Pages:
Author

Topic: How good is trezzor wallet - page 5. (Read 4214 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
July 19, 2015, 11:23:12 AM
besides this vulnerability, http://johoe.mooo.com/trezor-power-analysis/, which was fixed quickly you can say that it's relatively safe, no one know if in the future another hole like that will happen again...

remember that besides the vernam cipher nothing is 100% safe
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
July 19, 2015, 09:24:34 AM
Positives:

TREZOR is an offline Bitcoin wallet. It holds your private keys and know how to sign a transaction without the need to connect to the internet. Trezor seems to give you the best of both worlds as it acts as a highly secured cold storage (i.e. offline) device but still allows you flexibility when wanting to spend your coins. The device is pretty small and you can carry it around on your Keychain or even in your pocket. So you can store your Bitcoins offline on TREZOR and whenever you want to spend them just connect your TREZOR device to any computer and you can spend them. TREZOR uses a limited USB connection – just like your computer mouse or keyboard. A mouse tells the computer where it is, but the computer cannot move the mouse. So only Bitcoin transactions can go from the computer to Trezor and back. This is why even compromised and infected computers can be used with TREZOR safely.

Negatives:

None that outweighs the positives. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 19, 2015, 07:45:52 AM
I found it a little bit difficult at first, but it is a very secure way to use and store your Bitcoin. As Slark says it is only worthwhile if you have quite a bit of value in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
July 19, 2015, 06:53:26 AM
It depends if you are rich enough and owns a lot of coins you want to put in Trezzor. Currently Trezor hardware wallet cost something like $120 and I've seen people who keep less than $100 value of bitcoin on their hardware wallet that is huge waste imo. If you want to keep more than dozen Bitcoins there its is fine if you buy one. You could, however, be safe enough without spending a penny on hardware wallet. Your choice.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
July 19, 2015, 06:51:12 AM
i only heard pos things about it.

there are other hardware wallets too:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-bitcoin-hardware-wallets-secure-your-coins-899253

in any case i would recommend to split your funds. 30% hardware wallet; 30% paper wallet....
Activity: 980
Merit: 508
July 19, 2015, 06:47:54 AM
Any thoughts? I want to store by BTC safely and securely offline. Anybody got any experience of using trezzor for that? Positives and negatives?
Pages:
Jump to: