Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you like the idea? - page 2. (Read 534 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
June 14, 2023, 04:44:32 AM

This brings me to a suggestion for our merit sources out there. Maybe you can create a thread on an important topic for discussion and reward those who share their valuable insights. This way, it would be easier to determine if a thread contains valuable information, as it is initiated by the merit source itself. I hope you understand what I'm trying to emphasize.

I don't like a lot of the practices that happen with merit, so adding more permissions to merit sources is not meaningful. A person should try to create high-quality posts and not worry about that. After a while, if he doesn't get enough merits, he can ask her, but don't make your focus on getting merits more than improving the quality of your posts.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
June 14, 2023, 02:15:32 AM
Honestly, I'm quite impressed with what he has done as it encourages posters to provide more valuable posts, especially those who want to receive merits. As we alll know, not all good posts are merited since some boards do not have as many merits as others.
The merit system is enough to encourage users to create high quality posts. If any user decides to create a thread and reward people that participate well in it with merits, that's their own way and nothing wrong with that, overall everybody has their own style. But what's wrong is if it becomes something we see too often, in which the only way to receive merits is if you join in threads created by a user who is giving them out. It is going to be counterproductive, and would lead people to post in threads they have no interest in, or plagiarising just to post in them.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
June 13, 2023, 03:42:54 PM
I'm not against your idea, but IMO, it's not needed. I prefer when merit is rewarded in natural way - when merit source or just random member see good post and simply reward it with merit. Most of these merit giveaway threads tend to ass licking and posts made just to try getting merit. Also, as mentioned above, with AI being hottest thing in 2023 many members can try writting posts with it when they try to get merit.
Sorry if my comparison may be not appropriate for some members, but merit giveway threads reminds me giving treats for dogs whn they have donesomething good. I'm not saying that these threads is bad thing, it's simply not something what I prefer.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
June 13, 2023, 12:41:34 PM
Let's not do that. Merit isn't a school project, and it isn't supposed to be a form of payment for doing as I say. Merit is meant for posts that are worth reading, and if someone can do that on his own, Merit will find him.

Given this year's hype, I expect your suggestion to lead to many shitposts created by chatbots.
Those who deserves them get it and there are lot of threads also to help them out where they can submit post they find quality one without merits so it should be that way only but yes if you are creating a task that will help them to gain knowledge like puzzles or quiz then it's different part and motivate them to learn and gain merits in that manner.

People are more hyping up the AI usage ignoring they will come up answers they find suitable and forum is place to have discussion between members not these Chatbots like the one giving answers on Satoshi's behalf.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 653
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
June 13, 2023, 09:52:06 AM
This brings me to a suggestion for our merit sources out there. Maybe you can create a thread on an important topic for discussion and reward those who share their valuable insights.
Let's not do that. Merit isn't a school project, and it isn't supposed to be a form of payment for doing as I say. Merit is meant for posts that are worth reading, and if someone can do that on his own, Merit will find him.

Given this year's hype, I expect your suggestion to lead to many shitposts created by chatbots.

Absolutely true sir.
That is just the fact behind this, and for avoiding that we need to stop creating what would make people involving themselves in a taskable post as to avoid chatbots, especially to the merits hunters called newbies.
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
June 13, 2023, 09:30:45 AM
This brings me to a suggestion for our merit sources out there. Maybe you can create a thread on an important topic for discussion and reward those who share their valuable insights.

This would have been a good suggestion to adopt but we should also consider the possibility for the abuse, quite alright we have some threads created by merits sources that allows then to review quality posts and merits, a good example is the one created by LoyceV on reputation to report any unmerited quality post on his thread, there's one for Ratimov and so also Fillippone all on beginners and help, not all merit source will be able to adopt the same pattern, some do visit threads randomly across different boards to merit their quality posters and so on.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
June 13, 2023, 06:42:38 AM
This brings me to a suggestion for our merit sources out there. Maybe you can create a thread on an important topic for discussion and reward those who share their valuable insights. This way, it would be easier to determine if a thread contains valuable information, as it is initiated by the merit source itself. I hope you understand what I'm trying to emphasize.

Is this not something that should be done by default anyway? Being, that people (merit sources or not) should be creating high quality topics that create good conversation, and those who are sharing valuable insights should be getting rewarded by merit sources who view the thread.

I always thought that's how it worked. I suppose that there's no harm on intentionally setting out to do this, but I do feel that it should come about naturally.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
June 13, 2023, 01:43:57 AM
You highlighted the problem of sources not being active on every board and even having some on ignore.
A practical solution would be to increase the number of sources and make it so that a good post regardless of where it is posted would be found out.

Users, whether they are sources or not, can choose to make threads to offer merit, that's their own perspective of how the view merit giving, it doesn't apply to everyone. What matters is they are exhausting their source merit and being liberal when sharing it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
June 13, 2023, 12:47:26 AM

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
June 12, 2023, 11:29:24 PM
What Jet Cash and others did was great, but isn't really that necessary. Merit sources can simply scout threads for users who deserve merits; it doesn't necessarily need to be them to create the thread as it only makes little difference.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
June 12, 2023, 11:20:48 PM
Lol, in my short lived duration of being a source a few years ago, I asked people to provide information, or teach me something new and asked for other tasks, but then I realized I'm using merit for personal gain.
IMHO, it shouldn't be given out when a source is satisfied with a comment, it should be based on the effort and the weight of the content, sometimes a sentence could teach you what you could learn in 10 years of a life time, but mostly the posts are the same old repetitions just revised more carefully to pass the merit source criteria.🤣

Btw, where is this cash jet guy thread you mentioned he seems like a good target guy? I need to go fishing some merits, my merit-blood is low for some time. Lol.

Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
June 09, 2023, 01:21:41 AM
OgNasty did it here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-hey-newbies-can-you-sign-a-message-5275043
And also on my local board, hosted by joniboini https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/challenge-merit-challenge-lokal-board-indonesia-resmi-running-3315373

Actually, it wasn't just encouraging users to make good posts, but a request to learn the basic knowledge that aspiring bitcoiners should have. Overall, it's good.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
June 08, 2023, 11:59:02 PM
I stumbled upon a thread by Jet Cash, and it appears to be like a professor interacting with his students, rewarding them with merits for their answers. Honestly, I'm quite impressed with what he has done as it encourages posters to provide more valuable posts, especially those who want to receive merits. As we alll know, not all good posts are merited since some boards do not have as many merits as others.

I'm not suggesting that it should be compulsory for merit sources, but I wanted to share what I have observed. It's up to you guys to decide how you perceive it.

You can see the thread here ; [Merits again] Discuss the velocity of Bitcoin 
Pages:
Jump to: