Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you deal with friends/family when they lose their investment? - page 4. (Read 834 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 121
I will obviously disclose to them the distinctive components that influence the bitcoin's cost. Also, disclose to them that these value plunges are only typical for any sort of speculation. Rather than agonizing over their misfortune. I would rather instruct them to contribute more since we as a whole realize that these value plunges are great opportunity to purchase more at a much lower cost. After that I will likewise reveal to them that any type of venture is dangerous simply like some other type of organizations. Tolerance is vital to procure more benefit out of speculations.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
Such things will not happen to me. When I introduced bitcoin to my friends, I told them that investing in bitcoin was risky. So when they invest in bitcoin and lose a lot of money, they don't blame me.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
Well, it's a mistake to introduce bitcoin to them as an investment tool that can give big profits so that if something like this happens, you can only assure them by all means that the price will return to normal.

the thing you should explain when introducing bitcoin to a friend or family is what bitcoin is and what the actual function is. Then at the end of your explanation, you can explain that bitcoin can be used as an investment tool by prioritizing an explanation of the risks to be faced rather than focusing on the profit that can be provided.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
If you tell your friends and family about Bitcoin without giving them any sort of in-depth financial advice and they go ahead and invest, how do you deal with it when the market dips very low and they silently blame you for losing them money.
I will clearly explain to them the different factors that affect the bitcoin's price. And explain to them that these price dips are just normal for any kind of investment. Instead of worrying about their loss. I would rather tell them to invest more because we all know that these price dips are good chance to buy more at a much lower price. After that I will also tell them that any form of investment is risky just like any other form of businesses. Patience is key to earn more profit out of investments.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
What kind of investment are we talking about? If Bitcoin then I'm trying to convince them that they should wait because Bitcoin has potential to recover and continue increasing. I encourage my family to buy Bitcoin but before that I try to educate them. I want to make them aware of huge risk and potential that Bitcoin has to become used by far more people than it is today.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
If I were in the situation, I will talk to them with no alibis and tell them to be calm because every downfall of bitcoin price is very normal, just patiently wait a little longet and it will increase again.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
Of my acquaintances on my tip invested only one of my friend, and I told him a lot about the possible risks, so he understands why there is a drop in price and patiently waiting for the growth.
Activity: 479
Merit: 14
It is necessary to be cautious when investing in a market with risk. A few currency investments may have high returns, but at the same time it may be worthless.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
I think its better to explain to him the situation  and advise him that bitcoin investment involves risk. Also, better to hold since bitcoin is quite stable at $10,000 dollar, if you sell at losing price there is no way to recover if you do not by back. Again, better to invest only what you can afford to lose.
Activity: 196
I currently am holding some bitcoins for a friend which I helped buy for him at $9300. Now he is looking at the charts and seeing that he is losing money, at one point he was going to start freaking out so I sat him down and explained the market to him as much as I could, showed him charts and all that and he is calm for now. Although I don't know how calm he will be if the price drops even lower so I have offered to give him the exact amount he invested in if it turns out he cannot wait.
Activity: 295
Merit: 1
this is a difficult question to explain But For me this is an interesting question to discuss here.

yeah .. Right now the price is again unstable where it's always Changed every time and to deal with it This I always update in Telegram or WhatsApp in My Community about Crypto Currency Prices and this proves to be effective to prevent them Investing do harm to themselves... Cool
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
If this will happen to one member of your family try to explain to them the advantages and disadvantages of investing that it's like a game in life so before they invest their money they must check first the background if it is a good investment or not because investing is a risk.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
what do you mean 'lose their investment' ?
if you means about the loss of the investment, tell them every investment have a risk to loss.
patient is the key, bitcoin is a long term investment. bitcoin price increasing every year.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
If that happened to me I would feel like crap! Better not to advise people to invest in bitcoin unless they know the risks and understand at least vaguely what the technology is about. Saying it's just a digital form of money is not really enough to explain the ups and downs in price. They will be happy again later this year when it goes back up again
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I feel so bad if one of my friends or my family lose their investment the reason why I am always reminding them that investing in bitcoin is risky and also it takes a long term to earn here thats why I told them to always be patient if they want to earn big.
Activity: 98
When you tell them about bitcoin, you should tell them that investing in bitcoins is risky, and that they need to be cautious about investing. If you say so, I don't think they will blame you.
Activity: 246
Merit: 102
Do not introduce Bitcoin to those who do not fully understand Bitcoin, or you can tell them the risk of loss. Don't just tell them a good one. Keep in mind that investing is risky.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250

It is easy - do not advise your family members/friends to invest in BTC without acquired basic knowledge of criptocurrency investment and risk management. Personally I advice my friends to try bounty programs first - they do not loose money at least and acquire some knowledge about criptocurrency market Wink
Activity: 32

If you want to tell your family or friend to invest in bitcoin be sure tell them about the risks that it has, if you are talking about investment there are always risks but it also will make you earn depending on the price of bitcoin but for me I won't force anyone who is not interested and are willing to take the risks with bitcoin. I believe that bitcoin will revolutionize our currency and if they don't think like that then just don't waste your time.

Thanks. Money is a very delicate topic, and even when you tell someone about the risks, they get distracted by potential gains, make risky bets, then come back to blame you later. Sometimes I think it's better just to keep investments to oneself.
Activity: 32

See mixing relationships and family is never a good idea. I always try to avoid discussing financial topics with friends and family as money most of the times breaks relationships. However, if someone is forcing you for days for some advice, tell them in advance that prices are volatile. They should invest what they are ready to loose. If someone with limited savings asks you for advice related to bitcoins, tell them that it is not the right choice for them. This may appear rude but will help them in the long run.

The sad thing is, when they see the change in your financial situation and discover it was some investment you made four/five years ago, they blame you for not telling them about it. There's no winning.
Pages:
Jump to: