Pages:
Author

Topic: How did Satoshi Advertise Bitcoin ?? - page 2. (Read 1410 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 02, 2017, 12:44:15 PM
Some groups and websites started accepting bitcoin at the start, like wikileaks which started accepting bitcoin as donations, there is also the infamous silk road deepweb site that sold all kinds of drugs and started accepting bitcoins. A lot of other criminals and criminal organizations started using it until today, a big part of bitcoin success is definitely thanks to criminals and even terrorists.
There was a time when Bitcoin and WikiLeaks helped each other to survive. WikiLeaks started accepting bitcoin in June 2011.
Satoshi personally ask Julian Assange to wait a bit to allow bitcoin more time to mature and establish itself as an alternative method of payment.
Bitcoin is the reason WikiLeaks is still alive today, as BTC allowed donations even despite global banking blockade.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
June 02, 2017, 12:36:11 PM
Aside from the ideas suggested above, I read somewhere that Satoshi Nakamoto also introduce Bitcoin and its technicalities to a certain mailing list though I am sure if he own that list or somebody else's. I am also sure that he has a closed group at that time and Bitcoin was also explained to them before it caught fire in the outside world. Of course, all of these things can be speculations.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 02, 2017, 12:29:28 PM
Why bitcoin need any type of advertisement at all in starting days? Satoshi and few other who have joined in development were happy to mine as much bitcoin as possible during early days and constantly testing blockchain network. I don't think even satoshi have thought that his creation will be adopted by huge amount of people worldwide. I think he have developed bitcoin for an experiment only.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
June 02, 2017, 12:01:45 PM
I think it was just thorough a mailing list. So it looks like he didn't make any effort to at least advertise what he had investment. It was just pick up from then on by the "masses" who became interested on his work and find it to be valuable. That's how the early adopters embrace bitcoin. And now the rest is history.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
June 02, 2017, 11:46:45 AM
I think this is the first time satoshi have published anything about bitcoin in internet (dated back to 2008) http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2008-October/014810.html

Couldn't find what else he have done to promote bitcoin but I think this forum was also created by him along with bitcoin.org domain.

You can check brief history of bitcoin here http://historyofbitcoin.org/
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
June 02, 2017, 11:46:28 AM
It was mostly through cryptography mailing lists and also some other online forums.
I've found one of his original posts on the p2pfoundation forum, you can check it out here:

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
June 02, 2017, 11:45:33 AM
Back in the days when there was Bitcoin and just Satoshi testing it, how did other early adopters of bitcoins came to know about it? Did he advertise about btc somewhere to attract people's attention to this new technology? How did bitcoin users initially rose from zero to millions ?

He asked advice and testers on message boards and eventually bitcointalk sprung up out of that. I think when it really hit off was when mtgox started trading bitcoin, and more when a pizza got traded for 10000 bitcoins.

Some groups and websites started accepting bitcoin at the start, like wikileaks which started accepting bitcoin as donations, there is also the infamous silk road deepweb site that sold all kinds of drugs and started accepting bitcoins. A lot of other criminals and criminal organizations started using it until today, a big part of bitcoin success is definitely thanks to criminals and even terrorists.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!
June 02, 2017, 11:44:14 AM
Satoshi didn't want a significant amount of publicity as Bitcoin was still in the early stages and it needed healthy, slow growth.

Actually, some of his last posts were on that topic, and IMHO it could have been one reason for him leaving:

It would have been nice to get this attention in any other context.  WikiLeaks has kicked the hornet's nest, and the swarm is headed towards us.

And at this level, Bitcoin basically can't be advertised as it isn't a company.  Individual companies related to Bitcoin advertise Bitcoin as a whole to match their own agenda, but since Bitcoin is decentralised the idea of advertising Bitcoin as a whole would be too costly to whichever group who did it.

When someone creates a great new technology, people find it.  Sometimes too fast.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 02, 2017, 11:39:42 AM
From everything I've read just talking to a few people at conferences and message boards/ email groups/ IRC channels.
There were not really any established forums just a few small groups of people talking on chat and email groups.
Eventually the first whitepaper was published and sent to members of these groups.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
June 02, 2017, 11:35:29 AM
Back in the days when there was Bitcoin and just Satoshi testing it, how did other early adopters of bitcoins came to know about it? Did he advertise about btc somewhere to attract people's attention to this new technology? How did bitcoin users initially rose from zero to millions ?

He asked advice and testers on message boards and eventually bitcointalk sprung up out of that. I think when it really hit off was when mtgox started trading bitcoin, and more when a pizza got traded for 10000 bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
June 02, 2017, 11:34:41 AM
All I can think about on what had Satoshi done to make bitcoin reach the Status right now he is not alone in this, many of his friends share it to other people no advertisement was made so other people will have a knowledge about bitcoin because I think he don't want so much attention and fame about bitcoin, it just reach to a certain level of miners to mine so much bitcoin and then this forum was created for the purpose of leading people that are interested with bitcoin get knowledge and a series of discussion occur in this thread and as you can see a lot has happened right now and the price is at $2000 up.
Activity: 311
Merit: 264
June 02, 2017, 11:25:55 AM
http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/emails/cryptography/1/

Great innovations do not need advertisements. Google, Tesla or Facebook never needed one.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
June 02, 2017, 11:21:34 AM

I don't really remember seeing any adds, all I remember is that he had tested it as a payment gateway, soon more people heard, I believe through oral publicity or references, and then he was here to on this very forum, so maybe he put up threads to make people aware, that's the only way I see that he would have done it, cause how would he be annomoys if he openly advertised it, cause the whole purpose of Bitcoin was not to know who hold it, and I guess this feature also brought many people to use it.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
June 02, 2017, 11:17:42 AM
Pages:
Jump to: