Pages:
Author

Topic: How Do you Handle a Downtrend as a day trader? - page 2. (Read 437 times)

copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Why should one remain in a downtrend market other than to exit and return, a downtrend is traded with a different strategy, it is best entered with a stop loss plan such that once the market goes against you, it sells and you position lower because every support eventually becomes the resistance, so one should not expect to be in profit after missing a profit position to sell
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
Handling this downtrend of altcoins is nearly impossible because this is not like ordinary fall or crash but like end of altcoins, they simple go to zero how can we handle it with little loss  Roll Eyes don't know.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Once downtrend sets in as a trader the best thing to do is to stop trading and never try to revenge on the market because the market will always carry you except you are on the right side of the trend that is following the trend. I assume that you are a good trade who has a trading plan and is willing to follow your plan and also you may have place your stop loss and take profit points. You then leave the market and come back tomorrow to trade again still following your trading plan.
Activity: 588
Although crypto market on bearish but there are also some altcoin going up ranging from 10% to 30% aday , so we still opportunity to make some profit. But this is will be more difficult to get it because only some of crypto going up and so many going down. And to avoid loss we should be keep some balance in to fiat or USDT , and we can use it again to buy coins after the price on the bottom. Patient waiting for bottomed price will be promising big profit because when the price on the deep is more easy to push up to 100% just in afew days.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
I trade Alts against BTC as a day trader, when the market is all green we were able to make nice returns ranging from 12% to 25% on a single trade. But during a severe downtrend market all our profit including capital goes down into it and it practically indicate we are at loss.

So I'm wondering what is the best way to handle a downtrend situations?
Actually all you have to do is practice patience, you have to wait until a good time arrives. Because the characteristic crypto is always changing at any time then we will not be able to determine when the market will increase or decrease. so the only way we do is to wait, it is proven at this time that when prices rise again and show a positive trend. So be patient because with patience then we will be able to get what we want.
It's not a problem if prices change and rise quickly, but if prices go down and endure for a long time, surely you have to do
and make choices to sell and look for other more potential altcoins, because in trading you can't keep holding it for a long time right ?
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
My target is always set. When the downtrend hits my target low, I quickly pull out. Sometimes you may have to wait for quite too long for market to recover and I may not have too much patients in day trading as I may have in long-term hodling. When you set your target and respect these targets you don't have to lose too much.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
As trader,  you could lose everything in a few days if you don't know what you are doing!  Downtrend in the market of cryptocurrency should not be an emergency rather,  it should be expected with solid plan to go through it successfully!  I try as much as possible to stay in fiat and buy the dip in the market!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
You need to always be sure of your entrance to a particular position, hone your trading on platforms where there is a demo
 Wink
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
I trade Alts against BTC as a day trader, when the market is all green we were able to make nice returns ranging from 12% to 25% on a single trade. But during a severe downtrend market all our profit including capital goes down into it and it practically indicate we are at loss.

It's too risky and hard to predict, if ever that you've been trapped inside better to have more patients if you have spare money, you can try to invest more with the same coin, just in case when the coin value bounce back, you can gain more while waiting for the previous one to break even together with your earnings from the second position that you've made.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I noticed that more people prefer to have a short position open during the bear market as a form of insurance. They can just do whatever they want, but will benefit significantly if the market keeps going down.

I thought about it myself, but I prefer not to use any tools and I don't need them. I can hodl through these bear cycles without any problems, and I have tons and tons of patience left to consume.

Some people say that hodling is a bad thing to do during a bear market, but they fail to understand that not everyone can trade this market and have their funds work for them. People thinking it's easy to profit don't know anything.

Not acting is better than acting based on nothing but hope.
Activity: 472
When i was day trading some time ago, i didn't handle downward trend well, as the market was constantly dropping i lost all my money. It was a very bad experience as a day trader.
Activity: 140
I have also loss during bearish market but I just hold on to my coin. Just keepingnitnto my wallet and waiting for the next wave of bull market. To sell your coin just to cut your losses in this downtrend market is a wrong decision to execute because we all know that market will bounce up again in just few weeks. So it's better to hold the coin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250

Actually all you have to do is practice patience, you have to wait until a good time arrives. Because the characteristic crypto is always changing at any time then we will not be able to determine when the market will increase or decrease. so the only way we do is to wait, it is proven at this time that when prices rise again and show a positive trend. So be patient because with patience then we will be able to get what we want.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
shorting. Or wait a few days until the market recovers since if the markets are bearish, my stop-loss is executed. Then wait for a new opportunity to jump in.
Activity: 597
The downtrend is a normal matter. Every trader knows about it. When the crypto market goes down, Especially I try to buy more coins. Like EOS Coins present price 0.020, if this price will go 0.015 then I will buy EOS through my all money! And then I will sell them when EOS will back to 0.018 or more. This is my formula for daily/Short-term trade
Activity: 490

I will travel on the red market days. I think that's a great way to deal with a Downtrend. I'm not an experienced trader. So I will never trade in these days
Activity: 110
In the descending market, you can either just not touch your crypto currency and wait until a new wave of growth begins. Or you can trade against the main trend and make a profit even during such serious falls.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617

Can't you do the same thing like buying USDT and then at the very bottom you buy back?

I don't do that myself as its easy to trade when price are rising but its easier to buy when you see the price hit the bottom twice. But the usual that traders do when the market is all red is to buy the tether.
Activity: 434
it is impossible to determine the reversal when the market is growing. I think we need to think from logic that we can not be greedy. If you made a profit in 2-3 weeks of trading in a growing market, then just exit the market in BTC or better in USDT, and just wait for the cheap price of coins. No need to try to keep up with the market, it is still stronger than you. And you just need to take and leave
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
when you are trading altcoins, whether it is a downtrend or uptrend everywhere else you must look for an altcoin that is on the rise aka getting pumped. and there are quite a lot of them out there  and at least 5 are  getting pumped every day. you find these, invest and pull out before the peak and make profit. move to next and do the same to make more profit.
if you can't then stay away from the market,  cash out and wait until you can speculate the market and then come back in. nobody is forcing you to trade every single day.
Pages:
Jump to: