Pages:
Author

Topic: How Ethereum Classic will exceed Ethereum in market cap. - page 3. (Read 2827 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Here's the route in which ETC will surpass ETH if it does:

It's like a positive feedback loop. It could bring down ETH and replace it with ETC.

So you're the average ETH holder for the technology. You want to use or see the use of smart contracts in the future or whatever. Now ETH moves sideways, but ETC keeps increasing in both hash and market cap everyday. Now you get nervous over holding ETH even if it is moving sideways since ETC is growing rapidly and you can tell it is getting more attention than ETH. The logical thing to do is to sell your ETH and buy ETC at some benchmark you've set for yourself. I bought it right away out of ideological reasons. Others might have a certain price or like a % out of ETH cap, and so fourth... but the thing is that ETC might actually take down ETH based on this argument I lay out for you all.

Because as time progresses and ETC price increases more and more will sell their ETH in favor for ETC causing ETC to appreciate in price even more. The thing is that ETH doesn't necessarily need to go up or down for ETC to succeed but it seems likely it could go down some in the future should this scenario play out which I think it will.

And if the market cap and userbase of ETC exceed ETH at some point then every developer and business will begin to focus on ETC instead.. that's just business. So the argument about dapps is not really a concern of mine.

They take this fork and kill pos and make it a pow coined one and all the rest of the gpu miners will move over imho
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Here's the route in which ETC will surpass ETH if it does:

It's like a positive feedback loop. It could bring down ETH and replace it with ETC.

So you're the average ETH holder for the technology. You want to use or see the use of smart contracts in the future or whatever. Now ETH moves sideways, but ETC keeps increasing in both hash and market cap everyday. Now you get nervous over holding ETH even if it is moving sideways since ETC is growing rapidly and you can tell it is getting more attention than ETH. The logical thing to do is to sell your ETH and buy ETC at some benchmark you've set for yourself. I bought it right away out of ideological reasons. Others might have a certain price or like a % out of ETH cap, and so fourth... but the thing is that ETC might actually take down ETH based on this argument I lay out for you all.

Because as time progresses and ETC price increases more and more will sell their ETH in favor for ETC causing ETC to appreciate in price even more. The thing is that ETH doesn't necessarily need to go up or down for ETC to succeed but it seems likely it could go down some in the future should this scenario play out which I think it will.

And if the market cap and userbase of ETC exceed ETH at some point then every developer and business will begin to focus on ETC instead.. that's just business. So the argument about dapps is not really a concern of mine.

Pages:
Jump to: