Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you like your sig campaign payments. USD vs. BTC - page 4. (Read 935 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
How long this 'survey' will last?

I'm pretty sure with 1/2 pages, we'll get repetitive answers already.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Dont fool yourself.
If you are getting paid 0.005 BTC a week, and Bitcoin is 10k, or 8k, ir 12k, probably the payment rate will stay the same.
But if price sky rocket to 100k, your payment won't continue 0.005 (maybe only chipmixer campaign will keep payment rates, lol)
But for the rest of the campaigns, it really doesn't make much difference, as they change rates when price change.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
Honestly, I don't know, it depends on specific campaign. Now I'm getting $50 in BTC weekly. It's good when Bitcoin is going down, because it means that I will get some more BTC.
I remember being in old Yobit campaign and their rates were slways same - 0.0003 BTC per post and price of Bitcoin didn't affected their rates. It was same when Bitcoin was bellow $1000 and when it was close to $20 000. When they started it was low paying campaign but eventually it become to one of the highest paying campaigns. But in other campaigns which have fixed payments in BTC I noticed that when Bitcoin goes up significantly, they reduce payment rates. So, I think that in such cases it would be better to receive payments current USD value of BTC like in my current campaign.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
It's an interesting one.

The bitmixer.io campaign was an eternal 0.035 per week. At one point that was one of the worst paying campaigns, about $10 a week or less in 2015, and by the time it died it was the best paying and people were scrabbling to get into it.

USD obviously has constant exchange rate adjustments. Most BTC campaigns are pretty sluggish in changing the amounts they pay, though I noticed some were extremely reactive, enough to piss off their users.

If your earnings go straight out then you may as well stick with USD. If you're looking to the future then BTC.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
Actually I'd rather accept in a fixed BTC rate, but in contrary I'm in a USD based payment campaign, well, long term campaign matters the most.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
It depends what a lot of people do with their income, there's no avoiding that they are people who require their signature funds to actually survive and buy food and water for themselves, 150 or so USD a week is a decent sum in some countries, and I am sure that those people would much prefer weekly/daily payments that where set in the USD value (can't buy essentials with BTC just yet!).

As for some of the more fortunate people, I enjoy acquiring some free BTC in my spare time as it helps fuel my trading addition and also gives me a bit more bankroll when it comes to trading, and even makes me feel like I can spend the extra 500 dollars and get the higher-spec model laptop, if that makes sense?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
BTC. I use signature campaigns to accumulate BTC which I hold for fun, use to purchase things guilt-free (right now I'm saving up for some gold!), so on and so forth. I find I get some kind of mental block once I've got cash in hand or in my bank account that I don't get when I spend earned BTC - very weird, but it works fine for me and I guess it helps me to save money Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
If you mean a fixed price in BTC or the respective value of X USD but in BTC, then I prefer in BTC. After all, 1 BTC = 1BTC and I like to think that I'm getting paid real BTCs for my "work" and not dollars but through BTC. Confusing? Maybe. But that's how I feel. Smiley

Also, probably not what you're talking about, but if I was getting paid in USD for that, I would just buy BTC right away. Pretty much all I get in this forum and other ventures is used to increase my BTC holdings.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

You prefer to receive USD when the bears are still winning as it is of course stable. You don't worry even if BTC take a nose dive over and over since you have a fix amount of USD in BTC. Accepting BTC rate is much appreciated when its price is going up.

If in USD, the conversion I guess depends to the manager but you are right seeing how much the value will change in seconds will be a surprise for you when case like what happen yesterday that BTC suddenly jumps up.

Activity: 406
Merit: 104
Convert Crypto at BestChange
Honestly, I prefer both. Though we usually get Bitcoin for some specific bounties/signature campaign. But recently I saw in temtum bounty campaign and they offer USD pegged tem coins. So, every bounty hunters are happy that whatever happens in the market, they will get payment in USD value. Payment in BTC, ETH is preferable because anyone can exchange these coins very easily, not because it can go up.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
There's no clear winner, since BTC can net you gains but at the same time, slide down while fiat is levied all the time but at least you can purchase more stuffs.

Personally, I'd go with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
Full disclosure when I posted this I had just left the mintdice sig campaign and put on the YoBit sig.
It had nothing to to with yahoo62278 / mintdice but a change in work that would probably not let me make the required posts for a while so I went to a no minimum post signature.

With the above being said. Between yesterday and today BTC went up a lot in value vs USD then came back down a bunch high of a bit over $10k USD down to about $9150
So in theory depending on when yahoo paid and when I got up and moved it there could be a significant change in value.

Yes, I know if I paid got for something .001 that too changed a lot but, since this is a board about bitcoin, I was just wondering how you want to get your pay computed.

It's probably not going to change how sig campaigns are run since it's between the manager and the people paying for it, but since there was such a large bounce it just kind of crossed my mind.
And if it is USD or other based, do you think the campaign manager should post I used this rate for conversion. Yeah, I know I can do the math in about 15 seconds but having it public might just look better.
Not sure.

Just some ramblings on a Saturday,

-Dave
Pages:
Jump to: