Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 34. (Read 14690 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
August 27, 2017, 02:14:48 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

After making a purchase, you should sell at least 10% of the purchase price and I think you have the benefit
But I think it depends on everyone how they are making that all up. Still this should be the minimum of selling profit as said but the keen analysis of the market and rising and falling of the price chart will give you and open picture of estimated next move. Risk are there but you are a trader so you must have to be easy with that thing.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
August 27, 2017, 02:14:30 PM
I usually go with high leverage so even in the lowest price rise, I get handsome profit so that is not an issue for me. It doesn't matter if I am earning micro profit or even not earning any profit at all because I go with defensive strategy while trading and even not losing any Satoshi is also a kind of profit thus I bear maximum up to 30% to 40% loss (which is normal if you are on high leverage) and most of the times, I sell my holdings at 10% to 25% levels using diversified selling method. There is no right time to sell, you just earn the profit at various levels using cost averaging method.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
August 27, 2017, 02:13:35 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

I believe we can't pick the best order points all the time. And there is no exact right time to sell. It's totally up to your buying costs. If you bought the coin for cheap price, then it wouldn't be hard to sell it to realize your profits.
Yes it is you would not let to sell youre coin on the price that you wouldn't expected so as you buy it in the price that you have bought. As much as possible you will sell it in the highest price but sometimes unfortunately you can sell it for your second choice price.

With the expected high price we can sell out the bitcoin as much you can but recent days I wait for the fees to get reduce it smaller amount to transfer the amount to the exchange site wallet to sell it out bulky when the price is moves up. Buy it when the price is low.
There is other way to reduce the fees if your wallet is segwit supported then you can use the segwit when sending so that your transaction fee is reduced by 35% and i think the price of bitcoin these are really stay at level $4,300 and i think it is hard to decide to sell bitcoin because anytime the price can be burst increase or the price can be down..
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
August 27, 2017, 01:59:21 PM

What's your strategy?

I believe we can't pick the best order points all the time. And there is no exact right time to sell. It's totally up to your buying costs. If you bought the coin for cheap price, then it wouldn't be hard to sell it to realize your profits.
Yes it is you would not let to sell youre coin on the price that you wouldn't expected so as you buy it in the price that you have bought. As much as possible you will sell it in the highest price but sometimes unfortunately you can sell it for your second choice price.

With the expected high price we can sell out the bitcoin as much you can but recent days I wait for the fees to get reduce it smaller amount to transfer the amount to the exchange site wallet to sell it out bulky when the price is moves up. Buy it when the price is low.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
August 27, 2017, 01:39:18 PM
I just sell when I see the volume is dropping or when the price is good for me and I make profit! But general strategy is to sell portions  of your coins when there is a pump!
Yes selling in parts is better than selling all at once. I have heard this kind of thing for the very first time. but if someone holds and wants to sell them all together than I can tell you how to judge. When value increases, and reaches its highest point for that time then it doesn’t fall directly it falls slowly. So when you see that the price has stated falling then sell them all. I also do the same thing.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
August 26, 2017, 11:43:35 PM

What's your strategy?

Activity: 770
Merit: 126
August 26, 2017, 11:19:26 PM

What's your strategy?
It all depends on the percentage of profit margin you want make from your trading. After placing the trade, set your take profit order base on the set target profit and stop lose.  This is because in trading there are two involved is either you make profit or lost at the end of your trade.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
August 26, 2017, 07:46:53 PM
Whenever those coins soaring is the right time to sell, but depend on what kind of coin that we want to sell, bitcoin, ethereum, monero, and tons of new coins will be different. There is certain point to be set according to your prediction, as long as you've made profits, then it's fine. Don't be too greedy.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
August 26, 2017, 07:26:47 PM

What's your strategy?

That is the basic rule in trading that sell it at a right time when you are making good profits from it as holding longer can eat away your profits if price drops in near future so instead of getting too greedy its good to sell them at satisfactory profits and if there is downfall in the price in future then you can buy them back at cheaper price.
Activity: 170
August 26, 2017, 06:33:17 PM

What's your strategy?

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 26, 2017, 06:26:50 PM

What's your strategy?

Simple dont  sell too high from  the purchase price,if you get a profit sell it
A smart move is what you need. Time to sell bitcoin is the which you have set as a target. Bitcoin has to increase in the future, but we need have some patience for that. If it’s the right time according to our mind, we should sell it. This is how t works. Investing and then selling bitcoin after you get some profit is much handy way to earn and this is how people earn.
Activity: 752
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
August 26, 2017, 04:09:47 PM
I sell my bitcoins when I am sitting at comfortable position and already have made some good profits and if not then I choose to hold them till it doesn't land at my desired price and in altcoins I trade it on short term and sell it off as soon as I make even a small amount of profits as its never wise to hold any altcoin for a long term.
Activity: 641
Merit: 505
August 26, 2017, 04:04:58 PM
I discover and use the bitcoin lately, so I'm just starting to make allot of money using a bitcoin. I decide to sell my bitcoin if I have to need to pay or buy. This is because I'm the one who have a good salary and the breadwinner. I pay my parent's debt and used some of my money in buying gadgets and also for the allowance. Even the price is low I do selling because it needs, its enough for me because I have an income, only internet and spending of time has beeb used, no investment. Sometimes one week before I need the money I set my coins in what price I want, this is because of chances of high profit, if this not sell I will sell to the actual price.
Activity: 229
The Operating System for DAOs
August 26, 2017, 12:48:32 PM
I just sell when I see the volume is dropping or when the price is good for me and I make profit! But general strategy is to sell portions  of your coins when there is a pump!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
August 26, 2017, 12:41:10 PM

What's your strategy?
The right time to sell our coins if the price of it is now became double or triple. If the coin that we are holding is bitcoin, I think the best time to sell it is 5 years or 10 years from now. I know that in the future the bitcoin will become more expensive.

Holding bitcoins for the long term is the best way to make huge profits in future but if you are holding any altcoins then its better to sell it when you are already in profitable situation as you cannot have same level of trust on altcoins that you can have on bitcoins as bitcoin is a long term player but altcoins are not try to sell it when you are already in profits instead of holding it too long.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
August 26, 2017, 11:57:52 AM

What's your strategy?
The right time to sell our coins if the price of it is now became double or triple. If the coin that we are holding is bitcoin, I think the best time to sell it is 5 years or 10 years from now. I know that in the future the bitcoin will become more expensive.
Activity: 686
August 26, 2017, 11:43:04 AM
I don't blindly follow market price without any plans and i don't wait without selling thinking that sky is the limit for my profits.I set a profit margin of almost 10% or 20% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.
Don’t make yourself to sit before a computer screen and seeing all the ups and downs every time. As said you must have a target profit for the investment. Just get into the news and see the rates. As far as your rate of profit is up just open your laptop and click sell button. Wasting all the time sitting and observing the rates “It is going up omg! Oh it falling shit!!” you must not be doing this. So smart work not hard
Activity: 938
August 26, 2017, 11:23:18 AM
I always have a target to sell it. so I don't feel confused when deciding when is the time to sell. because if you don't have target, it will be easy to panic.

Yes once the price reaches to your target price you should sell your coins instead of holding it too long as holding altcoins too long can be really risky as price can crash at any point of time so once you have made good profits best thing would be to sell them off and again wait for the downfall in price so that you can buy them back at lower price.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 253
August 26, 2017, 11:17:11 AM
I always have a target to sell it. so I don't feel confused when deciding when is the time to sell. because if you don't have target, it will be easy to panic.

Activity: 336
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
August 26, 2017, 11:13:20 AM

What's your strategy?

Yes,it's so hard to monitored the prices all day,you cannot stay on the sites whole day watching over the prices so i did stop loss limit on selling..all important is you still have profit at all than nothing.
Pages:
Jump to: