't a wise way to go about it. My advice is, don't take that extra step to test how strong your security is.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
Now does this differ if you are using an iphone phone?  When watching videos on youtube, obviously very easy to click on comments and things like that.  I assume it's fine?  However, could you get malware on your iphone though so your email or online banking can get comprommised?  What about clicking the same things on twitter on the phone?  Any difference?

From what I read, I believe if you click clicks on twitter or youtube comments or anything, if they put malware or keylogger, then you are screwed if you have a software wallet on your laptop?  The reason being if your trust wallet or electrum on the laptop has a password you put to open it... well they going to know what it is when you enter it due to keylogging right?  And even if you don't have a password for that, well they can get in the same way?  So basically they would wait until you turn off the computer and then just log into your software trust wallet or electrum wallet to hack it.  Is that correct?  But if you don't have a software wallet... well are you safe or not?  If you use 2FA for coinbase and binance, are you safe or not?  

Now if you click on any of these links, can an antivirus scan your computer and confirm 100% there is no malware or virus or keylogger or no antivirus does that?  Thus I'm talking about kaspersky total or norton or bitdefender.  So if you ever click on any of these links by mistake, do a full scan and remove anything that it finds correct?  The thing is I know many people click on links because they get phished thinking it's the real coinbase or whatnot but many times you can easily click on it by mistake especially when it comes to youtube and twitter.  You could be watching a cooking video even on youtube and a comment could be talking about crypto or someone posting a cooking link and well it's malware right?
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
So I seem to receive a lot of those phishing link emails from a fake coinbase or binance or metamask that goes on my spam email.  However, it sometimes still appear on my regular email?  How do spammers do this that the email goes straight to the regular email?  I know most of these emails tell you to click on a link and to connect to your wallet or ask you to enter your seed phrase.

Now if you click on any of these links on your computer but just close the window, is your computer still safe or not?  I heard very mixed opinions from people on this from it's fine as long as you don't enter anything.  But I then heard people say their software wallet got hacked after that.  So which is true here?  That would mean it's possible just clicking that link could mean you have that address paste malware right where when you copy a btc address with your hardware wallet or coinbase or some site, it would then copy the hacker's btc address?  So you have to make sure you confirm it first before sending right?  So that means a hacker wouldn't be able to click send for you in coinbase then after you paste their btc address?  Now they can't do that with the hardware wallet since you have to click buttons on it.  But couldn't they put malware and basically get into your coinbase or binance account anytime since you are either typing or pasting your coinbase or binance password each time?  But if you use 2FA, it doesn't work then and they need access to that?  I heard they could still do it.  Couldn't they just after you log in... notice you haven't use your mouse in a while and then quickly move your mouse remotely on their laptop to withdraw the btc?  Obviously doing that while you are moving your mouse would cause suspicion.  Thoughts on this part?

Now what about when you can easily click on links posted on twitter by accident?  Since lot of twitter comments you read whether it's crypto or anything else would have people posting links.  If you click on that... is your laptop safe or not?  What about those youtube comments where these bots or hackers post links where it's very easy to accidentally click on?  If you have a software wallet in your computer, can you get your wallet hacked like trust wallet or electrum or exodus?  I always heard if you open an exe file, then you are screwed.  But as long as no program opens on the computer, you are generally fine?  But I did recall someone say they can open an exe file open without you knowing... is that true?  

Pages:
Jump to: