Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I tell people about my crypto escrow services/server? - page 2. (Read 236 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Here's my question: how do I tell people about my escrow service? How do I get people to do the first "leap of trust" that will lead them to know my service is legit?

Talk to your family and friends about it.  If they are not into bitcoin, ask them to talk to their friends about it.  If you offer a good service, they will start using it.  Smiley
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
I want to preface this with: I am NOT going to link my service. This is NOT another one of those scammy posts who's entire purpose is to promote said service. No matter if someone asks in the thread or in PM, no link.

I have launched an escrow service where users can buy/sell stuff with my service's help to make sure they don't get scammed. The problem is that, as most of you know, the internet (especially the crypto world) is full of scammers. Hence, you can be sure that 90% of people that tell you about an escrow/trade/exchange service are scammers. Obviously, its hard to tell people you are legit and that they should try your services when so many scammers told them the exact same thing.

Here's my question: how do I tell people about my escrow service? How do I get people to do the first "leap of trust" that will lead them to know my service is legit? I feel like it doesn't matter how legit I am, people will still dismiss whatever I say as another one of those billions of scams (although I haven't tried yet, that is the result I am expecting). What makes you trust/go to a specific escrow service if they aren't already established? What advice would you give me to build my service's reputation? (This is obviously a small service so there is no possibility of "drop 5k on ads and see if it works" ahah)

For a bit more info: its on discord. When starting a trade with someone, you get taken to a private channel where you can discuss the trade with the other party and set the settings for the bot to properly handle the crypto while the trade takes place. The trades are obviously handled through a bot (the trades are handled automatically unless someone needs support). Considering that crypto users usually like privacy, I am not logging the transactions and the channel is deleted once the trade is done (2 things that the bigger escrow services definitely cannot/do not do).

If I have missed any information that might be useful for you to give me your opinion, please lmk. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: