Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you cope with missing easy money making opportunity? - page 2. (Read 241 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Expecting too much will always hurts. Grin Learn to make profits when its available because there is no perfect time to sell coins and its not possible for anyone to sell at the perfect peak.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
I focus on the opportunities I didn't missed. I do miss some money time to time and there were a lot of times when I could have made a lot more money yet I didn't so all in all I think I just focus on the money I made to keep sane.

If I end up thinking about all the money I could have made, I would have been insane by now, I had hundreds of ethereum back in the day that I got for "free" basically (a simple job) because it worth basically nothing as well, at peak that was close to a million dollars I think, right now its still a lot of money. So, do not think of money you could have made because there is no return button to it, think of the money you have made (or money you lost) so that you could actually do something about it next time around.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
It always happens when greed comes to you, and tell you not to sell at that time because the price moves good, and it could increase higher. So you are cancelling to sell your token because you want to make a bigger profit but unfortunately, the price down and back to the lower price. That is what happens if you don't decide to sell fast when the price can increase because you will not face that price again for a long time except there is another pump that will come again for that token/coin. I think almost we all have the same experience, and we are regret not to sell at that moment, but that is already happening, and we cannot regret what we decide.

I am sure that we will have a chance to make a profit from another coin, as long as we can hold the greed to come to us again, so the greed does not prevent us from selling at a price. I hope you get an important lesson in your story and you can learn from that lesson.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Always remember: Hindsight is 2020.

Based on your explanation though, it looks like you thought the rise was going to be short lived, but you didn't sell anyway hence why you're having regrets. Why didn't you sell in the first place even if you knew the rise was going to be short lived? There has to be a reason that weighs more hence why you didn't sell.

But regardless, again, you didn't know for sure where it was going. You could be right, or you could be wrong, and it's just the case that you ended up being wrong. Keep it in your head that that's how trading works. You're going to be wrong, and you're going to be wrong A LOT. It's not like it's the only trade you're going to execute the whole year, right? Chin up, and figuratively slap yourself a bit and tell yourself that you ain't gaining anything by crying over spilled milk.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
It happens always.
 But at least you made a good theory out of it. It's just that, other side of yours prevent and stopping you to sell it because you are still hoping that it will still pumped. But opposite happened. Greed always messed up our plan and that's the reality.

Anyway, you can still probably wait for that coin to pump. After all, crypto market give us a chance to sell our hold coin this time when it pump again.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Ok, so yesterday a coin I was holding, pumped.

The project and team sounds legit but since there was no product live, and from several past experiences I figured this rise is gonna be short lived.

It was true. But, I didn't sell (analysis paralysis), lost the opportunity. Feels like shit.

Life feels like a constant roller coaster of replacing one regret with another.

Greed kicked in. It happens to the best of us.

Sounds like you're bagholding and missed a chance to get out on the exit pump? When waiting for an opportunity like that, I prefer to have shitcoins deposited and already in orders on the ask side. No hesitation. I held too many bags through 2014 and 2015 to make those kinds of mistakes again. Depending on altcoin market conditions, it can take months or even years for another chance. Not sure what kind of capitalization you're talking about, but some small coins will even get de-listed while you're waiting. Lips sealed

The markets are in a very interesting place. If BTC breaks above $10.5K it could trigger a big crypto bull market. Then you'll have plenty of altcoin opportunities.

I didn't want to exit, and the coin is still at a good price. All I wanted to do was sell at yesterday's peak so I could buy back today at lower price, increasing my holdings.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

The project and team sounds legit but since there was no product live, and from several past experiences I figured this rise is gonna be short lived.

It was true. But, I didn't sell (analysis paralysis), lost the opportunity. Feels like shit.

Greed kicked in. It happens to the best of us.

Sounds like you're bagholding and missed a chance to get out on the exit pump? When waiting for an opportunity like that, I prefer to have shitcoins deposited and already in orders on the ask side. No hesitation. I held too many bags through 2014 and 2015 to make those kinds of mistakes again. Depending on altcoin market conditions, it can take months or even years for another chance. Not sure what kind of capitalization you're talking about, but some small coins will even get de-listed while you're waiting. Lips sealed

The markets are in a very interesting place. If BTC breaks above $10.5K it could trigger a big crypto bull market. Then you'll have plenty of altcoin opportunities.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952

Pages:
Jump to: