Pages:
Author

Topic: How Gamblers Gamble? - page 3. (Read 1190 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
July 24, 2016, 10:49:02 AM
Gamblers differ from one another because some play small amounts, some are real gamblers which put high stakes to their bets. There's no way how you can track how people gamble in slots or in roulette but you can have a look at where gamblers put their money on in soccer. I personally use the app futbol24 in my phone and I check everyday the votes to different teams.  I am not saying you are going to win, as in fact you can't even doing so, but this is just to give you an idea where the money of the betters go and you see how gamblers gamble.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2016, 09:59:43 AM
well I dont have any stats to back it up but I've been gambling for over 2 decades
and can tell you for sure when people lose and keep loosing they chase and make
their bets bigger. When they should do the opposite, when your on a hot run you
should bump up your bets and when your cold you should make smaller bets.

But I definitely would be interested seeing the numbers as well.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
July 24, 2016, 09:59:03 AM
I'm trying to analyze behavioral trends on gamblers. Does anyone have a source to compare mass amounts of data from moneypot or other sites? Or do you have some evidence?

Basically, what I'm trying to figure out is:

1) Do people gamble with odds that are above or below 50/50?
2) How do people respond to large losses (in the event of conservative betting) or large wins (in the opposite event)

all the users here can only speculate about your questions and give you some guesses at best which can even be so far off from the reality.

the only way of knowing this is either you have your own gambling site and analyze your site's stats or by asking a gambling site to give you some anonymous stats from their players over time so you can do some analysis of your own, but i don't think they will release this information if you don't have a good reason for it because it can be considered as an invasion of their user's privacy.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
July 24, 2016, 09:37:57 AM
since you are researching about games that have fixed house edge , how people gamble isn't important actually
this research would be great for poker and sportsbetting , since there are some gamblers who beat these games
but in fixed house edge , gamblers behavior or how they bet doesn't matter actually
just my opinion
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
July 24, 2016, 08:54:25 AM
People gamble in different ways and base in what they fee and what they thinkl, if they want some fun, if they want some big income and I dont think if they want some big loss. Because everyone has their own way to gamble and take the risks of it whether you lose and especially when you win.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 24, 2016, 08:46:17 AM
If you watch different users bets placed on a gambling site you can soon work out the strategy they use. The most common one I see is either martingale with 33% odds or very high odd bets with small amounts.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
July 24, 2016, 07:02:59 AM
everyone gamble with their own way, I think the gambler has always try and develop new method and sharpen their skill, i think most of the gambler ever gamble below 50/50 odds, an professional gambler always know how to handle lost, when they lost they will cool down and will back again to gamble and if they win big for sure there will be a party
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
July 24, 2016, 06:53:23 AM
I suggest to add poll to your thread to get real time data to make better analysis. Everyone person react differently to losses and wins. Some people come out with thread by accusing the gambling site at loss other just accept the reality and keep silent. It would be nice to know by your poll if you are interested to add one.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
July 24, 2016, 06:49:59 AM
I think that every person has unique style of gambling. Yes there are some methods that you can share, but anyway each person gamble how he or she feels.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
July 24, 2016, 06:45:43 AM
I'm trying to analyze behavioral trends on gamblers. Does anyone have a source to compare mass amounts of data from moneypot or other sites? Or do you have some evidence?

Basically, what I'm trying to figure out is:

1) Do people gamble with odds that are above or below 50/50?
2) How do people respond to large losses (in the event of conservative betting) or large wins (in the opposite event)
Pages:
Jump to: