Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I keep my cryptocurrency safe? - page 3. (Read 1367 times)

Activity: 1081
Merit: 309
I love technology.
March 19, 2018, 03:07:30 PM
I think it will  help all the beginners to improve there security in crytocurrencies..............

The safest way to store your airdrops are hardware & cold storage wallets. These wallets store your coins offline, and therefore protect them from being hacked. There are a number of hardware wallets available. We would advise to use the Ledger Wallet Nano S or Trezor.

Not all cryptocurrency can be stored in hardware wallets. We advise you to store your crypto in wallets where you control your private keys. You don't want your free crypto to be stolen!

To avoid scams we have a few general rules:

Never give your private keys!
    Use 2 Factor Authenticator on your wallets
    Be careful downloading wallets of smaller projects
    Never click on links redirecting to wallets
    Don’t use your main email address to apply for airdrops
    Don’t re-use your passwords when you register on a website
    Don’t send small amounts of crypto to receive your airdrop

Here is an updated list of available hardware wallets. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hardware-wallets-3066531

Rule of thumb if you want to be super safe. Keep everything off line and never talk about it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 19, 2018, 09:37:42 AM
Any crypto coin is owned by the individual/entity is they are holding the private key of the same so it is necessary to keep private key under our own control without sharing it with others including web wallets/exchanges etc. One can use securely generated paper wallet or reputed hardware wallet to store funds offline to prevent it from unauthorized access.
Activity: 364
Merit: 117
March 19, 2018, 05:55:16 AM
I highly highly recommend the Ledger Nano S Hardware wallet. It holds up to 5 different cryptocurrency slots, swap in/out with over 20 cryptos without losing anything, and it's the most secure cold storage hardware wallet solution on the market right now. Never had a problem with it, works flawlessly.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
March 19, 2018, 01:44:25 AM

General rules are one thing, second is to avoid proactive'ly.
The more you know about whole "computer world" the less likely you will get scammed.
Learn, learn and one more time learn. That have biggest chance to keep you safe.
Even computer experts are hacked, but its 0,01% chance compared to average person.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
March 18, 2018, 07:46:35 PM
In addition to the methods you mentioned, you can also spread your investments in multiple exchanges to remain safe. In case one exchange is hacked, your investment in other ones will be safe.
A loss is still a loss to me though, it'd be better to store your coins/tokens/altcoins on a Desktop wallet.
Only send amount that you are going to trade, otherwise keep it inside.

Never download/install anything suspicious to add to the list
Activity: 36
Merit: 14
March 18, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
I think it will  help all the beginners to improve there security in crytocurrencies..............

The safest way to store your airdrops are hardware & cold storage wallets. These wallets store your coins offline, and therefore protect them from being hacked. There are a number of hardware wallets available. We would advise to use the Ledger Wallet Nano S or Trezor.

Not all cryptocurrency can be stored in hardware wallets. We advise you to store your crypto in wallets where you control your private keys. You don't want your free crypto to be stolen!

Never give your private keys!
    Use 2 Factor Authenticator on your wallets
    Be careful downloading wallets of smaller projects
    Never click on links redirecting to wallets
    Don’t re-use your passwords when you register on a website
    Don’t send small amounts of crypto to receive your airdrop

In addition to the methods you mentioned, you can also spread your investments in multiple exchanges to remain safe. In case one exchange is hacked, your investment in other ones will be safe.
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
Help the needy, do the little things others ignore
March 18, 2018, 08:16:59 AM
For those staying in countries that a nano ledger or hard wallet isn't readily available, the best practise is to be highly security conscious.

I cannot over stress the importance of 2fa.

Also, we shouldn't forget to backup, your Cryptos can be safe but inaccessible because you forgot to backup.
Activity: 126
Merit: 7
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
March 18, 2018, 06:50:42 AM
I think it will  help all the beginners to improve there security in crytocurrencies..............

Never give your private keys! beware of it
    Use 2 Factor Authenticator on your wallets. it safest way to protect
    Be careful downloading wallets of smaller projects. (make sure every thing or double check it)
    Never click on links redirecting to wallets .............. its very dangerous
  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: