Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I buy illiquid tokens? - page 2. (Read 242 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
February 08, 2024, 08:29:47 PM
Thank you for the link. Didn't know that such aggregators existed.

https://www.geckoterminal.com/bsc/pools/0xf8be5ba820e07c0c70b88327f921e61b86cf4eeb

Here is another token that just I tried swapping on swap.defillama but I got the message "Insufficient balance"...
This one isn't on uniswap btw.

P.S: I made a rabby wallet and I sent 6 USDC. I connected the dapp to swap.defillama . For some reason, swap.defillama shows I have 0 USDC but my rabby wallet shows I have 6 USDC.

1. Are you sure you switch to the correct network which is BSC, not the default Ethereum network?

2. Are you trying to trade the right token? Paste the AIX token address to DefiLlama(0x227cdd74d0831f6a5813691eff43d664b4b99450).
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
February 08, 2024, 07:25:29 PM
I tried to buy in the slowest way possible (e.g. 1USD despite the token having a market cap of around 10 Million USD). I failed.

I just checked some tokens on coingecko. They are green but for some reason whenever I try to buy the tokens on uniswap, I get the message "Insufficient liquidity". I even messaged support and they told me there wasn't liquidity. They stated afterwards that it is always possible to buy illiquid tokens. They did'nt tell me how I can do that however...

Are you 100% sure that liquidity is actually on Uniswap? There are instances where the project team deploys liquidity on other platforms instead like Balancer etc. Mind linking the CoinGecko page of the token you're planning on buying?

Also, use aggregators. https://swap.defillama.com/

Thank you for the link. Didn't know that such aggregators existed.

https://www.geckoterminal.com/bsc/pools/0xf8be5ba820e07c0c70b88327f921e61b86cf4eeb

Here is another token that just I tried swapping on swap.defillama but I got the message "Insufficient balance"...
This one isn't on uniswap btw.

P.S: I made a rabby wallet and I sent 6 USDC. I connected the dapp to swap.defillama . For some reason, swap.defillama shows I have 0 USDC but my rabby wallet shows I have 6 USDC.
mk4
legendary
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
February 08, 2024, 12:20:07 PM
I tried to buy in the slowest way possible (e.g. 1USD despite the token having a market cap of around 10 Million USD). I failed.

I just checked some tokens on coingecko. They are green but for some reason whenever I try to buy the tokens on uniswap, I get the message "Insufficient liquidity". I even messaged support and they told me there wasn't liquidity. They stated afterwards that it is always possible to buy illiquid tokens. They did'nt tell me how I can do that however...

Are you 100% sure that liquidity is actually on Uniswap? There are instances where the project team deploys liquidity on other platforms instead like Balancer etc. Mind linking the CoinGecko page of the token you're planning on buying?

Also, use aggregators. https://swap.defillama.com/
February 08, 2024, 07:08:57 AM
If the only platforms the token is listed on are DEXs like Uniswap, your only option is to buy slowly. With every swap, you can see on the interface how much price impact you'll be making. As much as possible, keep the price impact as low as you can while keeping the buy viable considering fees.

You can check the token's CoinGecko page to see how liquid/illiquid it is so you can plan your buys better.

mk4
legendary
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
February 08, 2024, 12:16:35 AM
If the only platforms the token is listed on are DEXs like Uniswap, your only option is to buy slowly. With every swap, you can see on the interface how much price impact you'll be making. As much as possible, keep the price impact as low as you can while keeping the buy viable considering fees.

You can check the token's CoinGecko page to see how liquid/illiquid it is so you can plan your buys better.
February 07, 2024, 09:27:42 PM
Hello,

I tried to buy many tokens on uniswap but it turned out most of them are illiquid.

It looks like illiquid tokens can always be bought but there might be problems with selling them later.

So I'd like to ask: How can I always buy illiquid tokens that aren't listed on exchanges? Is it possible on uniswap or do I have to change platform? I don't mind waiting hours to get my order filled btw.

P.S: I understand the risks well. And so if I'd ever do it, I will know how to manage my risk...

Thank you!

Pages:
Jump to: