Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you convert cash to bitcoin anonymously? - page 2. (Read 5144 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
Anonymous way of buying and selling is possible but it is risky. One could make anonymous transaction only through the forum, can buy or sell bitcoin in exchange for gift cards which can be used later. Here the buyer and seller identity won't get revealed.

But how it is possible. If you move the btc traders in online or in you city. You have to pass the bank details to complete the trade right. If you buy a btc debit card also. You need to provide a proper details to order a card right. There is nothing gonna happen simply the bitcoin, but always use an escrow in your trade while buying or selling bitcoin because scammers are everywhere.
As you said exchanging Gift cards to buy the bitcoin would not reveal your information.
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
The easiest way?

You buy a bitcoin miner off ebay or craigslist or wherever for cash.

You then plug it into your wall and pay the electrical company for bitcoins at a hopefully reduced rate  Smiley

Tada...

No paper trail connected to your bitcoins this way.

It requires a bit of patience but is the best $ to BTC rate if you can figure out a good setup.

The IP adress of the wallet solving the block would be recognizeable. Hence the 12.5 BTC got a resolveable name attached to them.

From public internet place you can order Bitcoin Debit Card for fake name and surname and for Box mail. Lifetime limit is 2500 euro.

Any questions?

Edit: I think, I don't have to add that for any order we can change name and Box mail.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
The easiest way?

You then plug it into your wall and pay the electrical company for bitcoins at a hopefully reduced rate  Smiley

Tada...

It requires a bit of patience but is the best $ to BTC rate if you can figure out a good setup.

The IP adress of the wallet solving the block would be recognizeable. Hence the 12.5 BTC got a resolveable name attached to them.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
Anonymous way of buying and selling is possible but it is risky. One could make anonymous transaction only through the forum, can buy or sell bitcoin in exchange for gift cards which can be used later. Here the buyer and seller identity won't get revealed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I understand that no method will ever be completely anonymous, but there seems to be a complete lack of even close to anonymous options to buy bitcoin. For example, stuff like OKpay or PerfectMoney need your personal details and verification.
Things like wire transfer and Paypal mean other people and companies get to know your name.

So HOW do you do it? (don't say prepaid cards since those aren;t available everywhere.

Well, i should tell you about how i convert cash to bitcoin i just buy bitcoin from my friend or to someone who sell bitcoin i know its a risky move to buy bitcoin from who you don't know yet but i just buy bitcoin for a little amount first before i get into the big amount of buying bitcoin so i just visit the guy who sells bitcoin or trace him before i buy bitcoin so that it would be secure in buying bitcoin.. you should try it i don't really apply that details thing its so hassle in my view >.<
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I understand that no method will ever be completely anonymous, but there seems to be a complete lack of even close to anonymous options to buy bitcoin. For example, stuff like OKpay or PerfectMoney need your personal details and verification.
Things like wire transfer and Paypal mean other people and companies get to know your name.

So HOW do you do it? (don't say prepaid cards since those aren;t available everywhere.

I think that the best way to purchase bitcoin without people knowing your identity is doing a cash in mail transaction on Localbitcoins or Paxful like others suggested.

The process might take some time but there is no way to track that letter containing cash back to you if you do it correctly and use some stealth in your packaging.

However, make sure that the cash doesn’t get noticed and stolen by some dishonest mailman.

And don’t be stupid and write a return address. You want anonymity, so you’ll have to take a risk of the mail being lost forever.

Would gift cards exchanged on Paxful be anonymous?
Can for example Amazon gift cards be traced for where they were bought?
Activity: 518
The easiest way?

You then plug it into your wall and pay the electrical company for bitcoins at a hopefully reduced rate  Smiley

Tada...

Activity: 644

I think that the best way to purchase bitcoin without people knowing your identity is doing a cash in mail transaction on Localbitcoins or Paxful like others suggested.

The process might take some time but there is no way to track that letter containing cash back to you if you do it correctly and use some stealth in your packaging.

However, make sure that the cash doesn’t get noticed and stolen by some dishonest mailman.

And don’t be stupid and write a return address. You want anonymity, so you’ll have to take a risk of the mail being lost forever.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Well you have to pay a hefty fee for that anonymity that’s for sure.

My advice for you is to go to Localbitcoins or Paxful, depending on which site you are most comfortable using, go to “Cash” listings, and meet the guy in person. I mean yeah, that’s not anonymous but i think you don’t want the government or big companies to know your personal identity, not individuals.

Or you could get gift cards, but these sell for a hefty discount which could result in a really really bad deal. If you get amazon GCs you’ll get 70-75% even with receipts, max.
So there isn't a way to transfer moeny online without the receiver knowing your name I guess? Thanks for the help so far guys.

That's WHY Bitcoin was invented.

Once you have bitcoin, you can easily send money online anywhere in the world without the receiver knowing anything about you.

I realized that but if you want a significant amount of Bitcoin any time soon you probably need to buy some, and anonymously as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
So HOW do you do it?

Cannot speak for "we" but yours truly here ... simply does not. I am focusing on the cheapest purchasing way. Most sorts of "anonymity" come with a premium which is totally exaggerated.

Trying to "control" Bitcoin is futile. There are mixing services that will fog up every oh so sophisticated surveilance method from any fascist state.
The trouble begins when state powers (northkorean, iran) start hunting down any known Bitcoin users. Then I will have to eat my words having neglected privacy during purchase phases.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
Bitcoin transaction is already anonymous it already hidden your privacy you are the only one who know that you buy bitcoin from different websites or try to buy on people who offers cheap price than the market price. Im not buying bitcoin im earning it from my hard work then find way to make it grow.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
So there isn't a way to transfer moeny online without the receiver knowing your name I guess? Thanks for the help so far guys.

That's WHY Bitcoin was invented.

Once you have bitcoin, you can easily send money online anywhere in the world without the receiver knowing anything about you.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
Localbitcoins my friend
doesn't localbitcoin requires a verified account or atleast most traders in there trades with verifie.accounts so it's not really  anonymous right?
S
That was helpful but what I meant was is there any way to send cash to someone on this forum anonymously? Like a perfect money/PayPal where they can't see your name? That way I can send cash and receive bitcoins with not much worry.

Put the cash in an envelope and mail it to them?

Go to a branch office of their bank and deposit the cash into their bank account?

Purchase a money order from the U.S. Post Office and mail the money order to them?

Meet up with them (or a friend or relative of theirs) near you, and physically exchange the cash?

Activity: 4
Localbitcoins my friend
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
That was helpful but what I meant was is there any way to send cash to someone on this forum anonymously? Like a perfect money/PayPal where they can't see your name? That way I can send cash and receive bitcoins with not much worry.

Put the cash in an envelope and mail it to them?

Go to a branch office of their bank and deposit the cash into their bank account?

Purchase a money order from the U.S. Post Office and mail the money order to them?

Meet up with them (or a friend or relative of theirs) near you, and physically exchange the cash?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
there was a method suggested a while ago by theymos in the economy board that i found interesting although it wasn't discussed much and it was a bit complicated in my opinion but it sounded good.

i will post it here if i find it again.
Edit: that didn't take much looking, it was trading discussion actually:
Idea for a method of more privately buying/selling BTC
Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/idea-for-a-method-of-more-privately-buyingselling-btc-1775704
After reading this, I'm interested in trading with others on this forum. Is there any payment method which does not allow the person I'm trading with to see my name? For example, perfect money or Paypal probably will.
Pages:
Jump to: