Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you know when to sell? - page 6. (Read 2175 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 25, 2021, 05:23:40 PM
It is easy to sell when you're in profit.

You don't have to calculate that much, as long as your coin shows that you've got more than the capital that you have traded on it, then that only indicates that you're in profit.

There's no need for any complicated stuff.
Generally a good time to sell is when you have seen a profit on the asset you bought. This mean buying low and selling high. But if you set a sale target with a higher price then of course you have to wait until the price reaches the target you expect. There is a possibility that the target will be reached if the bullish occur, but the correction risk is also certain.

To expect bigger profit then I believe you have to be a patient holder who will probably never be affected by FUD or price fluctuation. Even this method can take years, but I'm sure the risk and profit will be worth it.
As a holder, being patient is truly important. You'll get bigger gains if you're too patient and you have bought at the dip.

That's what happened to me when I've bought some coins during their lowest and held it and sold at the mid of this bull run. Didn't maximized the profit but at least I still got more than 100% profit from those.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
June 25, 2021, 07:06:38 AM
We need more time to decide before selling if we aren't sure what will be the outcome. In times of difficulties, look back from where you've starting on your entry point, and if money isn't an issue for you to spend quickly always bare in mind that you need to wait patiently until that coin matures in price. Then in perfect time, your decision will be formulated and finally selling an asset would be the best thing you can do.
If that going to happen, I suggest just keep hold and sell when the market turns bullish. Because you are not able to decide quickly, your decision is so important especially during a hard situation and if that so happens you can dare to decide correctly, definitely, it is a need for you to ask your closest friend for some guidance. And I tell you that this will become your burden and it a must for you to learn about decision making. You just need to become strong and learn about TA as it helps you. 
Yes of course that's good advice and in such cases it's better to study more deeply,
the fact is that there are still many things that go wrong in terms of making decisions, it is not as easy as we imagine,
because if it was easy of course we could make a profit easily too
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
June 25, 2021, 12:13:31 AM

You don't have to calculate that much, as long as your coin shows that you've got more than the capital that you have traded on it, then that only indicates that you're in profit.

Generally a good time to sell is when you have seen a profit on the asset you bought. This mean buying low and selling high. But if you set a sale target with a higher price then of course you have to wait until the price reaches the target you expect. There is a possibility that the target will be reached if the bullish occur, but the correction risk is also certain.

To expect bigger profit then I believe you have to be a patient holder who will probably never be affected by FUD or price fluctuation. Even this method can take years, but I'm sure the risk and profit will be worth it.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 24, 2021, 07:46:38 PM
We need more time to decide before selling if we aren't sure what will be the outcome. In times of difficulties, look back from where you've starting on your entry point, and if money isn't an issue for you to spend quickly always bare in mind that you need to wait patiently until that coin matures in price. Then in perfect time, your decision will be formulated and finally selling an asset would be the best thing you can do.
If that going to happen, I suggest just keep hold and sell when the market turns bullish. Because you are not able to decide quickly, your decision is so important especially during a hard situation and if that so happens you can dare to decide correctly, definitely, it is a need for you to ask your closest friend for some guidance. And I tell you that this will become your burden and it a must for you to learn about decision making. You just need to become strong and learn about TA as it helps you. 
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 24, 2021, 07:40:38 PM
We need more time to decide before selling if we aren't sure what will be the outcome. In times of difficulties, look back from where you've started on your entry point, and if money isn't an issue for you to spend quickly always bare in mind that you need to wait patiently until that coin matures in price. Then in perfect time, your decision will be formulated and finally selling an asset would be the best thing you can do.
Activity: 898
Merit: 19
Do it For Better Humanity (Bitget trader)
June 24, 2021, 07:08:27 PM
I know its an individual thing, but if you are in an alt and it is pumping...when is the best time to sell? I feel as though every-time I am in a coin that starts to make some good gain I leave it to long to sell..Anyone else do that. I heard it is because of greed, we star imagining all things we can do with our new profits, but the longer we leave it the more chance of not making good profits. Does anyone have a good strategy for knowing when to sell?

For me.. We need we to understand chart very well to know when to sell. And i think the right time to sell is when the price of an asset move up rapidly and start flipping for long at for a little bit period of time
June 24, 2021, 05:20:48 AM
You need to analyze the market and choose a convenient time to sell cryptocurrency, but not everyone can do this without special skills. There are also daily price prediction reviews from experienced traders, such as these.
You don't need special skills.

You have to understand when is the right time of selling, I agree on you with that. Because there's more to know and you can learn that later on when you have proper knowledge and experience already.

Do not go with the flow of the crowd because you'll just sell in FOMO.
This is actually true on where you don't really need any special skills but doesn't mean that it would really be simple because taking out simple decisions like
selling for profit is something that someone cant really just make out easily so its really understandable on why there are people who do really have a hard
time on making one even other peoples been saying that it was so simple but when they are on the actual situation then this is something that you cant
just do without proper knowledge and experience in the market. Taking profits is something that do talk about gains but each of us does have different targets an aim or goals.

Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
June 24, 2021, 04:35:07 AM
To know when to sell? I suggest keeping ourselves aware of the market and tried to communicate with our minds about this matter because the answer is only in our hands and minds.

People saying buy at low and sell at high. SO, it was clear to see that we need to the price of our coin to pump and reach our desired selling price before we hit the sell button. That is not so hard to determine when since I believe that we have our buying record and that will serve as the basis for the time when to sell.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 100
COMBONetwork
June 24, 2021, 04:07:58 AM
I think the instinct would probably be the answer to your question because you really don't know if bitcoin is ever going to go up much more so you sell at a point. Also, another reason would probably be the need, if you really need the money and you have no other way to make money, then you have to sell it.
Necessity knows no low . When need comes to my door , then I can't wait for market pumping. But a important thing that cryptocurrencies market always risky and unstable in nature, no one can get any information before pumped and dumping. So we all bound by uncertain cryptocurrencies market.
It's true that we should know that the cryptocurrency market is completely different from other markets,
what makes the difference is that the crypto market is very volatile, so of course this makes cryptocurrencies very risky,
so indeed we must always monitor market movements so we know when to sell and buy
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
June 23, 2021, 05:52:26 PM
You need to analyze the market and choose a convenient time to sell cryptocurrency, but not everyone can do this without special skills. There are also daily price prediction reviews from experienced traders, such as these.

You have to understand when is the right time of selling, I agree on you with that. Because there's more to know and you can learn that later on when you have proper knowledge and experience already.

This is actually true on where you don't really need any special skills but doesn't mean that it would really be simple because taking out simple decisions like
selling for profit is something that someone cant really just make out easily so its really understandable on why there are people who do really have a hard
time on making one even other peoples been saying that it was so simple but when they are on the actual situation then this is something that you cant
just do without proper knowledge and experience in the market. Taking profits is something that do talk about gains but each of us does have different targets an aim or goals.
June 23, 2021, 04:26:07 PM

Activity: 993
Merit: 250
Moonbet.io
June 23, 2021, 04:15:56 PM
I think the instinct would probably be the answer to your question because you really don't know if bitcoin is ever going to go up much more so you sell at a point. Also, another reason would probably be the need, if you really need the money and you have no other way to make money, then you have to sell it.
Necessity knows no low . When need comes to my door , then I can't wait for market pumping. But a important thing that cryptocurrencies market always risky and unstable in nature, no one can get any information before pumped and dumping. So we all bound by uncertain cryptocurrencies market.
copper member
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
June 23, 2021, 08:13:15 AM
Traders must have knowledge about market and they must be good in understanding graphs. Once you learned to understand graph you will be able to know the right time for buying and selling of your coins. The right time to sell your coins is when coin reaches its all time high price and you can get this knowledge from graph.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 23, 2021, 06:24:32 AM
There are individuals who choose to close their position when they have part of benefit or maybe, mentally talking when they are content with the profits. The take benefit could be in bunches however independent of what technique you concoct, your underlying venture ought to consistently be gotten as the market particularly that if altcoins is entirely flighty.
Well many of us assigned how much percentage we will consider before selling , Like me i am targeting 100-150% profit when i am considering long term holding but when I'm into short term? at least 15-25% is more than enough for me to sell out and then look for another coin to buy back.
But of course this is not about my Bitcoin because for the highest ranking coin i only reserve a time and not a percentage meaning i will sell if i declare at least 6 months to 3 years of holding.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
June 23, 2021, 04:27:29 AM
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
June 22, 2021, 03:08:28 AM
It happens with me so many times but that's not because of greed or started to think what I'll do with my profits, but the potential of that coin and the hype associated with it. Sometimes, when markets turn bearish all at once, then all the coins including my 10x potential coin starts plunging and if I am not watching, then I will lose so much. It is always a good thing to have a stop loss trailing near my ongoing profit area, so if it goes down, I don't need to sell as it'll be auto sold and save me from losses.

Auto selling is a good way to protect ourselves from losses, also limit order can really help us. If we plan to make a certain amount of profit from a coin, we can add already limit order in advance to sell at the fixed price. Everyone who trades for some time, will get to the point where we wasn't quick enough with his sell, and had to ride down the price drop. Luckily, crypto currencies tend to move in cycles, so it is very likely that the price will recover some time in the future. I am trying to avoid this, by not always selling my hole position, rather split it and sell like 25% from the coin from time to time. The fees will be a bit higher, but the chance to get the best sell price is also higher.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 504
June 22, 2021, 01:07:02 PM
It's anything but a reverse level of the leg of the move, or when the pattern neglects to hold the cost, and so forth Ordinarily, individuals who leave their exchanges unattended due to being presumptuous that the cost will keep on going up without setting an objective cost as a primary concern will certainly lose their benefit and time over the long haul. For you to sell it. depend if after your examination you find arrangement of lower lows on the visit you sell and sit tight for an adjustment of pattern prior to repurchasing thusly you make additional benefits outside the customary holding strategy.
Activity: 517
Merit: 10
June 22, 2021, 02:55:09 AM
There are individuals who choose to close their position when they have part of benefit or maybe, mentally talking when they are content with the profits. The take benefit could be in bunches however independent of what technique you concoct, your underlying venture ought to consistently be gotten as the market particularly that if altcoins is entirely flighty.
Activity: 862
June 22, 2021, 10:59:18 AM

This is a special satisfaction for what you have done with your investment until now. If you feel like everything has reached the limit you want it could be time to sell the coins you have or the investments you have.
Activity: 1568
COMBONetwork
June 22, 2021, 06:20:26 AM
The best time to buy Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies is still a big secret for new traders or investors, and according to research conducted by investment or trading experts and the best time to buy bitcoin never appears in official documentation because the crypto asset sector has price dynamics and fluctuations.
and the current general strategy is to buy dips slowly or collect coins that you think are potentially profitable when prices are low and resell when they hit your target.
fluctuations in cryptocurrency do make it difficult for us to predict the market,
we have to really monitor it and it's not easy I think,
It's true that you could say it's a common strategy that many traders and investors use
Pages:
Jump to: