Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I generate Bitcoin addresses on my website? $$ - page 2. (Read 2520 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
It kinda depends what you want the address for..

Kseistrup mentioned bitaddress, but that will generate the address clientside with javascript. That might be ok, but it's no good for generating payment addresses because the client can get the private key.

Kiwi17 recommended installing bitcoind, this might be a bit overkill for just generating addresses.

If you just want to generate addresses so that people can pay you, the best option would be to use a serverside script like "PHPCoinAddress". That generates addresses for almost all coins, so just rip out the code for the coins you don't need and you're ready to go. You might want to build on it a bit to generate QR codes, but there are loads of scripts for that on github.
https://github.com/zamgo/PHPCoinAddress
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Or, you can install bitcoind on the server and:
echo exec("bitcoind getnewaddress");
?>
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Unselfish actions pay back better
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
I need an address for me to receive coins to be generated and displayed when a user clicks a button. That's it. I don't need QR codes or any fancy stuff. What's the easiest way to do so (with code examples, since I'm quite clueless)?

Will tip btc.
Pages:
Jump to: