Pages:
Author

Topic: How is mining successful nowadays - page 2. (Read 1996 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 102
September 10, 2017, 03:46:28 PM

0.09 is marginal for long-term mining. It's been viable since about Febuary this year due to a massive price jump on almost all cryptocoins, but profitability has been dropping a LOT the last couple months as the price rise leveled out and more and more rigs got online to raise the difficulty - and that trend will probably continue for a while since most of the BIG farms are in places with very cheap electric (under 5c/kwh and often more like 3).

Bitcoinwisdom calculator has a "diff increase percentage" field in the calculator, which is a lot better than the "nothing" most other calculators offer.

Wow.  Where do they have electricity at 0.03-0.05 per Kwh?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
September 10, 2017, 03:29:01 PM
bitcoin is not profitable anymore. you should try altcoins. but if you will keep your bitcoins you can mine.
Bullsh**
For both BTC or altcoin mining only 2 things matter:
Cost of your electric
Being able to deal with the heat and noise produced

Cover those 2 things and you are Golden. The >US$8k/mo in gross revenue my 240THs farm makes is hardly chicken feed.

Is $0.09 per KWH workable? If so what mining hardware do you recommend?

Also do you know any good calculator (or how tos for a spreadsheet) to take into account changing difficulty over time? 

0.09 is marginal for long-term mining. It's been viable since about Febuary this year due to a massive price jump on almost all cryptocoins, but profitability has been dropping a LOT the last couple months as the price rise leveled out and more and more rigs got online to raise the difficulty - and that trend will probably continue for a while since most of the BIG farms are in places with very cheap electric (under 5c/kwh and often more like 3).

Bitcoinwisdom calculator has a "diff increase percentage" field in the calculator, which is a lot better than the "nothing" most other calculators offer.
Activity: 153
Merit: 102
September 10, 2017, 04:49:44 AM
bitcoin is not profitable anymore. you should try altcoins. but if you will keep your bitcoins you can mine.
Bullsh**
Cost of your electric

Cover those 2 things and you are Golden. The >US$8k/mo in gross revenue my 240THs farm makes is hardly chicken feed.

Is $0.09 per KWH workable? If so what mining hardware do you recommend?

Also do you know any good calculator (or how tos for a spreadsheet) to take into account changing difficulty over time? 
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
September 09, 2017, 07:19:43 PM
Bullsh**
Cost of your electric

POS or proof of stakes coin does not require any of those. You can mine even if your pc is turned off but it needs to have some capital because you have to buy some coins that needs to age in your wallet before it can start mining. You just need to join supernodes and you are good. You check see NEM so you can find out how to mine by pos.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
September 09, 2017, 07:02:07 PM
Bullsh**
Cost of your electric

What you said is correct that electricity cost and dealing with heat and noise produced should be handled first, then only you mining will be profitable. Instead of mining bitcoin you can min altcoins which are giving good returns in both mining and when mined the price should be good to exchange to btc.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 06:49:17 PM

This is true. To a commercial grade mining altcoins will be the best choice, billionaires companies like McFee supports Bitcoin because they can support the necessary hardwares, maintenance and operations. It would be bad for them if the price will be below 3000$. They are one of the reasons why bitcoins system is running, and it would be bad if China will raid BTC mining farms there.
On the other hand I think Zcash is a good altcoin to mine.
Monero is also reaching hardfork.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
September 09, 2017, 03:36:51 PM
Bullsh**
Cost of your electric

Activity: 493
Merit: 250
September 09, 2017, 10:36:12 AM
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020
September 09, 2017, 05:47:20 AM
For newcomers, it is preferable to mine different altcoins and not only Bitcoin, or sell their hash power to NiceHash or MiningRigRentals. According to WhatToMine is DEM the best profitable coin to mine while Bitcoin is behind Bitcoin Cash and Nicehash.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
September 09, 2017, 05:38:44 AM
It isn't, We're about to be hit by a 25% diff increase next week. which means all BTC miners are fucked if the price doesn't increase another 25%
'
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
September 09, 2017, 04:36:31 AM
Since I am having no experience in mining so please tell how mining can help newcomers like me
Pages:
Jump to: