Pages:
Author

Topic: How do ICOS's work? - page 4. (Read 1346 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
September 23, 2017, 04:44:40 PM
I dont have much time in the cryptoworld, but i'm interested on how so many people trust on ICOs and claim them to be a good way to simply x2, x3 or even x10 your money.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but a TOKEN Based ICO sell their unique tokens at a price, just so months later the token gets accepted on an Exchange then you can trade those tokens and double your money.
It it really that simple?

If it was that simple, everyone would be doing it. There are tons of ICO's that fail. You only hear about the successful ones. Do your own research. Find ones that you think have long term future potential, and get in on the presales.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
September 23, 2017, 01:08:15 PM
That's the mechanics of how it works.

But don't expect to make 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x your money. That's very, very rare. Majority of these cryptocurrency ICOs go no where, they're rubbish, they're hype. Their promises of a great return aren't based in fact.

Take a chance on a flyer bet like this and know that most likely it will not pay off.

Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
September 23, 2017, 01:03:32 PM
An ICO is an investment in the future of a business or technology.

Generally, a group of people will propose a project to build a technology or a business, and they sell the coins that the project will use. If the technology or business is successful, then the coins might have some value in the future.

ICOs are extremely risky. It is likely that most ICOs are just scams, and it is also likely that most of the rest will fail. And even then, the values of the coins for the few projects that succeed may never reach the value that you paid in the ICO.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
September 23, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
I dont have much time in the cryptoworld, but i'm interested on how so many people trust on ICOs and claim them to be a good way to simply x2, x3 or even x10 your money.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but a TOKEN Based ICO sell their unique tokens at a price, just so months later the token gets accepted on an Exchange then you can trade those tokens and double your money.
It it really that simple?

Pages:
Jump to: