Pages:
Author

Topic: How did Bitcoin Spread ? - page 3. (Read 2846 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 06, 2016, 11:26:52 AM
bitcoin spread by media but the more important way is when bitcoin spread by people who trust in bitcoin then they will tell to their friend,family,neighbour,etc.
This is actually how bitcoin continues to spread today. Word of mouth is always the best advertisement any product could have
As for bitcoins and its value, I wish I could go back in time to buy bitcoin in a cheaper price haha
Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
April 06, 2016, 11:12:52 AM
I think bitcoin spread through users who were already a part of the growing technology. As we people came through our friends or people next to us. I haven't seen bitcoin spread through some form of advertising or something else.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
April 06, 2016, 08:00:50 AM
I think I first heard about Bitcoin back in late 2012 while browsing another forum. It didn't catch my attention because I assumed it was some kind of a technological project for computer geeks or something and there was no real use for the thing and oh boy was I totally wrong. I wish as I was an early adopter but it's my fault for being ignorant and now we are scrambling for peanuts while back then you could have thousands of coins haha.

everyone does have this kind of story for sure, i was not interested because it was not worth it and more over i thought it was one big scam sharing power and resources, as they could do anything with the kind of resources they are having, and with the main man in the project anonymous, what more you should expect. later on i found i was mistaken by that time, you couldnt catch this train.  Smiley

Sorry for me. I known the bitcoin in 2015 i think if i know bitcoin back then im rich today. Back in the topic bitcoin is spread by word by mouth and social media promoting it was catch many attention cause they see many oeople earn a lot in bitcoin and this coin is easy to transfer and do transaction.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 06, 2016, 07:17:47 AM
Well, i actually have no idea about it, but i guess it must have spread slowly first of all as when satoshi created it he must have shared the idea with some people, and later those people must have talked about it somewhere else, and just like that it started spreading and today we can see thousands of people around the world using it.
Activity: 98
April 06, 2016, 07:02:27 AM
I think I first heard about Bitcoin back in late 2012 while browsing another forum. It didn't catch my attention because I assumed it was some kind of a technological project for computer geeks or something and there was no real use for the thing and oh boy was I totally wrong. I wish as I was an early adopter but it's my fault for being ignorant and now we are scrambling for peanuts while back then you could have thousands of coins haha.

everyone does have this kind of story for sure, i was not interested because it was not worth it and more over i thought it was one big scam sharing power and resources, as they could do anything with the kind of resources they are having, and with the main man in the project anonymous, what more you should expect. later on i found i was mistaken by that time, you couldnt catch this train.  Smiley
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
April 06, 2016, 04:11:29 AM
bitcoin spread by media but the more important way is when bitcoin spread by people who trust in bitcoin then they will tell to their friend,family,neighbour,etc.
that is how bitcoin spread nowdays,spread by media,people who care about bitcoin and then they make promotion without paid by everyone,introduce on college and office,its many way to sprread bitcoin,also people try to spread bitcoin to their family. but i wonder how the first time media know about bitcoin,even satoshi nakamoto known as bitcoin founder,but i dont see any history how he report bitcoin to media.
Activity: 518
April 05, 2016, 06:51:53 PM
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
April 05, 2016, 06:05:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.
April 05, 2016, 12:09:54 PM
my czn told me about bitcoin.
he told me that he is earning money with a deferent way. there is a new currency available on the web which name is bitcoin. and people getting rich with it.
I got enter in bitcoin, I register in this forum, and that's it.
I don't know about others
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
April 05, 2016, 11:45:01 AM
People mainly started to get interested in it at that time because there was some money to be made. People then were mining with their notebooks and PC's to generate a few hundred coins per day in some cases. After that it was spreading like a bacteria. Especially once the media was covering Bitcoin. And at that time the media wasn't that negative at all. Long story short, the main motive for people was money. It probably still is for 90% of the people nowadays.
Activity: 84
April 05, 2016, 11:43:38 AM
as far as i know it first spread in the deep web, then after assuring the stability and how clean the transactions were, it spread using social media, forums, 4chans, and advertisements
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
April 05, 2016, 11:39:57 AM
I think some faucets in the beginning, helped to spread the FREE coins to people and via word of mouth, people started to investigate. The pizza thing was just news back then, when people realized

that Bitcoin could actually have some value, if it was used to buy every day things... like food. The additional attention came, when those coins were extrapolated to the increased price, when it

already became popular and people saw the NEW much higher price.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 672
April 05, 2016, 11:20:43 AM
writing many articles and creating so blogs and websites about Bitcoin could help to spread the Bitcoin in my opinion
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2016, 10:56:39 AM
I guess it was from people who have very much of the network. may he make advertising that could quickly spread, and I believe bitcoin used to gamble and trading at the time. and I sure need a lot of people to spread the bitcoin to be used
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
April 05, 2016, 10:31:22 AM
I know that Satoshi created the first cryptocurrency - Bitcoin. But how did the world came to know about it ? How did miners came to know about it and how the common people started to use it ? There was no such term as cryptocurrency at that time.
I got to know about bitcoin from another forum, bitcoin is spread through social media,forums,folks etc.. there were only few promoters back when it started, slowly bitcoin adoption grew as well  supporters and bitcoin is now promote everywhere lol.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 505
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
April 05, 2016, 10:20:35 AM
I think it was the cryptography forum and this forum.

Initially it was only Satoshi and Hal, and perhaps a few others who were interested in cryptography and cryptocurrency. The very first versions were full of bugs and through working with the enthusiasts the codes improved significantly.

And also it was spread by using social media and promote it to get the attention people in cyberworld althoug it was unknown before and luckily who attracted to it om thos pass years are rich by now.
Activity: 552
April 05, 2016, 10:19:12 AM

Initially it was only Satoshi and Hal, and perhaps a few others who were interested in cryptography and cryptocurrency. The very first versions were full of bugs and through working with the enthusiasts the codes improved significantly.

I think at that time people were focus on how to get the protocol/software to work and how to perfect it. Nowadays, the focus is more on "how to get rich with bitcoin?" or "how am I going to benefit from it?". I really hope the spirits of the initial group will come back.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
April 05, 2016, 10:16:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
April 05, 2016, 10:11:19 AM
I know that Satoshi created the first cryptocurrency - Bitcoin. But how did the world came to know about it ? How did miners came to know about it and how the common people started to use it ? There was no such term as cryptocurrency at that time.
i guess satoshi create bitcoin with some people work together him,even satoshi not publish bitcoin directly,i guess some of his team work talk about this new crypto currency to other people,and then media hear it,and you know if media has got news,they spread it around the world.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
April 05, 2016, 09:11:19 AM
I herd the first ever bitcoin transaction was for a pizza dont know how true it is though

No, it's not the first transaction ever. It was the most famous transaction the everyone should now, because the guy sent 10,000BTC just for a pizza.
You can read the story here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pizza-for-bitcoins-137
Pages:
Jump to: