Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you define "early adopters"? - page 4. (Read 3919 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 12, 2015, 04:56:48 AM
It would be nice to think that anyone buying now is still an early adopter but I think that maybe fantasy.  Sub 50 probably.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
December 12, 2015, 04:52:16 AM
2009-2012. Early adopters
2013-present. Late adopters.

Grin "Late adopters"....you are a funny guy

@odolvlobo

Thx  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
December 12, 2015, 04:50:49 AM
[

Even if Bitcoin is eventually adopted by only 1% of the world population, we are still in the innovator phase according to that graph.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
December 12, 2015, 04:48:39 AM
We are all still early adopters. Smiley

You might be right.
We can define early adopters based these two factors.
1. Until bitcoin gets a stable prices
2. Until all the bitcoins are mined out
With respect to both the cases we are already into bitcoin ecosystem. I'm so proud because I'm one them.
legendary
Activity: 1134
December 12, 2015, 04:46:39 AM
Who is an early adopter in your opinion? How do you define it?

For me an early adopter is someone with high curiosity for the very new and maybe (not always) even (in the first seen) strange things. Then have the desire to be part of those. Or to have from those. There can be two kind of early adopters. The firsts are they who after the first attraction begin to "dig" about those to learn more. Normally more understand more take form a based decision about the becoming more part or to leave those. Then are the second ones who want to try just for trying with the hope that maybe something can be from their effort. Without taking the effort to know more. Or to know only very few possible useful things related to their choice.

Here are not classified the people who know everything of the new thing since the beginning or at least before the appearance on the public of that. They become part of those because have big hopes that their chooses will bring almost for sure benefits. They know all and cannot be named as early adopters. As for me, to adopt something mean that this thing is created (or is in its way of creation, or it is clearly ready to be made) and someone, knowing it in the just told ways and phases, make him interested about it. Following the previous meaning, the ones who knows everything before the phases told in the previous sentence, can be considerate more as a part of the new thing than an early adopter of it.
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
December 12, 2015, 04:44:14 AM
There is a difference between the early adopters and the starters , people who gave away thousands of coins through faucets (gavin) are the starters and promoters as well. We could consider ourselves as (late) early adopters as we are late by a year or two  but still are able to buy/sell with our basic jobs but only if there some success in Coin or else no one is early nor late.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 12, 2015, 04:38:55 AM
Basically I think "early adopters" are people who were using bitcoin before the price spike. Because before that, bitcoin was nothing and it was really hard to know about it. Early adopters found out and used bitcoin, and are currently super-rich. Anyone after that are latecomers, and they aren't super-rich. Oh, being rich/mining alot of bitcoin solo also defines you as an early adopter in my books Grin

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 12, 2015, 04:24:50 AM
someone that mined the coins when the difficult was really cheap, someone that accumulated 10k easily at launch and someone that has then the chances to buy still very cheap coin

also a rich guy can be difined as a early adopted if he bought bitcoin at 100 each
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 12, 2015, 03:35:22 AM
Early adopters are those who took risks to use the innovations before mass adoption. We are not at mass adoption phase yet. We are early adopters. If bitcoin is going bust tomorrow, we are late adopters.  Cheesy
Activity: 518
December 12, 2015, 03:33:03 AM
i think sathosi,here is the first Bitcoin block was mined, by Satoshi, on 3 January 2009.
but i dont have more information bout early adopter.
Activity: 350
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
December 12, 2015, 03:27:28 AM
We are stil early adopters.. The masses still have not discovered and embraced bitocin, therefore, we are still within the first 1% to discover bitcoin.

Yes, we may have missed the massive price rise from cents to hundreds of dollars, but we are still far from the endgame. Once the masses embrace bitcoin, we will all be called early adopters.

An early adopter is one who has mined coins with his laptop/desktop when cpu  mining was stil enough and when the reward was 50 BTC per block. Like it or not we are not early adopters anymore.

Don't agree with you here. What you are describing are the pioneers. The ones that saw the potential and took the risk. Early adopters copme after that and has nothing to do with the time frame, but all to do with the amount of the populations that has adopted something.

According to this image, we are even still innovators, as early adopters come in to play only after the first 2,5% of the population.

Where did you get that image and also how did whomever made that graph come up with those stats?

Are the people adopting bitcoins in 2015 in the laggards group? I am sad now  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1174
December 12, 2015, 03:22:24 AM
We are all still early adopters. Smiley

Yes, yes this totally right bitcoin doesn't have 10 years yet, so if we take a look on bigger picture we are all early adopters.
I didn't spent much time thinking about this topic, but after seeing this graphic posted here, and some comments I realize how much harder was for this innovators and first followers then for is now. Congratulations for these people, and thank you.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
December 12, 2015, 03:07:30 AM
In marketing terms, about the first 4 to 8 percent that starts using the product or service. Marketing is were the definition of early adopters has been created Smiley
Activity: 546
December 12, 2015, 02:47:32 AM

At first I thought that those who mined bitcoins way back 2010-2011 were the early adopters then I realized bitcoin was not on mainstream yet so I guess it is safe to say that we, current bitcoiners, were still considered early adopters. I might be wrong though , its just my own opinion and my definition Grin
Activity: 2002
Merit: 721
December 12, 2015, 02:44:25 AM
Quote from: rtrtcrypto
Either we are all early adopters, or this project has failed. There are a few million people using BTC, we are probably a few billion people short of peak usage.

If this thing scales and continues, all of us will be seen as part of the "innovator" phase.

If you don't think this, SELL. Because you don't believe in the project (or you don't understand it).
My thoughts exactly. Historically speaking innovations usually happened after one or a few pioneers designed something new. Then a latency phase happened and then it was the boom that made it broadly accepted and used.
If we are in the latency phase before the boom, then yes we are still early adopters and early miners should be called pioneers. But if we aren't early adopters anymore, then it means that the boom has already happened (and failed) and that bitcoin is a failure too, which I hope is not your expectation, people. Of course there was the big krash at the beginning of 2014 but bitcoin survived it, and it even helped bitcoin become stronger. Only thing it did was to delay its success (provided it is indeed destined to succeed).

As for me I'm very optimistic as to the future of bitcoin but one shouldn't be in too much of a hurry: if the boom is to happen quickly when it happens, it doesn't mean that it has to happen tomorrow or even in the next ten years. Not being in a hurry is the key.

Satoshi is not an early adopter btw, but an inventor, or at least a creator. I just wanted to say it right now before we get pages and pages of people claiming that Satoshi is "the only early adopter" (which is bound to happen anyway but yeah, anyway...).
Activity: 266
Invulner
December 12, 2015, 02:27:08 AM
Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 12, 2015, 02:26:11 AM
Even the one who start using bitcoin in some of the countries where bitcoin was recently accepted can also be early adopters. But in global concept we can say people who start mining between 2009-2012 as early adopters.
Activity: 616
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
December 12, 2015, 02:01:43 AM
I am very optimistic and have faith in this tech so i think we are all early adopters. Bitcoin have huge growth potential so early stage should last at least for next few years. Till we achieve to Bitcoin become mainstream payment processor, everyone who join should consider him self as early adopter in my opinion.
mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
December 12, 2015, 01:51:58 AM
Anyone can get over 1 free bitcoin are early adoperts
Activity: 627
December 11, 2015, 09:55:36 PM
Either we are all early adopters, or this project has failed. There are a few million people using BTC, we are probably a few billion people short of peak usage.

If this thing scales and continues, all of us will be seen as part of the "innovator" phase.

If you don't think this, SELL. Because you don't believe in the project (or you don't understand it).
Pages:
Jump to: