Pages:
Author

Topic: How did they get 1000 merits? - page 2. (Read 672 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
October 14, 2018, 07:22:49 AM
It's quite simple, some hero member got extra merit when the system was introduced, you can see in here theymos mentioning it:

While specific formula is not given, theymos wrote that the initial sMerit is not solely determined by rank, but determined by rank and activity points obtained in the last year.

The exact formula was:

Code:
yearActivity = activity in the last ~year, max 378
freeMerit = the merit (not sMerit) you started with
modifier =
  0.1 if member
  0.2 if full member
  0.25 if sr member
  0.35 if hero
  0.4 if legendary

return (yearActivity/378) * modifier * freeMerit

So the most you could get is if you were a Legendary who maxed out your activity points in the last year, in which case you would get 1 * 0.4 * 1000 = 400 sMerit.

Note that I later made an adjustment giving 500 extra merit to some hero members, but no extra sMerit was given here.

I'll probably publish a dump of the initial sMerit at some point.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 07:21:36 AM
I believe the merit score of any user can only be dated back to the last 120 days and after that it can no longer be traced.
So possibly they gained merits after the airdrop which took place early this year

I believe the merit score of any user can only be dated back to the last 120 days and after that it can no longer be traced.

BPIP allows us to track a full merit history.

I wasn't aware of that. Duely noted now.
Activity: 308
Merit: 280
October 14, 2018, 07:09:53 AM
https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=unluckyhero&a=1

Now shows only those members that have enough merit to rank up, based on how unlucky they are in the activity field.  a=1 only shows active members - remove it for all.

(There are a lot of inactive members)
I was curious to check how many members are waiting to be Legendary. There are 157 hero members with at least 1000 merits. ATM, the highest activity is 1022 by LordPiccolo, and likely to be Legendary in the next activity period if he maintains the activity update requirement.
On the other hand, the minimum activity with 1000 merits is 552 by Rollin.io. I thought s/he achieved those merits. I was curious to see his/her posts. However, in bpip, it shows s/he has not got a single merit.

So, why has he been airdropped 1000 merits?In the same category, there are more 5 persons who have got 1000 airdropped merit with less than 775 activities (Minimum for being Legendary). 4 persons have more than 700 activities which can also be logical.
Can someone explain me, please? I am little curious actually.

Link to the list- https://bpip.org/report.aspx?r=unluckyhero

Thank you Vod for providing us with such interesting information.
Pages:
Jump to: