Pages:
Author

Topic: HOW do you get gold onto the plane...? - page 3. (Read 2855 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
January 06, 2016, 09:06:17 PM
Bake some ounces into the bottom of some cupcakes and mail them to yourself there? Cheesy VAT claim - $8.50  Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 06, 2016, 08:41:30 PM
Second for why it's not legal in the first place? And couldn't you just put it in something that already would show up anyway, like a computer?

Some countries do not allow the import or export of gold or charge heavy taxes.

Did not think it would be that big of an issue. It has to be much easier to hide however than other 'illegal' things. No scene, can be turned into any shape/size, ect..
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
January 06, 2016, 07:47:13 PM
That guy was probably just trying to earn some money of you and would have been better of asking for a much lower amount for his "wisdom".

Anyway, large amounts of golds will never be able to be transported on a plane due to it's weight.

The guy was probably thinking about smaller quantities, which you could do by making some crap jewelry and just wear it (full gold bracelet maybe? could be quite the amount of gold).
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
January 06, 2016, 06:58:31 PM
There are no laws against transporting gold out of the U.S., but there are reporting requirements. Read this: http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/mark-nestmann/understand-rules-before-you-transport-precious-metals-overseas-part-i
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
January 06, 2016, 05:56:48 PM
Second for why it's not legal in the first place? And couldn't you just put it in something that already would show up anyway, like a computer?

Some countries do not allow the import or export of gold or charge heavy taxes.
Activity: 112
January 06, 2016, 05:54:24 PM
legendary
January 06, 2016, 05:48:55 PM
I believe the op's theoretical situation is getting gold on to a plane from a country with no restrictions so it does not have to be declared at the arrival destination.  Probably pay off some luggage handlers to bypass customs in the country with restrictions i.e India

I suppose it depends how much gold you are taking about.  For small quantities a few gold sovereigns mixed in with loose change would probably go undetected.  If you are talking kg bars it would be a lot harder.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
January 06, 2016, 05:33:32 PM
Forgive me as I have not had need to take gold out of the country.  But why can't you take gold onto planes and what would be the reasoning for taking it out of the country?

Again no judgement or anything, I really have no idea why you can't take gold out of the country.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
January 06, 2016, 05:30:43 PM
You take one of those male birthcontrole rubber things and put one unit in it, then eat it. When you arrive at your destination, you go po po and the you have it! wooops wrong topic  Huh
In all honesty, i don't know. Maybe try to make a lady friend who works as a steward to take it for you?

Perhaps do this and say it's a present for the wife Grin
Activity: 98
January 06, 2016, 05:12:36 PM
You take one of those male birthcontrole rubber things and put one unit in it, then eat it. When you arrive at your destination, you go po po and the you have it! wooops wrong topic  Huh
In all honesty, i don't know. Maybe try to make a lady friend who works as a steward to take it for you?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
January 06, 2016, 04:56:49 PM
For the purpose of smuggling gold into India I presume?

Shh, but the big risk with that is upon arrival in INDIA...  Smiley

I am more interested in getting it ONTO the plane without detection.  Bringing it into another country is a separate problem.
legendary
January 06, 2016, 04:52:38 PM
For the purpose of smuggling gold into India I presume?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
January 06, 2016, 04:45:11 PM

A year or two ago I was in contact (via email) a fellow fan of gold.  This guy has gone on to become a whacko/weirdo, and has alienated some people in the "Physical Gold Advocates" ("PGA") community.  

He told me that he knew a way to get gold past the TSA (etc.) and on to an airplane flight (ah, think taking gold to another country).  I asked him how much how he wanted if he would tell me, but gave me a runaround and then said $1000!

I have thought and thought and thought, but I have yet to come up with such a technique.  Remember, gold will show up on the TSA X-ray machines.

So, I put this question out to any and all of you:

How do I get gold onto the plane?

FYI, the most prominent "PGA" is FOFOA:

fofoa.blogspot.com   <=== Highly recommended!  LONG posts, but most excellent, and he has a unique take on gold.

FOFOA is very respected, and is NOT the weirdo whom I was emailing some time ago.
Pages:
Jump to: