Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I check the blockhain? - page 2. (Read 289 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 137
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 05, 2023, 02:48:03 PM
Hello, when I make a transaction, sending or receiving, is it recomended to check if it's valid on the blockchain?
How do I do it?
Running my own node helps checking it? Thank you

You really don't need to double check all the stuff going in and out of your wallet. Especially after it's confirmed - that data gets stored on the blockchain so your wallet grabs it from there anyway.  Kinda pointless to keep rechecking. 

But say something seems weird or you just wanna peek at the details on an independent blockchain explorer site.  Those sites can get your IP address and other private stuff then pass it to who knows who and  better to cover your tracks. So I'd say throw on a VPN or use Tor if you're worried about that.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
December 05, 2023, 02:15:34 PM
Hello, when I make a transaction, sending or receiving, is it recomended to check if it's valid on the blockchain?
It is not necessary if it is not a paper wallet. So far you have access to your wallet and you can check the transaction directly on the wallet.

How do I do it?
If you paste the txid of the transaction on a blockchain explorer, you will see the details.

Example of explorer is https://blockchair.com

If you do not want to depend on other nodes, you have to run your own node. This can help you have privacy. This is not related to your question about transaction.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
December 05, 2023, 01:58:50 PM
How do I do it?

As mentioned above, you can do it with a block explorer but whatever wallet software you're currently using should give you the number of confirmations, and also link you to the block explorer directly, whenever you receive or send funds.
Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 05, 2023, 01:52:06 PM
How do I do it?

Yes I will recommended to verify the status of your transactions on the blockchain. It will ensure your transaction validity and completion of your transaction. You can do this task just by checking the transaction details on a any blockchain explorer

If you are running your own node then its provide more decentralized  way to verify your transactions. When you run a node, you validate transactions without relying on third-party services. In node you just have to connect wallet with node and here you could check transaction here with full privacy.

As a normal user , I will recommend sample site (Blockchain.com) which is easy to check but if you have good knowledge of node then go for advance transaction checking
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
December 05, 2023, 01:49:29 PM
You don't need to run a node to be able to check or monitor your transaction status on the Blockchain.you can make use of
Activity: 10
Merit: 2
December 05, 2023, 01:46:57 PM
How do I do it?
Pages:
Jump to: