Pages:
Author

Topic: How did you first hear about Bitcoin and when did you first buy Bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 661 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
How did you first hear about Bitcoin and when did you first buy Bitcoins?

I remember the first time when i saw the price of bitcoin on google while i was looking for websites where i could earn money online, and that price attracted me and as a result today i'm also one of the bitcoin owners, and i never bought bitcoins as i never needed to nor i had any funds for that, i have been earning them since start.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I first got interested in bitcoin when I heard a story a few years ago about a man that bought 5000 bitcoins for only something like $25 and a few years later it was worth about a million dollars.  Of course now 5000 bitcoins would be worth about $3.5 million.

I think that was the guy from Norway. Wasnt that back in 2013 before the price went up to over 1000?

I just found the article in “The Guardian”. Yes it was the man from Norway (Kristoffer Koch). He actually paid $27 for 5000 bitcoin, so if I’m doing my math correctly, that's about half a cent per bitcoin. He must have gotten them in the early days. It says he had forgotten about them.

Did the article say if he sold it?

At the time of the article, those bitcoins were worth $886,000 US dollars. It says that he cashed in some of the bitcoins to buy an apartment.
Activity: 378
I first got interested in bitcoin when I heard a story a few years ago about a man that bought 5000 bitcoins for only something like $25 and a few years later it was worth about a million dollars.  Of course now 5000 bitcoins would be worth about $3.5 million.

I think that was the guy from Norway. Wasnt that back in 2013 before the price went up to over 1000?

I just found the article in “The Guardian”. Yes it was the man from Norway (Kristoffer Koch). He actually paid $27 for 5000 bitcoin, so if I’m doing my math correctly, that's about half a cent per bitcoin. He must have gotten them in the early days. It says he had forgotten about them.

Did the article say if he sold it?

Activity: 378

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
How did you first hear about Bitcoin and when did you first buy Bitcoins?
Pages:
Jump to: