Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you deal with 'Selling early' regrets? - page 7. (Read 1189 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 162
Until you are in gain and no loss than it's okey. Try to focus your thinking on that. It is really really hard to sell at peak so don't take it to close to your hearth. Find new project and keep grinding.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
You sell something and later down the road, that goes multifold.

How do you deal with such things in positive way?

Multi-fold or not, I don't care after I take profit. Why?
  • If my calculation (to take profit) is inaccurate, it means I get less profit than what I should have with more accurate calculation.
  • Fortunately, it does not mean I take a loss. Just get less profit.
  • If I regret and chase the market, I will possibly take a loss or worst a very big loss
  • Miss a peak (to take profit), calm down, hang out, enjoy life, and come back days later, to find another new good entry. Market always has good entries for wise traders/ investors
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 4265
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Moving on is the only positive way you can deal with such scenario. If you don't do that then you'll beat yourself up every minute with constant thinking of your early decision been a wrong one (which isn't) and you'll begin to assume you made a mistake which if you don't address probably might affect your future trade.

Trading is all about making profit and if you exit any trade successfully in profits then you do that just perfectly. Take some break and reevaluate the market before jumping right back in just to catch the upward wave.

Do understand that the market will present an opportunity in the near future for you to re-enter the market so don't rush into making a decision that most likely will make you loss both the capital and profits you earned. If you sold your bitcoin earlier and now regretting, you can enter good position in some alts as obviously their time will come when they'll record similar growth as bitcoin did. Ethereum just experience hers.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
In the trader's perspective, if your goal is simply to make profit in USD and you did end up making profit, why regret? It's not like you can time the exact top. Your goal was to make profit, and you did just that. Even the best traders can't exactly predict peak prices.

In a Bitcoin enthusiast's perspective, I mean, why did you even sell? If you sold just so you can "buy back at lower prices", well, lesson learned. All you can do right now is earn fiat for you to be able to buy more bitcoin, or straight-off earn bitcoin one way or another.
This look likes what my guideline when it comes to selling looks like, although it is a mixture of trader and enthusiast perspective where I leave some for it to grow. Price prediction is never my strong suit so I do not mind that I got a bad price when I sold my bitcoin, I know that I can get it back anyway so just leave it all behind. To OP, the best way to deal with that feeling is to never think about it in the first place.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
It depends.

In the trader's perspective, if your goal is simply to make profit in USD and you did end up making profit, why regret? It's not like you can time the exact top. Your goal was to make profit, and you did just that. Even the best traders can't exactly predict peak prices.

In a Bitcoin enthusiast's perspective, I mean, why did you even sell? If you sold just so you can "buy back at lower prices", well, lesson learned. All you can do right now is earn fiat for you to be able to buy more bitcoin, or straight-off earn bitcoin one way or another.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
If I trade using TA I expect my target to be passed .og its only passed by 20-50% I give up for the day because I'm not accurate enough to continue.

If you managed to catch the top exactly in a repeated number of times (or extremely close to it) I'd advisd you stop trading and reevaluate  your strategy. A blowoff in either direction should've been factored in.

This also accounts for long term trading, if you sold at a profit why do you care you could've made more on it? You haven't and its over just move on. If you're really annoyed then go back and reevaluate how likely you think it was that it would've gone up from where you pulled out and decide whether that's something you need to think about.

Pulling out early is a safe option. And is encourage able if you trade often or not picking a safer option increases your likelihood of being profitible long term.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
You sell something and later down the road, that goes multifold.

How do you deal with such things in positive way?
Pages:
Jump to: