Pages:
Author

Topic: How did you get scammed? - page 3. (Read 710 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 102
May 02, 2019, 04:54:11 PM
I got scam when i'm newbie here in crypto in the girl that i chat in telegram first she teach me how cryptocurrency works and actually i learn a lot from that then after that i believe in all things that she told to me like i invest in bitcoin and altcoin then i really earn in that

Then she told me again after a few months to invest or risk some in gambling site but i don't know that so she bet for me then run my 0.01 btc only so i learn how scam works on every users here like in this experience
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
May 02, 2019, 01:34:28 PM
So how you get duped? I will like to learn reasons from you.
I never scammed because every time I carefully in every step when I have something to deal with especially in cryptocurrency transactions.
But here is I can share you when I was almost fooled in telegram users that want me to withdraw his bitcoin on that he said exchange. He said to me that in their country he can't able to withdraw due to crypto banned. I make an account on an exchange he said and he transfers his bitcoin(3 bitcoin) to my account through my email address used. But, when I was withdrawing it, the site asking me to deposit first before I can withdraw the fund for 0.1 bitcoin. I was confused and doubted at that time, then, I contacted my friend who expert on looking legit website he concludes that the exchange I used is copycat and fake exchange.

A lesson to learned: Never been trust those in people in the telegram, a lot of scammers out there.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
May 02, 2019, 11:18:38 AM
Never trust anyone who create an account and then start talking about their personal life problem and ask for loan.
Never trust a green trusted member as well and help him without securing your asset first.

I was never scammed but once I was blown away by a newbie's kindness. I helped him without any expectation but the guy kept his word that he said. Check the trust feedback I sent to that user.

patrickrandy 2019-03-02 0.01806475 Reference Blown away by the users kindness. Read full feedback here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49987683
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
May 02, 2019, 11:10:00 AM
I have not actually been scammed in terms of fiat or bitcoin but I will say it is also a scam when after labouring on bounty, you don't get coin distributed to you or developers close up outfit and run off. This is scam for my thinking.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
May 02, 2019, 09:45:39 AM
I read lot of story of users got scammed. Despite several warning and negative feedback to scammer ,still user got scammed.

I like to know what assumption/stupidity did you did, that  get you  scammed.

For ex below are the assumption:
1. Nobody is here to scam.
2. User must be speaking truth so I should believe him.

For ex below are the stupidity:
1. I can send first to a newbie without escrow.

Sometimes there is complexity.

1. User urged it is very limited time deal (like an hour) so you are not able check facts/use escrow and get duped.

So how you get duped? I will like to learn reasons from you.
Pages:
Jump to: