Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I make sure to not lose $ value in BTC? - page 4. (Read 1971 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 103
make sure that you know when to quit using your bitcoin or not, what i think is if you value how much it costs you also know when to buy low and sell high, think of it as an investment if you know bitcoin will go up in the coming week, you won't loose, since the value in dollar will also rise, but if if your intuition tells otherwise, do some research and try to see it on an investor's perspective, that will surely help a lot.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
From time to time, I get paid in BTC for my freelancing services. Sometimes, I don't exchange it to real cash and let BTC sit in the wallet. But lately there has been A LOT of fluctuation in BTC price so if I have, let's say.

If the payment you receive also different, if the price is
high, you get paid with 0.2 BTC for example, and if the price goes down you get paid 0.3 BTC. If that's the case, the best way is to save the btc you received when the price went down, and find the right time to sell the other. Of course the choice to keep it in the long term is a wise choice. Make a list of btc you received in detail, so it's easy for you to manage it.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Is there a way? Any suggestions?

Yeah , exchange them to fiat. End of drama.

Sounds like what you really want is tether, its a digital currency that runs on the blockchain fixed to the US$.
That is the only way to guarantee you have the same value later on as what you put in or received.

That is a one way trip to getting scammed.
Nothing guarantees the value of that scamcoin.
They just dumped it on fools at a 1$ price and let's see how it will do if in two months you will try to get it back.

Wait for them to fill in their bags and you'll see how it will unfold.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Sounds like what you really want is tether, its a digital currency that runs on the blockchain fixed to the US$.

That is the only way to guarantee you have the same value later on as what you put in or received.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
Yep, that's the problem with getting paid in BTC.  People are always wondering how to earn it directly, but the volatility is a huge drawback.  If you're using it to pay your bills and such, you ought to convert it to fiat as soon as is feasible. 

If you think bitcoin is going to keep going up and don't need it immediately, just hold it.  I don't know of anyway to hedge the volatility, and I've never heard any good suggestions as far as that goes.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
You can change your bitcoin to the dollar first (if the price is high), and when the price is low you can go back to buy bitcoin, and sell it at a higher price
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
From time to time, I get paid in BTC for my freelancing services. Sometimes, I don't exchange it to real cash and let BTC sit in the wallet. But lately there has been A LOT of fluctuation in BTC price so if I have, let's say, $2000 today, tomorrow I might have half of it. I don't like that kind of a situation. So is there any way to make sure that your BTC gets fixed? Like, somehow fix the BTC price in your wallet. So no matter if actual BTC price rises or falls, you still have the same value that you have today. I think I might be interested in keeping some of my savings in BTC (away from banks) if I can somehow find a way to fix the value that I have today.

Is there a way? Any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: