Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you encrypt/backup your wallet - page 2. (Read 3256 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 06, 2014, 09:27:00 AM
boxcryptor works great.. and even lastpass (secure notes) will work fine for this.

thanks! checking out boxcryptor now
Activity: 233
Merit: 101
January 06, 2014, 09:15:51 AM
boxcryptor works great.. and even lastpass (secure notes) will work fine for this.
January 06, 2014, 09:12:49 AM
What options do you use to backup your wallet data and encrypt it.

I was looking into using trucrypt to encrypt the file and then store it in the could  but would like to hear about other methods, options as well.

Backup and encryption are really different topics.

ok let me clarify.  I have a copy of my wallet data file , I'd like to encrypt though so if anyone ever found it wouldn't be of use for them.  So basically, what apps/services do you guys use to encrypt files. Or are there any cloud storage services that do encrption when you upload a file.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 06, 2014, 08:58:27 AM

I was looking into using trucrypt to encrypt the file and then store it in the could  but would like to hear about other methods, options as well.

Backup and encryption are really different topics.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
January 06, 2014, 08:34:26 AM
Multibit has built in wallet encryption using bip38 from the file menu. This is the obvious choice. Any secure not cloud based encryption program like truecrypt will work fine. Ease of use is an issue and cold storage should be considered using armory.
January 06, 2014, 08:13:35 AM

Pages:
Jump to: