Pages:
Author

Topic: How high will BTC dominance go? - page 2. (Read 322 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 13
August 28, 2018, 09:47:01 AM
BTC dominance seems to continue creeping on upwards. How high do you think it will go without an actual bull run?
And how high have you seen it go?
I still think it's nothing, this movement is only temporary, 4 months must be followed, I think it's still 50%, if it increases the estimate by around 60%, or it can go down again, I see a few minutes up and down
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
August 28, 2018, 09:25:59 AM
It predicted to increase up to $7900 or up to $8400 USD but I think we can see it on the Month of October, and unlikely a correction may occur again by November and December, So we will drop to $6700, I really think this year would still be a bearish trend for us and unlike in the last year Bullish year we had it will sure creep on us up to next Mid year of 2019, But I guess it is still a good thing that the price will not drop significantly lower than that so it is still a good thing.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
August 28, 2018, 09:19:46 AM
BTC dominance seems to continue creeping on upwards. How high do you think it will go without an actual bull run?

In reality bitcoin dominance is much greater than coinmarketcap shows. A lot of alts have artificially inflated caps, it will go away soon. Many projects will fail.
Yes, I think also some traders now have a choice in altcoins from 100% of bitcoin dominance but it less with altcoins 20% and the rest in bitcoin. Many emerging ICO's projects and a ton of investors having a wrong choice and indeed they will get scam. We could not predict how long it will be run the good dominance in bitcoin but one thing I am sure, it is good to that the market dominance of bitcoin is 60% to 75% dominance for sure that has a good profit.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257
August 28, 2018, 08:47:28 AM

In reality bitcoin dominance is much greater than coinmarketcap shows. A lot of alts have artificially inflated caps, it will go away soon. Many projects will fail.
Activity: 278
Merit: 101
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
August 28, 2018, 08:42:31 AM
I think btc dominance should and will stay between 50% and 60%. We need bitcoin to stay much stronger than the others for a simple reason. The people that dont know much about crypto know only about bitcoin, is bitcoin is strong, they probably will invest, so dominant bitcoin will bring more people to crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
August 28, 2018, 08:22:06 AM
it is very hard to say. there is not much room to go up higher than 99%. I don't think bitcoin can ever become 100% dominant because there are still altcoins out there with some potential which are currently taking that 1% from bitcoin and dropping its dominance to 99% and I don't really think it can go any higher than that.

as for total market capitalization, bitcoin's ration will continue to go down because it is very easy to create shitcoins in a second. and even if bitcoin is worth $1 million per coin its market cap can not compete with 2000 (by then it will be 10000) shitcoins each of which has billions of tokens created which make their market caps bloat.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
August 28, 2018, 08:06:33 AM
I want 100% bitcoin dominance,0% altcoins and 1 trillion cryptocurrency(bitcoin only) market cap. Grin
All those altcoins make me think that the crypto world is focused too much on the wrong topics,like altcoins day trading(pump&dump),ICO projects,crypto exchange platforms.The crypto world should be focused only on making bitcoin more popular and spreading the adoption of btc across more countries.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
August 28, 2018, 07:56:09 AM
There is really no limit to it. I mean I don't think it will ever be %90 or whatever but I think it is quite limitless how far it can go up or go down. There is literally no barrier that just stops it when it reaches to something. It can go up or down but never really change anything in the market.

When bitcoin goes up, sometimes other coins "go down" in bitcoin value but when you look at their dollar value their dollar value usually stays the same, hence when you look at the dominance sometimes even when bitcoin goes up, dominance stays same. Hence, don't worry about the dominance but focus on seeing greens on the market for couple days in a row, when you see that, that is usually the sign of bull run which will fix this dominance and make all of the coins gain value and not just couple of them.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 506
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 28, 2018, 04:20:30 AM
I'd like to see it at 70% though it's quite too high but it will slap out all altcoins.
Last year's highest was around only 45% and it was able to break it out this month with 54.5% dominance.
Without any bull run, I think its possible to reach 60%.
Activity: 76
Merit: 2
August 28, 2018, 04:12:48 AM
I don't know.

During the last bull runs BTC dominance was sinking because people started to invest in Altcoins again.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
August 28, 2018, 04:05:04 AM

I think it might top out at 60% or so ... max maybe 65%.

Basically there are lots of alts, however the alts that will lose the most don't have a large enough market cap to make a difference.

The top 10 or top 25 are already at 90% losses from ATH and they will probably not go much lower.

And when the BTC bull rally starts most likely the dominance might start flattening or dropping actually.
Activity: 138
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 02:58:56 AM
Pages:
Jump to: