Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I know if my BTC address is compromised? - page 2. (Read 725 times)

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
Why would you care about an empty address getting compromised ? You won't be able to know who have  your private keys unless the address has balance which is in this case ... the hacker will take the funds so you will know .
The strategy you used isn't the best, though , It's only going to increase the chances of you getting hacked and you will have to check every device if it contains viruses or something.

What I would do is print the private keys on a piece of paper (two copies max) and store them very well in two different places where no one can reach them.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
My current address (1PandaF1XZ5MvJ49RjLUHouQcCrgBCvcpC) has no balance in it and I'm not planning to fund it right now.

How do I know if the privkey is already compromised? I think I scattered my private key on my old PC, my external drive, my old phone, my current phone, some encrypted online storage, and an old flash drive of mine. I can't really track them all down and delete them since I'm not sure where each and every one is.
Pages:
Jump to: