Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep your private keys safe? - page 3. (Read 244 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2
The best way to be safe is through the use of hardware wallet. You can as well use offline wallets, such as imtoken. I have been using imtoken for quite some time now and no bad occurrence whatsoever has been recoded.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
As the latest news about MEW that is being breached thru a phishing attack and got lost of many ethereum can anyone give me a recommendation on how to use and store my private keys safe? I have been scared from that moment on what if i try to login to my MEW and got my account also breach.
This has been an issue that required prompt attention and great caution. A friend one mine's wallet was hacked and has swpet away all the coins and token that was in his wallet. I just hope we can take precautions to avoid all these because it is a great lose.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
I think the best place to keep a very personal and private information like one's private is off the computer where nobody can hack into it. Maybe on a hardcopy like paper or an external drive.
Activity: 921
Merit: 10
I think that many people should think about buying a hardware wallet. Personally I have it and I am very happy with it. I also work from a separate computer,where I do crypto-currencies.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
Store your private keys in a place or device that an internet cannot access.
When accessing websites that would require the private keys, always use metamask or hardware wallets.
Activity: 280
Merit: 20
i keep everything in my dashlane very secure
Activity: 126
I have hard copies written and kept in strategic in my house and office. The worst mistake ever is to store private keys and log in details online. I used to do it but refrained from it when I was advised to. As for storing them on hard drives or flash drives, I'm yet to explore that option
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Try to store it in a flash drive so that every time you need it you can easily insert and get it,and one thing never trust anybody even though your relatives and friends sometimes those people will become your worst enemy here in crypto world.
Activity: 142
As the latest news about MEW that is being breached thru a phishing attack and got lost of many ethereum can anyone give me a recommendation on how to use and store my private keys safe? I have been scared from that moment on what if i try to login to my MEW and got my account also breach.

now what you will do is that don't save your private key online i mean saving it on your email or mainly in draft because you could get hack from your email and the made away with your tokens, secondly don't do airdrops asking to do kyc or to reveal your details, those things may likely lead in hacking of your address then wen ever you are doing a new project just use a different wallet to secure your address the most.
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
Enter the future of gaming
I have made multiple copies and keep them on hard drives in various safe places. If you possess huge amount of crypto, you can find a lawyer for yourself who will be able to give access to the wallet to only you personally.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Thank you for +Merit
I store data either on paper or on a Micro SD card with write locking or in the form of photos
Activity: 97
The thing is , avoid visitinf these phising sights and try not to log into your account too often, hackers are real, private keys can be stored best in paper wallets, make a print out of these keys and keep them in a safe probably, away form anyone apart from you,
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
Loads of people get hacked because they have their private keys in text files on their online PC's. Just buy yourself a hardware wallet, easy to set up, this is the best solution for an average Joe. Your tokens should be safe even if you visit a fake site because you still have to press a physical button to make a transaction.
Activity: 196
Don't store your private keys online. It is that simple, anything that is online can be gotten to by hackers and used to hack your wallets. Store your private keys offline. Try saving them in wordpad or another text editor that is similar to wordpad.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Pages:
Jump to: