Pages:
Author

Topic: How effective is biowaste energy in bitcoin mining - page 2. (Read 356 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
It make zero difference what the biowaste power is used for. Power is power and typically biowaste is used to produce methane that in turn is piped to homes for heat & cooking and of course can also used to power generators.

Regardless of the end use it all boils down to how much methane the system produces and how efficient the generators are.

True, furthermore, what really matters the most is the price of the energy, let us assume I figure out a way of generating power out of thin air at no cost, and I can sell that power for 10 cents per kWh, if I use that power to mine BTC when the average miner pays only 6 cents then technically i am losing potential profit. 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
Yes. I think bio-waste has the potential to supplement other sources of energy, but I do not think it will replace them completely. Bio-waste energy is still a relatively new technology and there are some limitations to its scalability. It is not a silver bullet, but it can certainly contribute to a more sustainable energy mix. And as the technology continues to improve and become more efficient, we can expect to see more widespread adoption of bio-waste energy in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
It make zero difference what the biowaste power is used for. Power is power and typically biowaste is used to produce methane that in turn is piped to homes for heat & cooking but of course can also be used to power generators.

Regardless of the end use it all boils down to how much methane the system produces and how efficient the generators are.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1047
Nigeria cost of power supply is high and still not constant in most areas and so is not profitable to mine Bitcoin, Using Solar energy may work but the geographical region matters, Using Biowaste energy seems like the most possible way to be profitable in Bitcoin mining in Nigeria. I will like to know the estimated cost of setting up with Biowaste power supply and also how good is biowaste energy for mining bitcoin
Estimated cost? I didn't know anyone deals with biowaste.... however, it cannot be good or bad, if you have energy it is good, maybe you asking how efficient it is, but that should be tested.

If i plainly think about it, there's more than a way of making energy with biowaste, not completely sure what biowaste entiles tho.
Activity: 490
Merit: 311
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Nigeria cost of power supply is high and still not constant in most areas and so is not profitable to mine Bitcoin, Using Solar energy may work but the geographical region matters, Using Biowaste energy seems like the most possible way to be profitable in Bitcoin mining in Nigeria. I will like to know the estimated cost of setting up with Biowaste power supply and also how good is biowaste energy for mining bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: