Pages:
Author

Topic: How does Luke Jr expect segwit to be activated? - page 2. (Read 1211 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
many people said Luke JR is a mad man, i didn't believe them.

then he started with the UASF and the way he talked, which to be honest looked like he wants miners to block SegWit and go to BU just to disagree with him!

and people said he is a mad man, and i didn't believe them.

and worse of all the POW change! that was the last straw for me to change my mind.

now i am starting to believe them. i just hope the madness doesn't ruin SegWit for us.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Luke JR is on record claiming Litecoin is a scamcoin:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3815348

He is also recently on record claiming segwit will eventually activate:

So the question is clear... how does Luke Jr expect segwit is going to get activated? when is "eventually"? How isn't LTC going to keep going up while BTC has all this drama about segwit?

We are never going to have 95% consensus, and all other alternatives don't look good and don't bring certainty. UASF and so on, could end up badly.

Are you just praying to mother Mary or something? tell us. We want segwit as much as you (except the usual trolls) but let's be realistic, I don't see it happening, which means it's time to pick up some cheap LTC.

Isn't it evident after all what's been happening around that's it's not going to happen, and he knows it to. He will never reach the numbers, and no one actually wants it but this I feel is a attempt to stop the Bitcoin price  momentum. I don't think we should give his statement any attention cause now he can't fool us into believing that it shall happen, why can't he stop doing such gimmicks and just let Bitcoin live in peace for good.

How does nobody want it? Most people want segwit. Most people run Core nodes that support segwit, and all experts and 75% of merchants and service providers want segwit. Segwit is being blocked mostly by a couple of miners.

What i want to know is, why is Luke JR saying we will eventually have it, when it's obvious miners aren't going to activate it.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

So the question is clear... how does Luke Jr expect segwit is going to get activated? when is "eventually"? How isn't LTC going to keep going up while BTC has all this drama about segwit?

We are never going to have 95% consensus, and all other alternatives don't look good and don't bring certainty. UASF and so on, could end up badly.

Are you just praying to mother Mary or something? tell us. We want segwit as much as you (except the usual trolls) but let's be realistic, I don't see it happening, which means it's time to pick up some cheap LTC.

Isn't it evident after all what's been happening around that's it's not going to happen, and he knows it to. He will never reach the numbers, and no one actually wants it but this I feel is a attempt to stop the Bitcoin price  momentum. I don't think we should give his statement any attention cause now he can't fool us into believing that it shall happen, why can't he stop doing such gimmicks and just let Bitcoin live in peace for good.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
What's with people misusing the word scam all the time?!

If it's a scam, it's designed to steal people's money.  Litecoin is blatantly not and they haven't scammed anyone so they're not a scamcoin.  You could argue that they're a shitcoin if you had some reasoning to back it up (although I would disagree) but these words have definitions.  Using it like this just removes all meaning.

I would like to know too how Luke JR expects segwit to activate when obviously all indicators point to it never activating.

And I would like to know why he calls LTC a scam. I guess it's because it's a clone of bitcoin and that's about it, but how is it a scam? LTC doesn't advertise itself as anything else. And now that BTC can't get segwit and LTC can, LTC has extra value and has actually technically surpassed BTC.
It's not really a clone, just minor adaptions like the Scrypt mining algorithm and 2.5 minute time between blocks.  At the time when it was created, there weren't hundreds of coins doing the same thing yet and Litecoin being one of the first to make proper adaptions is what gives it real credibility today.  It's no shitcoin and it is relevant to whether people think SegWit is practical.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

If it's a scam, it's designed to steal people's money.  Litecoin is blatantly not and they haven't scammed anyone so they're not a scamcoin.  You could argue that they're a shitcoin if you had some reasoning to back it up (although I would disagree) but these words have definitions.  Using it like this just removes all meaning.

I would like to know too how Luke JR expects segwit to activate when obviously all indicators point to it never activating.

And I would like to know why he calls LTC a scam. I guess it's because it's a clone of bitcoin and that's about it, but how is it a scam? LTC doesn't advertise itself as anything else. And now that BTC can't get segwit and LTC can, LTC has extra value and has actually technically surpassed BTC.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

Pages:
Jump to: