Pages:
Author

Topic: How do i recover my bitcoins for an address? - page 2. (Read 368 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
So you used Bitcoin Core in the past and you have the correct wallet.dat? Is the file corrupted or password-protected that prevents you to load the wallet in Bitcoin Core? Why don't you download Bitcoin Core, open your wallet, and let the software sync? You can try exporting all your private keys by entering 'dumpwallet' (unless the command changed). After that, import those keys in Electrum if you don't feel like downloading the whole blockchain from scratch. Would that not work?
Since OP mentioned Ledger, I assumed that they used Bitcoin Core as an interface for the Ledger and hence why the seed phrase was mentioned. Without the actual hardware wallet, any wallet that has been created is a watch-only wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
So you used Bitcoin Core in the past and you have the correct wallet.dat? Is the file corrupted or password-protected that prevents you to load the wallet in Bitcoin Core? Why don't you download Bitcoin Core, open your wallet, and let the software sync? You can try exporting all your private keys by entering 'dumpwallet' (unless the command changed). After that, import those keys in Electrum if you don't feel like downloading the whole blockchain from scratch. Would that not work?
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Any idea on how i can recover the rest of words?
You are missing too many words, with 5 out of 12 you have to check 36,028,797,018,963,968 permutation with roughly 6% of it being valid mnemonics. We are talking about a lot of operations, even with btcrecover and using multiple GPUs it should still take an impossibly long time to recover.

The record time I've seen is from this link that claims to have checked 1 trillion in 30 hours (missing 4) also its derivation path is a moderately easy one. That means it would take you 1,080,863 hours with the same exact setup which is 123 years.
legendary
i want to recover the coins from the address. is that possible? i have only seven words though. I bought another laptop the other day, An Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 GX550LXS. had also recently finished upgrading my linux o.s as well.
You need all 12 words. You cannot recover just by using the addresses.

I tried FinderOuter and btcrecover, but i clearly is not to familiar with the console commands for extracting 
If you've lost it, then bruteforcing is the only way albeit with very low probability. BTCrecover has a quick start guide on GitHub..
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I only have the wallet,dat and btc address with valid amounts, Also have 7 words form the recovery, missing the other 5 words. The remaining words were kept on my ledger nano,
The wallet.dat is your bitcoin core wallet file.
The words you have are a part of the seed phrase on your ledger.
As bitcoin core doesn't support seed phrase, now you are talking about two separately different wallets.
Which one do you want to recover?

If you want to recover your ledger wallet, as stated by ranochigo above, you need the other 5 words too.
If you want to recover your bitcoin core wallet, you need the wallet.dat file and your passphrase (if the wallet is encrypted).

Thanks much for the advise so far. Appreciated!
'
i want to recover the coins from the address. is that possible? i have only seven words though. I bought another laptop the other day, An Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 GX550LXS. had also recently finished upgrading my linux o.s as well.

My money is running low, and need the coins to acquire my equipment for work,

I tried FinderOuter and btcrecover, but i clearly is not to familiar with the console commands for extracting 
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3037
BTC price road to $80k

I think what he wants is to recover the wallet with balances which is the Bitcoin core wallet.dat.

Unless if he wants to recover the Ledger but 5 missing words are not easy to recover it takes so much time before you can recover your old wallet from the ledger nano.

However, if the ledger nano doesn't have balance he just wants to reuse the wallet to transfer the recovered balance from the bitcoin core wallet then he can hard reset the ledger nano and recreate a new wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
I only have the wallet,dat and btc address with valid amounts, Also have 7 words form the recovery, missing the other 5 words. The remaining words were kept on my ledger nano,
The wallet.dat is your bitcoin core wallet file.
The words you have are a part of the seed phrase on your ledger.
As bitcoin core doesn't support seed phrase, now you are talking about two separately different wallets.

If you want to recover your ledger wallet, as stated by ranochigo above, you need the other 5 words too.
If you want to recover your bitcoin core wallet, you need the wallet.dat file and your passphrase (if the wallet is encrypted).
legendary
You'll need the seed phrase to be able to spend your Bitcoin. Unfortunately, since you're missing 5 of the words, it'll be quite impossible to be able to crack it.

If you want, you can give it a try with BTCrecover: https://github.com/3rdIteration/btcrecover.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I lost my computer in a house break-in some weeks ago, and searched high and low for my devices through gps tracking, but found no luck.....Sad Sad Someone told me about this forum, and that i can find answer here. How do i recover my bitcoins.

The wallet i used was bitcoin core but electrum reads my info.

I can view the wallet from the info i have so far, but eveything is watching only. Not spendable.  Need the seedphrase

I only have the wallet,dat and btc address with valid amounts, Also have 7 words form the recovery, missing the other 5 words. The remaining words were kept on my ledger nano, but it was attached to the pc the time i wasnt at home. Any advice will be nice,
Pages:
Jump to: