Pages:
Author

Topic: How I quit my smartphone addiction and really started living - page 2. (Read 4291 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 250
I would suggest find another hobby or what ever that can make u busy and as long as its useful and profitable.

Only with the advent of the smartphone, I began to develop a little dependence, but then I learned to control myself.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
Destroy all your gadgets and start living with your life , we all are in new technology and everyone is using smartphones everyone likes internet and they can't live without checking their social media accounts. I think this could be a hard problem for those who wants to quit for real.

But without gadgets, it's impossible to work right now. After all, they were primarily created for the development of the work process.
All opponents of high technology must already accept the fact that they
will have to live in a world with high technologies. There is no way back,
except for a nuclear explosion, which will bring us back to the past,
because everything will be destroyed.
Activity: 287
Destroy all your gadgets and start living with your life , we all are in new technology and everyone is using smartphones everyone likes internet and they can't live without checking their social media accounts. I think this could be a hard problem for those who wants to quit for real.

But without gadgets, it's impossible to work right now. After all, they were primarily created for the development of the work process.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
I'm not dependent on my smartphone Cheesy I use it only for work and urgent communication with my family.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Well, smartphones are not that bad. They depend on what you use them for, pretty much like any other technology. I, myself, am not addicted to my phone (I'm addicted to my PC, though Tongue), because I don't like Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, What's App, etc. However, I see that they could affect people's lives in a good way. It eased my father's work, for example.
I also thought that not depend on my mobile until once forgot it at home. I passed only half a day. Had to go to the other end of the city to get it. Notebook there, watch there, calendar and reminders are there and the phone's there, too. And you remember a lot of phone numbers?

LOL that's the doenside of technology though. Had the ssme experience when i forgot my phone. I'm anxious pretty much the whole day. I'm losing sleep. Sometimes even forget to do importsnt things while spending the while day scrolling and watching. Though i've had an experience where i went to a remkte location without any cellulat signal and got one of the best sleeps of my life
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I am not addicted to my smartphone, but my partner does... He is always using his phone, chatting qith froends, playing games, etc..  i am really fed up with his behavior...

This is one of the reasons a lot of families (with children of course) actually collect their kids and their friends phones when they come to the door to ensure that they aren't using their phones the entire time and people are actually interacting with each-other. It's a good alternative and could force a kid to stop though it doesn't seem very bright as kids love to do things their parents don't like in the least.

Using your phone too much is also looked down upon, at least while you're in social situations and avoid them to play on your phone. So I could fully understand the pain you'd be in regarding all of this.

I do applaud OP here for actually getting the phone out of your hands and starting to live life, may seem like something so small but it's hard me for me to put the phone down and lots of other people. It's easy to be attracted to everything the internet has to offer.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
Well, smartphones are not that bad. They depend on what you use them for, pretty much like any other technology. I, myself, am not addicted to my phone (I'm addicted to my PC, though Tongue), because I don't like Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, What's App, etc. However, I see that they could affect people's lives in a good way. It eased my father's work, for example.
I also thought that not depend on my mobile until once forgot it at home. I passed only half a day. Had to go to the other end of the city to get it. Notebook there, watch there, calendar and reminders are there and the phone's there, too. And you remember a lot of phone numbers?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1363
Slava Ukraini!
Honestly, I can't imagine my life without smartphone and it's really big problem.
I spend to much time by using smartphone. Checking FB all day long, chating with friends insted of meeting them, bitcointalk also eats lot of time, and this is only few main things I mentioned.
In general, only ~10 years ago mobile phones was used only for calling and SMS and it looked as normal thing and now we can't imagine our lives without these small computers, called as smartphones.
Activity: 994
Merit: 302
Not really addicted to social media, I just go check FB every once in a while. There are days though when I open the article, copy the entire thing, and paste it as comment in that post. Doing the free data guys a favor, they are easy picking for propagandists.

I would admit I spend a lot of time on Youtube, watching and replying on comments.  Grin And I do play Minecraft though I've been able  to stay away from it for a full month now. Sucks all of my free time. Another thing that I spend my time with my phone is reading ebooks, though I don't consider that waste since I tend to read mostly non-fiction.

Best way to kick the addiction - is not buy one Smiley

That's not an option these days, I'm afraid.
Activity: 160
Best way to kick the addiction - is not buy one Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Now even funny just to look at photos of the old phone. I can't understand how you can voluntarily give up modern technology. I don't use all the features of my smartphone, but the features that I use very making it any easier.

Dude, we have been getting by without smartphone for the greater part of human history. Hell, electricity for that matter. I'm of the opposite mind, I don't understand why the average person actually needs a cell phone. They would be better off with a dumb phone and a laptoo, or in some cases, just a landline.

My generation was the last born before smartphone were so unique, however. They don't hold an appeal/familiarity with me.
I was born when it is not the fact that mobile phones did not have computers. I can compare how it was then and as it is now. I don't want to go back. I like to live among the new technologies. It is very convenient.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
I have a smartphone actually I have two of them but I am not obsessed by it since I am using an old mobile phones for call and text only. I am using one of my mobile phones as a router for internet WIFI so that I could do my online job using my pc and lastly the other smartphones that I have was only for games when I was very bored and during my rest time during weekends.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
Now even funny just to look at photos of the old phone. I can't understand how you can voluntarily give up modern technology. I don't use all the features of my smartphone, but the features that I use very making it any easier.

Dude, we have been getting by without smartphone for the greater part of human history. Hell, electricity for that matter. I'm of the opposite mind, I don't understand why the average person actually needs a cell phone. They would be better off with a dumb phone and a laptoo, or in some cases, just a landline.

My generation was the last born before smartphone were so unique, however. They don't hold an appeal/familiarity with me.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 218
You do know there's an off button on mobile phones, don't you? If you don't want to be bothered, you can just switch if off.

That's not the point. If she had the cellphone on airplane mode, it would only be a matter of time before she turns it off to look something up. And no it's not as easy as saying she doesn't have any will power. She also doesn't want to be bothered ever, so no point in having a phone on airplane mode.
I'm not talking cellphone on airplane mode but turn off you phone and if that ways not working well you can live on some place not on range your eyes.
A mobile phone is very convenient. I too without it has itself no idea. Who wants to transfer from the car to the horse?

Yes, it is very convenient and even useful within reasonable limits. I am very pleased with this progress of technology that allows you to make the world better.
Activity: 290
You do know there's an off button on mobile phones, don't you? If you don't want to be bothered, you can just switch if off.

That's not the point. If she had the cellphone on airplane mode, it would only be a matter of time before she turns it off to look something up. And no it's not as easy as saying she doesn't have any will power. She also doesn't want to be bothered ever, so no point in having a phone on airplane mode.
I'm not talking cellphone on airplane mode but turn off you phone and if that ways not working well you can live on some place not on range your eyes.
A mobile phone is very convenient. I too without it has itself no idea. Who wants to transfer from the car to the horse?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
Tho I usuall am usin my phone because this is my where I get my income fro sidelines, I am not that kind of person who always look at their phone even when someone is with them. It pisses me off when people are constantly usin their phone while I am with them ad I view is as  rudeness. How I wish everyone will know that it is not healthy.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Pages:
Jump to: