Pages:
Author

Topic: How is the cost of living in your country? - page 7. (Read 1868 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Petrol is over $2.10 a liter and my water and electricity bills have also increased by about 15%.

Petroleum products impact the inflation rate of social living directly and according to your mention, the petrol price in your area is 2.10$ per liter, in my country petroleum products inflated by 100% in the past 10 months even during the COVID pandemic when the per barrel prices were 126$ Pakistan government was selling petrol by the rate of <150RS and currently it's around 267RS per liter when per barrel prices are below 100$ from a long time still if you convert the AUSD to PKR about 20 RS cheaper then your area but our social inflation for essential consuming products is above 40℅ in just past 10 months.

Hard time is going on but as you know time passes whether it's hard or peaceful.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
At the moment I am about 29 years old and have been married for almost 3 years and have one child who is about a year old, my wife and I work and if combined we get a salary of around $ 900, the cost of living in my country continues to rise, and with that salary maybe only about $ 200 that we have left saving for the future, I'm always looking for other sources of income so that I can meet my ever-increasing needs.
Activity: 490
Merit: 302
~snip....
I would be curious to read of the experiences others around the world are having in regards to their cost of living.
Most of the population in the world today complains about the economic conditions. Global is currently in a crisis, many citizens complain about spending on daily needs, especially those with low incomes. This condition is not only you or your country who feel, but this condition is comprehensive. Even America, which is considered a superpower, also experienced the same thing with 0.5% economic growth. Even experts predict there will be a recession.
Maybe the solution with skills to get a second job. But the government must also step in to help small and medium enterprises. Thus the community's economic growth will increase.
But for those elderly retirees what can they do? They are no longer able to work with jobs that squeeze energy. Apart from only using pension money, of course their children and relatives can help them in the rest of their old age.
I also agree with you that the increase in staple foodstuffs is due to the global economic conditions that are currently experiencing a crisis. Living with lots of money can be a hope for everyone. With it, people can buy as much as they want, eat as much as they want, or as much as they like on vacation. However, not everyone can feel this way because sometimes even if there is a lot of money with a high standard of living in a country, a lot of money is still meaningless.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 110
I am a 32 year old male living in Australia.

Today I purchased some fresh fruit, a loaf of good bread, good quality milk and 2kg of chicken drumsticks for my German Shepherd (he eats human food only) and the cost was close to $50.

I feel this is the first time in my adult life I have genuinely noticed the rising cost of goods and services especially groceries.

Petrol is over $2.10 a litre and my water and electricity bills have also increased by about 15%.

I really feel bad for the elderly pensioners in this country. They are definitely struggling.

I would be curious to read of the experiences others around the world are having in regards to their cost of living.
The cost of living is very high in our country - people are cutting on their grocery. Most of the people are giving up on the pets as well because its difficult to keep dogs and cats because of the ban on imported items. Life is very difficult these days
Activity: 826
Merit: 753
Living Life with Hemophilia🤡
~snip~
After seeing this post of yours, now I am thinking that economic instability is happening only in third-world countries, it is not true, the same situation is seen in developed countries like Australia. However, compared to the cost of the things op buys, the cost of these goods in these third-world countries will less. What will happen if the cost is less, their income is much less than developed countries like Australia.
op Products will be priced in my country like
fruits- apple 1kg/1.87$ , Orange 1kg/2.06$ , Banana 12pcs 0.70$
Boiler Chicken- 2.06 1kg/2.06$
petrol- 1.245 $
Activity: 1524
Merit: 270
~snip....
Most of the population in the world today complains about the economic conditions. Global is currently in a crisis, many citizens complain about spending on daily needs, especially those with low incomes. This condition is not only you or your country who feel, but this condition is comprehensive. Even America, which is considered a superpower, also experienced the same thing with 0.5% economic growth. Even experts predict there will be a recession.
Maybe the solution with skills to get a second job. But the government must also step in to help small and medium enterprises. Thus the community's economic growth will increase.
But for those elderly retirees what can they do? They are no longer able to work with jobs that squeeze energy. Apart from only using pension money, of course their children and relatives can help them in the rest of their old age.
Activity: 164
Merit: 3
I think there is general inflation in the world, but as bad as you feel your country is presently can't be compared to the Hell of suffering people are going through in Nigeria. Inflation might be over 200% here and this is caused by evil greedy bad leaders who are bent on impovrishing the citizens with bad economic policies.
Cost of food has gone so high that majority of the citizens can feed normally, cost of transportation, no capital investment and development. Everything is gone wrong, so no matter the situation of your country, Australia is 100 times better than Nigeria. You guys ain't going through hard times.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
The cost of living in my country continues to increase especially most of the food ingredients such as rice, soybeans, wheat, corn and many more must be imported, 20 years ago my country plans to switch to industrial countries to become developed countries, but political policies that often change make investors from other countries Going and now life is increasingly difficult. I am currently working for about 3 years from graduating from school and gets a salary of around $ 600 per month, and living costs around $ 500 (room rent, eating, and oil for motorcycles)
I agree, that's why I took more sidelines now so that I could still have more money rather than earning only in corporate job but the salary is just enough to the living expense. I really hope that our government will take cool of it and I hope they will immediately resolved the issue. We're in a third world contry but our living expenses is little by little increase while our salary is still the same.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
The cost of living in my country continues to increase especially most of the food ingredients such as rice, soybeans, wheat, corn and many more must be imported, 20 years ago my country plans to switch to industrial countries to become developed countries, but political policies that often change make investors from other countries Going and now life is increasingly difficult. I am currently working for about 3 years from graduating from school and gets a salary of around $ 600 per month, and living costs around $ 500 (room rent, eating, and oil for motorcycles)
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
~Snipped~
Inflation is global, but some countries have been affected worse than others. On top of that, the inflation numbers don't include the raging petrol and electricity prices, both of which are a huge burden. Supposedly, the average inflation rate in Europe is approximately 8.5%, while in my country, Greece, it's claimed to have slowed down to 7.2%, which can't be accurate since the price of groceries keeps increasing. Unfortunately, the statistics that come up with inflation numbers are off, since there's a huge number of basic necessities that have almost doubled in price.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
Living in my country is very expensive, a small family with three to four members will spend at least $300 per month. Where a person earns a maximum salary of 200 dollars, so if at least two people in a family are not adults and do not start earning, then that family lives very hard. Here chicken is about $3.5 a kg and beef is $7 a kg. and $0.6 kg of rice. And also the price of oil and gas is very high because of which all in all I need a lot of money to live in the country.  Expenditure is more than income here

I'm shocked as the kilo of rice is half in us. Most of the prices here are $1; for chicken, $4.10; for beef, $7.65; and for pork, $5.83. Our minimum wage here is $200, which is $9 to $10 per day. We are in a third-world country, so we are not shocked. Without budgeting your salary, it is difficult, which is why others are doing some online selling to make some extra money. I do have family now, and I am having difficulty budgeting our salary. How much more do those underpaid people make?
I earn $200 from my job which is not enough to support my family of 8 members.  So I look for different jobs online to earn some extra money.  In this case this forum is helping me a lot to earn some good amount of money every month.  And all in all I am able to run the family now.  However, I am very worried about the future of commodity prices. On the other hand, those who are only dependent on job money are living their life more difficult from this moment.  On the other hand, the unemployment rate in my country is also very high
Activity: 2352
Living in my country is very expensive, a small family with three to four members will spend at least $300 per month. Where a person earns a maximum salary of 200 dollars, so if at least two people in a family are not adults and do not start earning, then that family lives very hard. Here chicken is about $3.5 a kg and beef is $7 a kg. and $0.6 kg of rice. And also the price of oil and gas is very high because of which all in all I need a lot of money to live in the country.  Expenditure is more than income here

I'm shocked as the kilo of rice is half in us. Most of the prices here are $1; for chicken, $4.10; for beef, $7.65; and for pork, $5.83. Our minimum wage here is $200, which is $9 to $10 per day. We are in a third-world country, so we are not shocked. Without budgeting your salary, it is difficult, which is why others are doing some online selling to make some extra money. I do have family now, and I am having difficulty budgeting our salary. How much more do those underpaid people make?
Activity: 798
Merit: 547
Leo is resting.
Op,you should be grateful to have enough to eat and a whopping $50 to get chicken drumsticks for your dog lol. Here in my country, $50 is above the minimum wage of the citizens and things are too expensive too unless you decide to become too busy doing multiple works that's the only way out for survival and at the end of it all, cost of transportation, accomodation and feeding will take all the money from you. I think generally now the word is experiencing inflation and unemployment is also affecting people more and more.
Activity: 1316
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
No offense or anything, but the fact that your German Shepard only is eating human food that is a burden expense wise..I mean you can really only blame yourself for that one.  I'm not saying dog food is cheap, and the good brands have certainly shot up with inflation, but it would certainly be more affordable than just a diet solely based in "human" food.

That being said, here in the United States we've had inflation as high as around 8-9% on average.  However thankfully inflation has started to fall of late.  Gas prices are around $3.25-3.50 per gallon (sorry I don't know what that translates to in liters), my gas and electric bills have skyrocket too but finally seem to be coming back down to earth a bit. 

FUCK YOU RUSSIA.  I know they aren't to blame for all of this, but they certainly are a big reason for it.  ( also no offense to Russians who oppose the war.  Just like how I despise the Chinese government, I don't despise all peoples there nor all Russians, I just hate your governments.  Which to be fair I hate my own government too).
Activity: 630
Merit: 606
Correct. In fact, the price of gasoline in Indonesia is still less than $ 1 dollar. And the price difference between developing countries and developed countries is very clear. but the unemployment rate in developing countries is also very high. So there are still many who live in economic difficulties. but the majority of Indonesia's population, even though they don't have a job or are unemployed, are still able to survive because the sense of humanity in Indonesia is very high. we work hand in hand and help each other. And if we go to the villages, the cost of living there is much lower. even many natural resources that can be obtained for free. and even many jobs that can make money if we want to help the farmers there. because many farmers in Indonesia also lack workers. because many young people there migrate to big cities and do not continue the farming that is managed by their families.

Very situational in each country because petrol products could really be that in different because we know that application of taxes or whatsoever add ups do really vary on each governance which do really sucks if you do live on a country which taxes are really that high which would really be applied.Cost of living here on our country is cheap but it do same goes on the wages that could gain here if you do have the work which it would really just breakeven and whats worst is that the goods and other products and services becomes even more expensive but the wages still remains which means that you would
really be fucked up if you wont really be able to find alternative income.
And that seems to be what's happening. although the prices here are quite cheap. but the rate of increase in prices due to inflation is not proportional to the amount of salary received because there is no increase in wages commensurate with the current increase in prices of goods. So now having a side job to earn extra income has become a trend here. enough to survive. but we certainly also need money to save and invest. because we also have to make plans for the future. The price of gasoline in Indonesia can be cheap because of assistance from the government, namely a subsidy program for the lower middle class. maybe if there is no subsidy program from the government then the price of gasoline and gas will be much more expensive.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

How popular would you say Crypto and Crypto-Gambling is in Pakistan?

I find in countries with unstable governments like Nigeria, Ukraine etc there is a lot of crypto-gamblers and crypto enthusiasts.

While bitcoin is popular among Nigerians as you’re going to find a lot of crypto enthusiasts, I’m curious on how you came about Nigeria having an unstable government. Perhaps a not so great economy at the moment but certainly not an unstable government.

Ukraine and Nigeria, as well as loads of other countries has bitcoin enthusiasts cause of what bitcoin has personally done for them and not necessarily cause of fucked up economies or unstable governments

Unstable governments means the situation could've gone worse in terms of economy as well as in terms of living. Most of the countries that have got unstable governments will be under the military rule. Few of the unstable governments were Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan. Many African countries fall in it, and for that reason above user might've mentioned Nigeria with it.

It is true, more people have personally benefitted out of bitcoin. Particularly with war and during the inflation. This makes them prioritise bitcoin against other forms of investment.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274

How popular would you say Crypto and Crypto-Gambling is in Pakistan?

I find in countries with unstable governments like Nigeria, Ukraine etc there is a lot of crypto-gamblers and crypto enthusiasts.

While bitcoin is popular among Nigerians as you’re going to find a lot of crypto enthusiasts, I’m curious on how you came about Nigeria having an unstable government. Perhaps a not so great economy at the moment but certainly not an unstable government.

Ukraine and Nigeria, as well as loads of other countries has bitcoin enthusiasts cause of what bitcoin has personally done for them and not necessarily cause of fucked up economies or unstable governments
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722
In Indonesia it's actually not too expensive, it's just that the minimum wage for employees and the large number of unemployed are still the main problems. For rice as a staple food, the price is still $0.79 / kilogram. Gasoline is still priced at $1, and other needs will surely follow. For Southeast Asian countries, especially countries that are still developing, the prices of basic necessities can still be considered affordable because they adjust to the minimum wage of employees and the economic conditions there. Different when talking about developed countries such as Japan, Korea, Singapore, China, Australia and European Union countries.
Correct. In fact, the price of gasoline in Indonesia is still less than $ 1 dollar. And the price difference between developing countries and developed countries is very clear. but the unemployment rate in developing countries is also very high. So there are still many who live in economic difficulties. but the majority of Indonesia's population, even though they don't have a job or are unemployed, are still able to survive because the sense of humanity in Indonesia is very high. we work hand in hand and help each other. And if we go to the villages, the cost of living there is much lower. even many natural resources that can be obtained for free. and even many jobs that can make money if we want to help the farmers there. because many farmers in Indonesia also lack workers. because many young people there migrate to big cities and do not continue the farming that is managed by their families.

Very situational in each country because petrol products could really be that in different because we know that application of taxes or whatsoever add ups do really vary on each governance which do really sucks if you do live on a country which taxes are really that high which would really be applied.Cost of living here on our country is cheap but it do same goes on the wages that could gain here if you do have the work which it would really just breakeven and whats worst is that the goods and other products and services becomes even more expensive but the wages still remains which means that you would
really be fucked up if you wont really be able to find alternative income.
Activity: 630
Merit: 606
In Indonesia it's actually not too expensive, it's just that the minimum wage for employees and the large number of unemployed are still the main problems. For rice as a staple food, the price is still $0.79 / kilogram. Gasoline is still priced at $1, and other needs will surely follow. For Southeast Asian countries, especially countries that are still developing, the prices of basic necessities can still be considered affordable because they adjust to the minimum wage of employees and the economic conditions there. Different when talking about developed countries such as Japan, Korea, Singapore, China, Australia and European Union countries.
Pages:
Jump to: