Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you make your HODL or dump decisions? - page 6. (Read 1868 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I've been holding this token called 'SUBX' for a while now, maybe a month. Quite a big bag of it. I'm not sure if I should continue holding or let go and take what i have.

I believe in the project, but it hasn't been doing well in terms of price.
Utility wise, they already have 4 apps released and doing work with universities so I am confident it won't be a rug pull.
Reflections are delicious and community is nice.

But whales that bought during presale got impatient and left, and with the market bleeding past few weeks the price is slowly declining. Team says they are looking long-term with real utility (which they do deliver) but that doesn't directly relate to price does it?

Some words of advice would be really good. Thanks.

What caught my attention is that you made mention of the market bleeding which true, then how can a project now perform well when the market is not favourable. I am of the opinion that, before you even think of bagging such token in a huge way, you ought to know the risks and do so with your spare, this is because no one can predict the market and most of the times, hype helps to push some of these projects price, and when that hype fades, that's the end most times.
However, it is good you were able to point out that the team are really working but the market hasn't being favourable which is the case with some other projects. My own suggestion is, if the money used for the project is your spare, and you believed in the project and the team, then you can consider long term holding. A good project takes time to deliver because what speaks for it, is their use case which then generates the needed hype.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 520
First of all forget the whole professor coins they don't normally make any sense at all The most important things is the fundamentals and then trading volume If it has some good fundamentals and is working on it then basically it is likely going to make name but seriously if they are not working on any it my advice is dump it and buy some better dios and HODL thru

Trading volume can easily be faked although, thankfully, Coinmarketcap has done a lot of things to display the real trading volume as precisely as possible. What I also think is wrong is this binary thinking of HODL or dump. If you have 10 BTC why not sell only half of it and keep half or sell 30% and keep 70%? All too often is the question hold or dump, but you can also have a strategy in mind that is in between those two actions.
Activity: 568
Merit: 100
umachit.fund
First of all forget the whole professor coins they don't normally make any sense at all The most important things is the fundamentals and then trading volume If it has some good fundamentals and is working on it then basically it is likely going to make name but seriously if they are not working on any it my advice is dump it and buy some better dios and HODL thru

You are definitely right that the most important thing is fundamentals. But on the other hand, there are cases when a project offers something really innovative and promising, but they don’t have a good marketing campaign, that is why people are not aware of this project and that is why they don’t invest. So advertisement is also very important if you want to get profit from price rise.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Is it this token? (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/startup-boost-token)
If this is the token that you're holding and you've got a bad of it. I advise you to dump it as soon as possible. The trading volume is not impressive at all and you're likely to get stuck with this coin if you've chosen to hold it for a longer time. How much did you invest on it?
You've probably made a wrong choice buying a bag of it.

yes you are right, the SUBX token is very bad and has no bright future. From June 22 to July 22, 2021 the price of SUBX did not increase. I think it is better to sell it than to hold SUBX tokens and buy tokens that are better than SUBX tokens so we can quickly get profits.
This is the reason why I don't have some interest in this coin as it was obviously doesn't have any potentials and we can't make a good fortune on this project. As sooner or later, this coin will die. If that we saw that still has a market value and is still tradable, we certainly not miss this chance otherwise we just lose everything we put on this project.

If we are going to hold, it must be sure that we are holding the best and promising coin, not those coins that certainly don't have like SUBX.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
Activity: 1960
Merit: 273
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I usually evaluate time and effort spent to get some amount of Bitcoin or altcoin with current market price and make a decision. If I see that the price has dropped a lot, I would better hold. Also I often use strategy "easy come, easy go". If I get a token for easy tasks (like social media bounty, or launchpool on Binance, or from a rare airdrop I participate in) and its value is small, then I would rather sell it or convert it into something more reliable, than hold.
I also sell tokens generated from the bounty campaign immediately and do not hold long-term because the potential for the price drop is huge.
holding it would be very risky even if getting it for free. but changing and storing it with a smaller risk asset I think will be more profitable.

for your investment assets, if you miss the moment to exit the market during a dump. indeed the hope is to be forced to endure it. and turn the investment time into a long-term one. but it all also depends on the asset you are referring to. if it's like BTC and the top altcoins I guess it's fine to wait a long time to get their price back instead of having to go out with big losses.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
Is it this token? (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/startup-boost-token)
If this is the token that you're holding and you've got a bad of it. I advise you to dump it as soon as possible. The trading volume is not impressive at all and you're likely to get stuck with this coin if you've chosen to hold it for a longer time. How much did you invest on it?
You've probably made a wrong choice buying a bag of it.

yes you are right, the SUBX token is very bad and has no bright future. From June 22 to July 22, 2021 the price of SUBX did not increase. I think it is better to sell it than to hold SUBX tokens and buy tokens that are better than SUBX tokens so we can quickly get profits.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1207
I usually evaluate time and effort spent to get some amount of Bitcoin or altcoin with current market price and make a decision. If I see that the price has dropped a lot, I would better hold. Also I often use strategy "easy come, easy go". If I get a token for easy tasks (like social media bounty, or launchpool on Binance, or from a rare airdrop I participate in) and its value is small, then I would rather sell it or convert it into something more reliable, than hold.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 510
I just found out about the coin you mentioned, with this uncertain market situation you should continue to monitor the price of your coin, if your coin has reached a 100% profit, it's better to sell and buy back when the price drops
Activity: 1568
Merit: 324
https://duelbits.com/
If the coin is still under development then it does not hurt to maintain it first, and you must first see how the trading volume for the future if it increases then hold is the right choice, because it has a high probability that the coin can be in demand by many investors and the price will definitely increase.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
If I invest in top cryptocurrencies, then I don’t worry if even all the top cryptocurrencies in which I have invested will start to fall in price, as for example, it is happening now, because I know that after the correction there will be another market growth and then all the top cryptocurrencies in which I invested will start to grow again and will not just grow, but will reach new heights, but with new cryptocurrencies everything is different, there it is already necessary to make a decision by looking at the cryptocurrency market and at the development of the cryptocurrencies themselves.

Personally I invest for a long period only in projects I believe in and I really like. And it doesn’t matter for me if it is falling, I buy it more and more every month.

So you should review the prospects of this token again and then make your decision. But don’t forget, that almost all crypto currencies are decreasing now, so consider this as well.
Activity: 633
Merit: 14
Dumping in panic is not a good solution you will have to be positive, it happened with many people in the past that they have dumbed their tokens in panic and regret later. The project seems in early stage if you really believe in this project then you should consider to have more patience maybe it can be beneficial for you in long term although it's all depend on the development process if the project team keeps working on it then you must not lose hope.
all decisions based on panic will result in nothing but regret.
The market is built on analysis and planning. we can do it patiently. believe in the plans that we make from the beginning is an obligation to avoid panic.
although the market moves pump and dump we already know where we can benefit. most importantly it remains important to make decisions. don't have regrets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
I've been holding this token called 'SUBX' for a while now, maybe a month. Quite a big bag of it. I'm not sure if I should continue holding or let go and take what i have.

Utility wise, they already have 4 apps released and doing work with universities so I am confident it won't be a rug pull.

But whales that bought during presale got impatient and left, and with the market bleeding past few weeks the price is slowly declining. Team says they are looking long-term with real utility (which they do deliver) but that doesn't directly relate to price does it?

I research and analyse these projects then understand that you are new to the cryptocurrency. Why don't you guys take advice before investing? Old altcoins are way better than new altcoins, but all new ones aren't bad. Everyday new altcoins are listed in the CMC but survive a few in a month. A big piece of advice, we don't know the real demand for new altcoins until we listed some good exchange.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 11
Dumping in panic is not a good solution you will have to be positive, it happened with many people in the past that they have dumbed their tokens in panic and regret later. The project seems in early stage if you really believe in this project then you should consider to have more patience maybe it can be beneficial for you in long term although it's all depend on the development process if the project team keeps working on it then you must not lose hope.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
For me, i only hodl coins that are top in the market exchange. I hodl coins like ETH, XRP, and also new tokens that has a good productivity and has a potential to grow their project platform in the long run. Since hodl is a critical move to invest if we don't have trust on what we hodl and afraid that the coin we hodl wouldn't give us profit in the long run.
good decision. I used to like to collect ethereum, little by little, my ethereum became a lot, and no matter what the price was, I kept holding it. however, I sold them all when the price was close to $1k. Well, I've benefited from that. Currently, I plan to do the same with BNB. the point is, we need to hold it little by little and sell it when the price is high enough.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
For me, i only hodl coins that are top in the market exchange. I hodl coins like ETH, XRP, and also new tokens that has a good productivity and has a potential to grow their project platform in the long run. Since hodl is a critical move to invest if we don't have trust on what we hodl and afraid that the coin we hodl wouldn't give us profit in the long run.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
If I invest in top cryptocurrencies, then I don’t worry if even all the top cryptocurrencies in which I have invested will start to fall in price, as for example, it is happening now, because I know that after the correction there will be another market growth and then all the top cryptocurrencies in which I invested will start to grow again and will not just grow, but will reach new heights, but with new cryptocurrencies everything is different, there it is already necessary to make a decision by looking at the cryptocurrency market and at the development of the cryptocurrencies themselves.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
You should know the plan before investing mate because that's how we deal in cryptocurrency investing.

If you really believe in this project then why hesitate now? you are doubtful and not really trusting this.

Whales are only bagging money and never trust them to think about small investors .
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

If dev is not active anymore and the channel is already moderated and writing is restricted that is a first sign you need to dump the token  if you are late you are going to lose a lot, the opposite applies you are going to Hodl a coin where development is ongoing and the developers are very active in their channel in giving updates to their supporters, a shit coin has an inactive developer.
Activity: 504
Merit: 57
I will advise you to keep holding if truly the token has a good use case as you have stated since the token already has 4 working apps the price will diffidently pick at the right time just have patience and look away from the market for a while let us say a year you will be surprised when you come back to see your profit.
Pages:
Jump to: