Pages:
Author

Topic: How influential is crypto worldwide? - page 6. (Read 758 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
January 02, 2024, 11:42:51 AM
Coinweb says that the total number of crypto wallets worldwide is 84.02 million,  a significant portion of users from Europe and the U.S. That makes for 420+ million crypto users. 

What do we consider a user to be?
Because if somebody is not actively using Bitcoin or other crypto daily and are just storing them on Binance or Kraken then that's no different than calling nobody a Tesla user because he has stocks in it and not because he has a car.

And I'm not buying that close to half a billion number, just look redound you, does it feel like one in ten persons is a crypto user?
The number is way smaller than this, I would even dare to say by an order of magnitude, 40 million sounds way more plausible than 400 million.

Activity: 672
Merit: 16
Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror
January 02, 2024, 11:34:04 AM
I don't like marketcap as a measurement.
I prefer networkactivity, unfortunately the NY Stock exchange has none.
In most networks marketcap is used to express their influence over finance.
Here you see how much crypto holds. 
Activity: 1512
Merit: 351
January 02, 2024, 11:20:38 AM
Another thing to put into perspective is that many of those.conoanies are over sixty years old now and Bitcoin which is the oldest cryptocurrency is 14 years.

Comparing both industries with very different launch times does not give any accurate suggestions.
I agree because it's like comparing a young and strong individual to a weak senior citizen. So this is the battle of centralized and decentralized assets right? For me it does not make any sense because they run on different platforms, technology or asset classes as you may call it. Why compare if you can have both assets right?

For me crypto is more influencial and is also a future proof kind of asset.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
January 02, 2024, 11:05:08 AM
How long they have been running is one thing to consider when comparing like @Upgrade00 mentioned.

Moreover there are lot of differences between stocks and crypto. These are two different asset classes and its another apples vs oranges comparison here.

These companies are also assumed to have their own ownership of crypto which they may not show off to the public. Whatever be the statistics, I would play it same and get the best of both worlds. You need all types of assets in your folio to make it diverse enough to cover bad times.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager
January 02, 2024, 10:55:12 AM
Another thing to put into perspective is that many of those.conoanies are over sixty years old now and Bitcoin which is the oldest cryptocurrency is 14 years.

Comparing both industries with very different launch times does not give any accurate suggestions.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
Looking for guilt best look first into a mirror
January 02, 2024, 10:32:36 AM
I wonder how large is the financial product Crypto as a whole.

Comparing just to the NY stock exchange can put a lot into perspective:

VS

I believe that most of the financial cloud comes from the US, maybe also the EU.
Anyone having statistics from other parts of the world please let us know Wink

Coinweb says that the total number of crypto wallets worldwide is 84.02 million,  a significant portion of users from Europe and the U.S. That makes for 420+ million crypto users.

Quite a lot.   
Pages:
Jump to: